• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
ZSS might as well be placed second on the tier list. Diddy Olimar Wario Snake Marth Falco IC's could not match her success, it's over

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
hold up. this doesn't make zss good. this just means a bunch of people who are bad against zss got fradulated by the flashiest zero suit spamus of all time.

dojo- history of losing to zss
otori- japan aint got no zss that matters
m2k- wat have we learned about when m2k doesn't know a mu?
mikeneko- same as otori

his bracket was compiled of amazing players who weren't prepared. zss is still bad

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Someone is mad salty that a sexy blonde ***** won a tournament before youre little winged ****** had the chance.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Dojo I'll give you, and Kain too. But Mr. R beats Quiksilver all the time. M2K beat *Salem himself* all the time. And Japan has a ton of ZSS and Otori has as much experience as anyone could ask for; there's even a video of Otori styling all over one of Japan's best ZSS players on YouTube somewhere.

It's time to cut the crap, ZSS is good and she can do ****. The primary thing Salem lucked out on a bit is not running into any Olimars.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
As someone whos always placed ZSS as the top of high tier on my personal tier list, I do feel that this proves shes top tier material (its technically not even a position change from my perspective lol).

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
It proves that Salem is good, not ZSS. :applejack:
It definitely says both. It doesn't prove anything.

What calibur of character has won internationals in the past? Nationals, even? Diddy Kong. Falco. Meta Knight. Ice Climbers? Olimar. Snake. That's it.

And now ZSS.

But I mean, ZSS can continue to be in the same tier as like Toon Link and Dedede, whatever.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
It proves that Salem is good, not ZSS.
What does that even mean? "Good" is, in this context, a contextless value statement, and given any standard or goal through which "good" can be assigned, ZSS is clearly applicable.

Like, ****, ZSS won an international with every top player there. In our current metagame, that is a humongous indicator that, relative to a lot of the characters around her, ZSS is capable of winning tournaments.

What else is a tier list supposed to measure? Some vague, assumed standard of quality of character?

Dunno, it seems really ridiculous to say "Well that only happened because Salem is an amazing player (which he is), and not because ZSS is capable of..." whatever ZSS isn't capable of that a tier list is supposed to indicate.

I'm not that fussed; I don't really care about the tier list (or even if that's your actual opinion). It's just a silly mindset that too many people have lol

Yobolight

Smash Lord
Is the ZSS just secretly a MK counter or is she fairly good all around?

Also I'm pretty sure that we have to consider that no ZSS has ever been as good as Salem.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
It's -1.

ZSS has plenty of tools that work against stuff MK likes to do, but every time ZSS is off-stage it's really scary. It's one of the few match-ups that her stupid grab works really well in because she can punish landings with it really effectively (like from tornado).

MK's tilt pressure is gay though, it can be hard to avoid and is really her biggest problem in the MU. If I had to give advice to anyone playing MK I'd say use lots of dtilt and ftilt 1 and grab. Don't rely as much on nado. Grounded poke pressure is where it's at.

And for christ's sake when she dtilts you, jump away. You have like 6 jumps, just use them.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
No SFP

We MK's must all air dodge into the ground after dtilt

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
But I mean, ZSS can continue to be in the same tier as like Toon Link and Dedede, whatever.
Yeah, this one statement alone makes it pretty clear to me. Even if you put her in her own tier between Top and High (BL2 :laugh:), there's no way she should be stuck with the likes of Lucario, TL, and DDD.

I'm pretty sure that we have to consider that no ZSS has ever been as good as Salem.
What the heck does this even mean? :c

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Okay guys, my mistake.
Salem proved that America stays free to characters that don't really exist. :applejack:

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
I don't care. Just get Wario out of Top Tier. He doesn't deserve it.

Get out. :glare:

Seriously though, after this showing from Warios this Apex I can see him replacing ZSS as top of high tier..his counters being so common at top level play ruins his viability. :sadsheep:

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
It's -1.

ZSS has plenty of tools that work against stuff MK likes to do, but every time ZSS is off-stage it's really scary. It's one of the few match-ups that her stupid grab works really well in because she can punish landings with it really effectively (like from tornado).

MK's tilt pressure is gay though, it can be hard to avoid and is really her biggest problem in the MU. If I had to give advice to anyone playing MK I'd say use lots of dtilt and ftilt 1 and grab. Don't rely as much on nado. Grounded poke pressure is where it's at.

And for christ's sake when she dtilts you, jump away. You have like 6 jumps, just use them.
It's -2 for those reasons. Compare to MK's actual -1 match-ups.

Also isn't it funny that M2K didn't use any tilts, he just spammed tornado and shuttle loop with the occasional aerial?

Don't get me wrong, ZSS is good and should be considerably higher on the tier list, but this won't even come close to happening again.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Okay guys, my mistake.
Salem proved that America stays free to characters that don't really exist. :applejack:
Are you actually being serious with this? Not only were there players who werent American, Apex was also full of top level players. ZSS is not a very rare character, without any doubt most players have some knowledge about fighting her. ZSS has always existed, so where is this discredit coming from?

I must admit I cant believe this blond skank actually won an international, but I hope things like "ZSS is nothing but a gimmick character" wont be said again, theres just no way a 'gimmick character' could win an (inter)national in a metagame that is 4,5 years old.

Kudos to Salem, this is a very admirable accomplishment.

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom