• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illuvial

Exploring Tallon IV
NNID
Illuvial
3DS FC
1435-3676-0317
Switch FC
SW-1736-8649-2292
Because 2 years ago it was too early to ban him, we wouldn't know if he was actually too good, 1 year ago it was too late because we knew.
And now no one even cares anymore.
It was too late because you knew? How in the **** does that even make an inkling of sense?

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Because 2 years ago it was too early to ban him, we wouldn't know if he was actually too good, 1 year ago it was too late because we knew.
And now no one even cares anymore.
Uh... no.

2 years ago it was perfectly fine to ban him.
1 year ago its still fine to ban him.
Even now its fine to ban him.

The thing is we're a bunch of ***** cats.
So we dance around the issue rather than face it directly.
Ledge grab limit.
IDC ban.
Ruleset catered to making MK worse.

I bet if the Brawl community played Power rangers they'd tell Ivan Ooze player's they can't use his specials twice in a row.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
MK isnt banned because he isnt as broken as people think. If he was ban worthy, he'd be winning everything all the time, and MK has only ever won 1 or 2 of the what like, 5-6 Apex tournaments, and thats the biggest smash tournament series there is. As a top tier character who is best in the game, we should expect him to win a lot of the time, but if a character in ban worthy that character should be over powered to a point where you straight up cant possibly beat the character if the player using said player abuses him to a point where its impossible to win. However, MK is the BIGGEST TOURNAMENT SERIES THERE IS FOR THIS GAME can even get at least a 50% win rate in the finals, so why should we ban a character that people have learned to beat? Sure, he's still the best, and sure, he still wins a lot, but hes the best character in the game, the best character SHOULD win the most. Broken characters that need to be banned CANT be beat, but MK can be beat as its been shown many times.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
It was too late because you knew? How in the **** does that even make an inkling of sense?
The same way it makes sense that 3 years into the game, we still wouldnt have an general understanding of how good all the characters are.

aka, it makes no sense, but people still ran around saying that four years into the game saying that its too late to change the status quo and ban mk.

@ z'z
does the fact that still made more money than all the other characters put together at all of those apex's mean anything to you. like, the top 16 is still 60 % mk. banable and broken are not the same thing, nor should they have to be. banable should only refer to something that is too good. and mk is too good.

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
MK isnt banned because he isnt as broken as people think. If he was ban worthy, he'd be winning everything all the time, and MK has only ever won 1 or 2 of the what like, 5-6 Apex tournaments, and thats the biggest smash tournament series there is. As a top tier character who is best in the game, we should expect him to win a lot of the time, but if a character in ban worthy that character should be over powered to a point where you straight up cant possibly beat the character if the player using said player abuses him to a point where its impossible to win. However, MK is the BIGGEST TOURNAMENT SERIES THERE IS FOR THIS GAME can even get at least a 50% win rate in the finals, so why should we ban a character that people have learned to beat? Sure, he's still the best, and sure, he still wins a lot, but hes the best character in the game, the best character SHOULD win the most. Broken characters that need to be banned CANT be beat, but MK can be beat as its been shown many times.
I understand your point. The issue is not that people want him banned because he's "broken". He clearly isn't even though he ****s on 90% of the cast. That's not the point here I think.

People want MK banned because the evolution of the metagame and the rulesets revolves around MK. To even him out with the rest of the cast.
MK can be beaten more easily in the actual setting, simply because the new rules added are usually put in place to "balance" him so to speak.

I'm in the middle as far as the ban goes. I personally like the matchup, even though I'm godawful at it.
There's something thrilling in playing a losing MU.

Have a platypus.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Z'zgashi said:
MK isnt banned because he isnt as broken as people think. If he was ban worthy, he'd be winning everything all the time ,

A stupid and old argument that reminds me about how ignorant the Brawl community can be. You do not need to be along the lines of Ivan Ooze to be ban worthy. You do not need to be an SF2T Akuma type of broken to be banned.
You can be Dark Armed Dragon status and get banned.
You can be Destiny Hero status and get banned.
You can be Judgement status and be banned.

You do not need to be obscenely broken to be ban worthy.
Its idiotic thoughts like that which lead to the terrible stagelists and rules that were implemented today.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
A stupid and old argument that reminds me about how ignorant the Brawl community can be. You do not need to be along the lines of Ivan Ooze to be ban worthy. You do not need to be an SF2T Akuma type of broken to be banned.
You can be Dark Armed Dragon status and get banned.
You can be Destiny Hero status and get banned.
You can be Judgement status and be banned.

You do not need to be obscenely broken to be ban worthy.
Its idiotic thoughts like that which lead to the terrible stagelists and rules that were implemented today.

Dark Armed Dragon isn't banned.
Only one Destiny Hero card is banned.
Solemn Jugdment isn't banned.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
It's definitely a lot funner without him present.

He's banned in CO currently, and ever since, the character diversity has sky rocketed. I know longer need a secondary just for dealing with MK.
It's rather nice.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/
Ah right, it was banned, THEN limited.
After running about as a 3 card for the longest time.
Same for a few other cards that are banned due to their nature such as Monster Reborn (though that went limited for a time), as well as Raigeki.

http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/

That was my point.
It is due to the overcentralizing nature, not because it is flat out OP.
Which is my point.
Wasn't referring to Yu-Gi-Oh, was referring to the GGXX character Justice whose name I mixed up.
She isn't nearly as broken as Akuma or Ivan Ooze, but she is still banned.
Thanks for the correction on DaD and my error on Justice.

Illuvial

Exploring Tallon IV
NNID
Illuvial
3DS FC
1435-3676-0317
Switch FC
SW-1736-8649-2292
/Rant mode engaged

It sounds like we are letting the MK mains that are winning tournaments left and right decide if MK should be banned. If something is banworthy, then ban it! Don't ruin the game for the remainder of it's lifecycle based on some lame excuse of "it's too late". You are literally saying "**** the 10+ characters that will benefit greatly from a MK ban, it is too late for that, so anyone that plays those characters can **** themselves because recreating the ruleset is hhhhaaaarrrd..."

EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER BENEFITS FROM A MK BAN! Ice Climbers would become number 1 in theory, but with a more diverse stagelist that would not be an issue! DON'T YOU SEE THAT FIXING THIS GAME IS AS EASY AS BANNING THE CHARACTER THAT IS RUINING THE META!?!?!?!?!?!

/Rant mode disengaged

GalaxyWaffles

Smash Apprentice
IMO, if MK isn't banned then the meta will never evolve. Too much **** revolves around him & only him. If people want him banned then ban him. Simple. With him banned we would see a lot more diversity character wise and possibly more people would go to tourneys.

Why are the majority of people here so stupid?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
lol @ ICs being #1 without MK...

theyre only number 2 now because theyre the best option against mk. without him, all the robs, ikes, yoshis, pits, zeldas, wolfs zero suits and whoever else are free to run train on them.

p.s. I run my own tournaments and i ban mk and its fantastic. everyone will bring up unbanning him once in a while but they dont really miss it, they just forgot how bad it is.

top 4 at my last tournament was Sonic, Pikachu, Mario, Lucario.... pretty fkn sweet.

oh and one last thing, nobodys ever tried it to my knowledge, but I feel like theres a half decent chance Justice would have gotten banned from GG tournaments for being brokenly powerful. As it stands she was only banned because she was console exclusive. Kliff might have been a better example for what you were trying to say, but im not sure.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
:dedede: is stupidly easy to juggle. I haven't kept up with the thread, but who is honestly saying that? His only option to get back down while being juggled is to try to airdodge or dair (lol).
Combined with his fastfall and multiple jumps, which you failed to mention, his "only options" of airdodge and dair are actually very fine options. Btw, you can also FF nair on top of the opponent. Its fast and lagless enough that the opponent probably won't be able to react to it. On-hit, it true-combos into utilt at low-mid%'s (and grab at low %'s) for some good damage. Then you have Inhale, and its B-reversal stuff, which I'm very surprised you didn't mention because Coney is practically famous for using those to cover his landing. Heck, even bair helps out.

You guys mixed up the tools DDD uses to land with the tools he doesn't have to avoid getting juggled. People will hit DDD, Snake and Dk over and over and over because they don't have much. Snake can trade with a grenade or attempt to go high... that's pretty good
(It's not really that good
)
Well, in all honesty, the tools DDD uses to land are also tools he has to avoid being juggled. That goes for every character. Then he has a tool (DJ, especially combined with dair) that just helps him avoid getting juggled. "Snake can trade with a grenade or attempt to go high," but DDD can just force through you with dair if he really, REALLY wants to get his feet on the ground to replenish his jumps, and with all his jumps, he can go pretty high, too. So I'd say we have all the advantages that Snake has plus, y'know, more..... :smash:

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
p.s. I run my own tournaments and i ban mk and its fantastic. everyone will bring up unbanning him once in a while but they dont really miss it, they just forgot how bad it is
This is the best way to handle banning MK. Assuming you want him gone.
This is how he ended up getting banned in CO atleast.

Everyone just started hosting MK banned tournaments until it was the most common tournament ruleset there.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Wish it was that simple. LI started hosting a LOT of MK banned tourneys during and even after the URC MK ban. I think they even took over most of the Brawl scene, but MK-legal ones simply made a resurgence (thanks to Raptor and Vinnie and maybe Coontail as well, I think, but not sure) and now, well, MK-legal is the new standard. :ohwell:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
IMO, if MK isn't banned then the meta will never evolve. Too much **** revolves around him & only him. If people want him banned then ban him. Simple. With him banned we would see a lot more diversity character wise and possibly more people would go to tourneys.

Why are the majority of people here so stupid?
So by character diversity you mean Ice Climbers and Olimar?

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
During the MK ban period, the most successful character without a doubt was not Ice Climbers or Olimar, but Diddy Kong.

At WHOBO 4, top 8 had Pikachu, ICs, Snake, Ike, ZSS, DK, Dedede, Diddy Kong, Wario, Toon Link, and a few others. Most top placers used secondaries too.

Why? Because with MK gone, Brawl is a super diverse CP-oriented game.

My opinion straight-up is that MK players who want to keep him legal want all of the reward without the work everyone else puts in. And because they are the best-placing players, they are a powerful lobby capable of putting their own wishes above what is best for the game and for the rest of the community. They do so by manipulating the rule sets and stage lists and by threatening to quit, etc. MK is overpowered, too central, and should have been banned years ago. Period.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Wish it was that simple. LI started hosting a LOT of MK banned tourneys during and even after the URC MK ban. I think they even took over most of the Brawl scene, but MK-legal ones simply made a resurgence (thanks to Raptor and Vinnie and maybe Coontail as well, I think, but not sure) and now, well, MK-legal is the new standard. :ohwell:
All the Impacts I've hosted have been MK banned since that was the most popular one by vote so I'm not sure what you're saying /:

Illuvial

Exploring Tallon IV
NNID
Illuvial
3DS FC
1435-3676-0317
Switch FC
SW-1736-8649-2292
My opinion straight-up is that MK players who want to keep him legal want all of the reward without the work everyone else puts in. And because they are the best-placing players, they are a powerful lobby capable of putting their own wishes above what is best for the game and for the rest of the community. They do so by manipulating the rule sets and stage lists and by threatening to quit, etc. MK is overpowered, too central, and should have been banned years ago. Period.
^^^^^^^
This guy knows what's up.

How would we go about banning him in a more universal manner though?

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
And everyone else puts in 20x the work they do to beat them.

MK can literally YOLO fair/shuttle loop 90% of the cast
DOn't you hate it when you're trying to cash a cheque and then the teller says "sorry sir but this number is too big to legally exist" i hate that

BSP

Smash Legend
As a top tier character who is best in the game, we should expect him to win a lot of the time, but if a character i ban worthy that character should be over powered to a point where you straight up cant possibly beat the character if the player using said player abuses him to a point where its impossible to win.
We stop players from doing this with our limits on MK. If we're going to claim he isn't broken, we need to let MK use his tools to the best of his ability and stop bringing him down with restrictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom