• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah. It's like a Wario Fsmash, it's damn strong

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
BLAH BLAH BLAH everyone's got a lovely boner for Peach I see

SoulPech

Smash Master
IMO, Peach's booty has been kidnapped so many times by Bowser...I don't even wanna know what happened behind the scenes.

Dat Rosalina though.

Also, happy halloween everyone!

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
For the record, I really don't think Marth v Wario is +2.

Especially in context of the rest of Marth's +2's.

Like, I'm going to talk more in depth about it when we do the next Chart revision, but it doesn't even FEEL like a +2. I feel +1 is much more appropriate there.

Nicole

Smash Champion
I for one can attest to reading nicoles application.

It kinda sucked imo. So it might have seemed like more of a formality than anything, which kinda plays into DPs point.

also, the one in the middle is Adumbrodeus (where the hell has he been?)
ok so tell me, what makes a good application?

i made many contributions to peach and the boards back in the day when i played more and i linked the threads that -I- was in charge of running to my application. also i'm glad that remembering my bbr app from 2 years ago CRYSTAL CLEAR is on your list of priorities of important things to do.

also, that was a completely unnecessary asinine comment, which is precisely why i dont like you among many other reasons

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
KID: It's still helpful to know kill % without DI because it lets you get a better grasp on how much DI/momentum cancelling actually help. Look at Snake for example. Showing the two options, DI vs no DI, you see a huge difference.
Ill give you that. Its good for general game understanding but not really for noting on the boards.
BLAH BLAH BLAH everyone's got a lovely boner for Peach I see
I know I do.
Not if you main her. Cause going by research, 99.9% of Peach players are gay.
Did ya hear that Illmatic?
Either Ill or DP is the.1 percent.
Peach's booty for top tier
lol.
Only if ZSS' is God Tier
Nah son, Peach booty got ZSS beat. Samus doesnt attack with hers, thats why its not as big. dem ******s though? ZSS all dai.
ok so tell me, what makes a good application?

i made many contributions to peach and the boards back in the day when i played more and i linked the threads that -I- was in charge of running to my application. also i'm glad that remembering my bbr app from 2 years ago CRYSTAL CLEAR is on your list of priorities of important things to do.

also, that was a completely unnecessary asinine comment, which is precisely why i dont like you among many other reasons
i just remember getting a distinct lack of concern when I read it (I read... 90% of those apps) as if you didnt really want to be in but just put in an app because somebody dared you or something. Crystal clear is an obvious overstatement but w/e, it doesnt really affect me.

But hey thats just one guys opinion. But Im glad that making me aware of all the reasons you dont care for me is so high on your priority list. As if you arent being a huge hypocrite right now.

You dont have to like me. the only thing you have to acknowledge about me is that im better than you at the game.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Lost power due to that darned hurricane, so I'm a bit behind on the conversation...

D3 has a better MU spread than Wario because he ***** almost everyone below him. Wario has, IMO, a better top tier spread than everyone (I think) below him.
I'd say that they have about equally good MU spreads in Top Tier. DDD does have some pretty devastating -2's, and even a -3, but he also has advantageous MUs against Marth, Snake, and lolobviously Wario. Wario doesn't have a single advantageous MU in Top Tier, and as I already pointed out earlier, he also has three -2's among them. Like, I don't see how that is supposed to be Top Tier material. Even at the bottom of the tier, it would be nice to have an advantage against someone else up there. He's not that much better than ZSS or Lucario, we just happen to have more Warios prancing around.

He doesn't lose -2 to Marth, and he doesn't lose to Peach. It's probably even.

Warios wouldn't care about those characters. The only one they'd care about would be Dedede.
I doubt any Wario is more scared of Marth or Peach than of Diddy or Falco (talking about the top players here). Well, I guess there could be some, but eh...

Glutonny always beats the EU Marths and Leons Peach. When I play Wario vs Peach it also seems more like Warios favor. Marth is meh - I guess it's -1, but imo it's also possibly even.

The only thing I'd consider calling a >counter< to Wario would be Dedede.
Care to explain to me how Marth:Wario is not a very solid -2? I also play Marth and have played some decent Warios, and I do not see how Wario is supposed to even out this MU at any point on any stage other than Brinstar and RC? Wario can't compete with that speed combined with disjoint, even in the air, and lol grab > usmash and grab > spike. Marth will corner Wario and Wario WILL die.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Marth doesn't "corner" Wario. Nobody really corners Wario. Marth is good in the matchup because his guesses work really well. We have to get past a sizeable wall of aerials before we actually get to play the game.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I was joking earlier, but how do you define the words "shallow" and "shortsighted?"
in the context of this conversation, I think about people like (admittedly) myself and a bunch of other sonic/ike mains, that for a long time intentionally told people that our characters were bad because we enjoyed winning free money at our local low tier tournaments. Sonic and Ike pretty much body low tier characters, for the record.

this is a shallow idea because it sacrifices the honesty and integrity of matters related to having an honest understanding of where all the characters land, for the sake of our personal monetary gain.

on the other hand plenty of people like to have the feeling of "I made this character better" and people also have character pride of not wanting to believe that their character is bad. So they come up with bad reasonings as to why their character is better then they actually are, to make themselves feel better.

the reasons that people have for misinterpreting or lying about their characters is largely self serving. Hence, shallow.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Alternatively, some of us actually feel like their character is good/bad in certain situations and are out to correct misconceptions that lead to over/underrating specific characters

IE: ICs are bad

Life

Smash Hero
ICs, while good, are only even close to MK if your stagelist is terrible. And if your perspective is that everyone but MK is bad...

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Maybe it just means that the common ruleset is dumb and inflates some characters' usefulness.

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
I'd say that they have about equally good MU spreads in Top Tier. DDD does have some pretty devastating -2's, and even a -3, but he also has advantageous MUs against Marth, Snake, and lolobviously Wario. Wario doesn't have a single advantageous MU in Top Tier, and as I already pointed out earlier, he also has three -2's among them. Like, I don't see how that is supposed to be Top Tier material. Even at the bottom of the tier, it would be nice to have an advantage against someone else up there. He's not that much better than ZSS or Lucario, we just happen to have more Warios prancing around.
We also don't have any disadvantageous MUs in top tier outside of Marth, MK and arguably ICs/Olimar on the japanese ruleset. Falco can be argued +1 Wario with the CG if you can do it consistently (I.e. 80% success rate and above)IMO. ZSS can be argued as good or better than Wario because her MUs are only slightly worse than him (I think) along with her having more solid MUs vs high, mid, and low tier iirc. Lucario I will disagree with though since he has the same amount of -2s, 1/2 disadvantageous MUs in borderline tier, and several more top tier MUs that he loses -1 than us iirc. Correct me if I'm wrong about his -2s though, it's been several months since I've studied his character MUs thoroughly. .- .

Wario does not have many top or high level players that enter tourneys and/or use him consistently. He has quite a few players that use him that are good but they don't enter tournies often or they don't even use him in tourney consistently outside of using him as an alternative for a MU they dislike. ZSS has more consistent top/high level players repping her atm I think with V115, Nick Riddle, Salem, and Quik off the top of my head. I'm not particularly sure the current reps of Lucario but it definitely hurts to have Trela quitting and Junebug not being able to go to tournies. :happysheep:

Luigi player

Smash Master
How should a laggy aerial like Peaches bair wall such a mobile character like Wario?
I mean, I'm not saying it isn't able to "block" a few of his "approaches", but Wario should easily be able to work around that (move away/airdodge then fair/bair or whatever).

Also Peach kills at like 170+. Very rarely it can happen that she gets kills at 150+, but that's like the earliest, besides gimps or usmash kills (which both happen just as rarely as her other early KOs).

(that's for weightclasses middle and up)

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
Because she can fast fall it to the ground then throw out another floated bair? Getting through a proper floated bair/uair wall should technically be impossible for Wario. The only reason why we can get through is because we're human and we make mistakes.

Peach has no trouble racking up the damage to get us up to 150+. She also has solid options for frame locking us into a grab for an easy u-smash kill at 90-110% depending on the stage. :happysheep:

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
How should a laggy aerial like Peaches bair wall such a mobile character like Wario?
I mean, I'm not saying it isn't able to "block" a few of his "approaches", but Wario should easily be able to work around that (move away/airdodge then fair/bair or whatever).

Also Peach kills at like 170+. Very rarely it can happen that she gets kills at 150+, but that's like the earliest, besides gimps or usmash kills (which both happen just as rarely as her other early KOs).

(that's for weightclasses middle and up)
Float/Auto Cancelling

Bair is pretty fast and lingers a bit.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Because she can fast fall it to the ground then throw out another floated bair? Getting through a proper floated bair/uair wall should technically be impossible for Wario. The only reason why we can get through is because we're human and we make mistakes.

Peach has no trouble racking up the damage to get us up to 150+. She also has solid options for frame locking us into a grab for an easy u-smash kill at 90-110% depending on the stage. :happysheep:
Pretty sure fsmash doesn't care about any grounded bairs/uairs.

Peach kills wario stupid early on several neutrals, and NOT 170% lol
If the Wario isn't careful enough, yeah. I also wasn't talking about Wario only on that one (which you can see from the weight-stuff I put at the end of the post).

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
Spaced bair solidly outranges f-smash, it's also fast enough to hit before super armor frames iirc. Uair is to deal with pesky dairs/nairs from above, not to deal with approaches and attacks coming horizontally. Usually when I have to deal with Peach floating bair/uair walling she's above my f-smash range anyway. :happysheep:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom