• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
Blastoise is the weakest of the three starters in 5th gen imo. Zard is pretty decent on drought teams. :happysheep:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
@Z'z: Was your last big post targeted at me? I play Pokemon competitively too, and my post clearly agreed with your sentiment. I know how the tier system works there, it gives otherwise obsolete Pokemon their own metagames to shine in. Pokemon doesn't even try to be balanced or has any semblance of balance, so the competitive community worked around it with their unique tier system. In fact, the last line of my post said that you CAN'T APPLY SMOGON'S SYSTEM TO SMASH. I don't think anybody was honestly advocating that, but I made my post anyway, just in case. I'll repeat it again, Smogon's tier system is more than different from Smash's tier system. Comparing Kyogre/Mewtwo/Arceus to MK just doesn't work.

Oh yeah, and anyone is welcome to get at me in Pokemon Showdown. ;)
No it was at Dre and the others who were comparing Pokemon tiering and banning reasons to Smash.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Luco, every generation adds new moves item, and abilities and then retroactively go back and apply those new things to the old pokemon.

Zard, Blastoise and Venusaur dont have the same moves and abilities now that they had when the first gen came out because each generation adds stuff that affects them.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Luco, every generation adds new moves item, and abilities and then retroactively go back and apply those new things to the old pokemon.

Zard, Blastoise and Venusaur dont have the same moves and abilities now that they had when the first gen came out because each generation adds stuff that affects them.
When I last saw dre, gen 5 was out. I heard zard was still bad-ish. i could be remembering it badly. Dre?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Venusaur is pretty good.

Imo it goes:

Venusaur > Blastoise > Charizard

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
I challenge you to a showdown!!!!!
You play too, Jebus?

I suppose playing pokemon as a side is a favourite past-time with bowsers?

Sorry i'm kidding, dre was the first person I met who told me he played pokemon competitively.

it also made me sad to hear that Charizard was the weakest of the three starters. :(
That's kinda true, at least three of us like Pokeymanz battling, lol. On a slightly related note, I've run a trollish UU team before with Blastoise, Torkoal, and Torterra on it. ALL HAIL THE TURTLE TRINITY! They're three of my favorite Pokemon, so I just had see what a team of all three of them would be like.

No it was at Dre and the others who were comparing Pokemon tiering and banning reasons to Smash.
Ah, ok. Just checking.

Also, I agree that Venusaur is good. Hell, all three of the fully evolved Gen 1 starters aren't useless at all. None of them are the best, but they can do work in the right teams in their respective tiers.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
That's kinda true, at least three of us like Pokeymanz battling, lol. On a slightly related note, I've run a trollish UU team before with Blastoise, Torkoal, and Torterra on it. ALL HAIL THE TURTLE TRINITY! They're three of my favorite Pokemon, so I just had see what a team of all three of them would be like.
Y U NO USE CARRACOSTA :glare:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Zard would be fine without Stealth Rock. Requiring a Spinner that badly is trouble: the only Pokemon in OU with a 4x weakness once SR came on the scene are Volcarona and what Ninjask (which doesn't really count because he's a dedicated lead anyways). Yanmega for a short bit IIRC too, but SR quickly ruined him a bit as well

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Y U NO USE CARRACOSTA :glare:
****, I forgot all about Carracosta! :awesome:

I guess he didn't come to mind because I had this whole TURTLE TRINITY idea solidly set in my mind, and Blastoise was already taking the role of water turtle. Still, that's no excuse!

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
the only Pokemon in OU with a 4x weakness once SR came on the scene are Volcarona and what Ninjask (which doesn't really count because he's a dedicated lead anyways). Yanmega for a short bit IIRC too, but SR quickly ruined him a bit as well
????
SR came into the competitive scene in 4th gen
Volcarona is a 5th gen pokemon

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
When I last saw dre, gen 5 was out. I heard zard was still bad-ish. i could be remembering it badly. Dre?
But I only play RBY (first gen) competitively.

In that gen Zard isn't that good and Blastoise is the worst starter competitively. Although Squirtle is the best starter in-game and Charmander is the worst.

:phone:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I meant in total for 4th and 5th Gen, not 4th Gen only. I probably should have worded it "since". My bad.

Point being, Pokemon with 4x and even 2x weakness to SR feel the impact. Rapid Spin doesn't Salvage Charizard it's too much.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Especially since one of the main Zard sets, Bellyzard, is completely shut down by SR.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
But I only play RBY (first gen) competitively.

In that gen Zard isn't that good and Blastoise is the worst starter competitively. Although Squirtle is the best starter in-game and Charmander is the worst.

Ohh, sorry, I couldn't remember. It has been about 8 months. :p

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You guys are dumb. I've been a top 10 online player in my country for ~2 years in 386 [2006-2008; until Brawl came out, basically]. I understand the metagame WAY better than wanna-be know-it-alls like DMG or Surpreme Dirt. You could've definitely legalized Mewtwo in 386 and it would've worked. People are just whiny scrubs and want to ban everything that doesn't get tanked by their Skarm-Bliss-Suicune combo and the other half are whiny scrubs who want to ban even that. Mewtwo doesn't have a single moveset in 386 that can't be countered but it's OK. I let you people pretend that you know your stuff about a game you clearly don't know anything about.

:059:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Gheb- Blissey is a wall, not a tank. You probably shouldn't insult people if you're going to make mistakes like that.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Every Pokemon has a counter, so obviously Mewtwo can be countered, lol.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Honestly modern Ubers has enough Pokemon and viable non- Ubers that it could be the standard meta. It's just that Ubers started as a banlist in older gens when there weren't many pokemon in there so it couldn't be standard.

As for people saying MK is beatable, that's only if there is a decent skill gap between the players, and the same could be said for Ubers.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Then how about you have a vote throughout the community and see what the majority wants?

Oh wait, we tried that, then the Admins of this site decided to shut down the URC which was enforcing the ban.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
And to clarify, for those that think MK legal gets more people, I run tournament locals called Impact in NY/NJ where I let attendees vote for the ruleset. Biggest one got 52 people and MK banned always gets more votes then the other 2 options combined. I might be against the ban, but I also don't like people stating lies to back up their argument.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I think a universal ban is silly because regions who don't want him banned shouldn't have to ban him because people outside their region voted for it.

I just don't understand how people can justify MK being legal from a competitive standpoint.

Life

Smash Hero
Wonder if URC is coming back now that AZ is buying Smashboards. I remember he was a big part of it and now he's calling the shots.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
If i learned anything from this discussion its that i made the right choice and to stick to my guns regarding the events that I run

Life

Smash Hero
For once I'm with gheb on that. Having different terminology for physically and specially oriented tanks/walls/sponges/whatevers is kinda silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom