• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
MK can't beat Pit by using only Tornado. American Pits are just bad. All of them.

Earth's wins vs M2K may not mean everything but they're not worthless either - unless you can show me the american Pit player who is good enough even to not get two stocked by M2K you can't claim that he's plain bad at the match-up without actively admitting how much you lack the understanding how Pit as a character works. Because even if M2K sucked at the match-up there must be a difference between what american Pits do and what japanese Pits do.
Earth doesn't only have a winning record vs M2K but he's also fairly even with Akira [back when he was good] and Masashi is like 2-0 or 3-0 in sets vs Rain's MK [who definitely knows the match-up]. Even if the match-up is difficult it reflects very poorly on the american Pits if you blame it all on the character in your ignorance.

It's really sad though. Americans confuse whatever Pit players they have for somebody who actually knows how to use the character when actually only Masashi, Earth and cyve do. No wonder everybody thinks the character sucks.

:059:
but gheb, if you know any pit who will admit to being bad it's me. seriously when don't i admit to being bad? (however i firmly believe all smashers are bad in at least some way. if you don't believe me pick any top level player and i will tell you something about them that makes them bad)

*Removed

and i whole heartedly agree when you say all of america's pits suck. the only good ones are koolaid, ally, and kiraflax. but kiraflax is only decent, koolaid's smash career died (tragic cotton candy overdose, RIP koolaid's career), and ally doesn't count because all he does is read people and do stupid **** that shouldn't work. actually ally is a perfect example of what i said earlier. watch a vid of his and tell me how much stupid **** he gets away with because he has the opponent mentally scared. like when he runs off stage with snake and comes back with bair against MK's. if that mk had a brain he would immediately shuttle loop, but lucky for ally the mk is also bad

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Snake bair beats aerial shuttle loop during its start-up because no invincibility frames.

But ... I'm not sure what your point is ... or how it's related to what I'm saying. If you're a bad player I won't blame you for it. I'm a bad player too. If you're aware that you are bad then you already have the start of something - a lot of people are bad and just don't realize it and thus get stuck on the wrong way. It's just that I don't understand why you're not broadening your horizon and try to view your characters from all possible angles. Isn't it true that Pit actually has gotten some work done ... outside of the US? Ever wondered why? Ever tried to get an idea about it? And have them ideas bounce off somebody who thinks similar to you? It all seems so unconstructive the way you get stuck on your ideas and then insist on them. Rather than to find a new way.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Olimar and Diddy should be about the same now. Olimar loses a little worse to MK and ICs... (and also Falco).

Vs Snake Olimar might be a bit better... Olimar vs Diddy is probably even too.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Come to think of it I've never seen a consistent yoshi :awesome:
Poltergust was pretty consistent in terms of placings when he was active. Green Ace started good, but his placings slowly kept getting worst around the time he quit.
omg why are all of your posts meat-riding Japan so hard

I mean, I kind-of agree with you on that point, but gawd
Cyve is from Europe.
the only good ones are koolaid, ally, and kiraflax. but kiraflax is only decent, koolaid's smash career died (tragic cotton candy overdose, RIP koolaid's career), and ally doesn't count because all he does is read people and do stupid **** that shouldn't work. actually ally is a perfect example of what i said earlier. watch a vid of his and tell me how much stupid **** he gets away with because he has the opponent mentally scared. like when he runs off stage with snake and comes back with bair against MK's. if that mk had a brain he would immediately shuttle loop, but lucky for ally the mk is also bad
I laughed hard@tragic cotton candy overdose. I don't think Kiraflax is that good either. He places in a bad region where :peach: usually gets 2nd and doesn't place amazingly well when he goes out of state.

:018:

Tesh

Smash Hero
Its pretty obvious American Pits don't stack up to the best ones we have seen in Japan or Europe. Even from other mid tiers, its very clear that much better can be done from characters around that level.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I feel brawl has a lot of chars hovering in that md tier area who are not only a lot of fun but pretty darn solid overall.

Pit, wolf, zss to name a few.

:phone:

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Still waiting on Marth vs Wolf :p if you have time, that is. Since write-ups for no real reason aren't always the best use of spare time imo

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_1B-SEFu58E

For people that talk nonsense about perfect spacing is require to make Marth amazing blah blah.

Watch that vid. No perfect spacing required just not upbing all day vs blocking opponents and jumping into the **** is all that is needed to show how good Marth is. The choices mikeneko makes in his mathes are intelligent like most Japanese players I have seen honestly. Such a diff metagame then in us and Europe. Japanese seem to play more calculating while everyone else just goes on instinct save a few outliers like esam, m2k and a few others.

Seriously though this Marth has the play style I think is optimal down to a science. Even uses dtilt correctly. Fade away fairs and db is mainly used as a punish and if used as an approach he actually hit confirms. Bless mikenekos heart.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
But in half of his matches Mikeneko also gets like 80% by juggling, he just makes it look easy.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Those are trap situations where honestly Marth is prolly gonna get the damage anyways so ur better off eating a uair then an usmash or something else more damaging then that simple uair.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
Snake bair beats aerial shuttle loop during its start-up because no invincibility frames.

But ... I'm not sure what your point is ... or how it's related to what I'm saying. If you're a bad player I won't blame you for it. I'm a bad player too. If you're aware that you are bad then you already have the start of something - a lot of people are bad and just don't realize it and thus get stuck on the wrong way. It's just that I don't understand why you're not broadening your horizon and try to view your characters from all possible angles. Isn't it true that Pit actually has gotten some work done ... outside of the US? Ever wondered why? Ever tried to get an idea about it? And have them ideas bounce off somebody who thinks similar to you? It all seems so unconstructive the way you get stuck on your ideas and then insist on them. Rather than to find a new way.

tbh i only got back into brawl (as in wanting to get good again) last week. i've been playing marvel. but i understand wat you are saying. tbh ill admit im very close minded on the MK mu, but that's just because of all the hours i've spent playing my friends MKs trying to find ways to make the MU better, and we only find ways to make it worse (and those friends are shadow1pj, sync {who used to main mk], gnes, trela, and p4) and it just seems impossible. of course i agree that i do need to open my mind again on it but i got beat down by MK so much i gave up on ever beating him. the last time i went to a real tourny (not my house series) i got 3 stocked by an mk, but i ***** every single one of his other characters.

also tbh the other pit mains don't give a **** about discussing things like MUs and doing video analysis anymore. the last time i tried to revive that board's interest nobody for the most part bothered posting in the threads i made/bumped/updated. i mean **** if there are people out there who care about advancing his meta as much as i did i would happily put in the work again. but alas, the only pit i ever converse with anymore is esca and life has been ****ing him over so hard that he doesn't even get to go to tournies anymore and doesn't get to practice with people (which is to bad because he really is the best pit in america when he has his game on imo).

and i mean it's not like i haven't tried to advance this character's meta either. im the one who discovered extended dacg-cg, footstool cancel>smash, reverse ledge cancel, pioneered hidden loops and made a thread on all of the most advanced ways to loop including looping power shielded arrows, i created the stage analysis thread and all of the stage analysis discussions, i participated in MU discussions, i tested **** in tournament, i invented the 5 minute straight plank that doesn't exceed 50 edge grabs (i literally sat down and studied how to average less than 10 ledge grabs per minute), i revolutionized air camping with this character, and i did everything in my power to help those who asked me for help with this character (just ask delux, dabuz, and tech chase). i've made hours of videos and tutorials on nearly every single AT and option this character has all the way down to guarenteed dair on wario out of footstool and made and self tested an entire list of his true combos. i even made a thread pertaining to wat you said on studying high level pits in japan and europe and koolaid trying to help american pits get better.

but guess wat, almost all of it went to waste. the stage discussions quit getting posts, the loops were ignored, none of the other pits do the 5 minute plank which is dumb because on a lot of characters it's almost a guarenteed win, i see pits opt to fthrow>fsmash snake and settle for 30% when we get 41% off of dacg-cg and can air release him at the edge or dash attack true combo if near but not quite at the ledge, my tutorials that i put so much time into have hardly any views, and to top it all off i never got better as a player, i only got better at technical ****. however thanks to the hard core tutelage i've been getting from pj, asa akira (who live with us now), sync, and trela i've actually been able to start taking games off of them (except trela lol) and am starting to get better at things besides planking and running, im actually learning how to pick smart options and such. so **** it, if im the only pit who is going to try and use literally all of his tools and if mercy be willing i actually get smart enough at this game to start advancing to an actual placment in bracket, then **** it i just might be that tryhard.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
my boy ED! nobody out trash talks me and ED dudes.

ed come to ASCENSION next month! and bring fl with you. i wanna team with you so we can trash talk people while we play doubles! after all we don't tolerate pu__y sh-t around do we?

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Dude, that would be legendary!!!! Zelda + Pit + Trash Talk + Really Dumb Stuff we'd say = Absolute Victory no matter the outcome!

Why TX so far away? Plus I'll be working for Busch Gardens scaring the ******* **** out of people. It's gonna be too good!!!

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Yup, working at subway making deliciousness and then scaring the life outta people for howloscream! So good.

Ok, does anyone think Sheik is underrated? I kinda do but that could easily be mistaken for character bias.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
shiek is as good as peach is imo except she has an even harder time killing :/ if shiek had reliable (i know full well wat tipper usmash can do but lets be honest shiek's, that part of that move requires either a guarentee or a hard *** read) ways to kill people before 160% (and with good DI that is still being generous) she would be up there with zss and pit and tl and lucario. but yes she is severely under rated. a character with that good of a edge guarding game and has reliable true combos even at very high percents does not belong with trash like dk and sonic and kirby, let alone below them. hell she is under rated in several MUs as well but that's not wat we're talking about.

i mean **** shes fast on her feet, has a frame 2 jab, her ftilt is among the best ftilt's in the game, her edge guarding game is simply amazing, she has a projectile (which i think sheiks forget they have after they charge it because i see sheik approach in mus where if the shiek really wanted to they could force an approach but yall just don't camp ever), chain and all of it's gimmicks and tricks (that jacket tech is literally broken), actually all of her tilts range from decent to awesome, her grab range is god, her dacus range is god, she has overall solid aerials (unfortunately they nerfed her uair since melee and her dair is garbage, but fair and bair pick that slack up solidly), and she can turn into zelda for raw kill power (idc wat anyone says, zelda is so under rated it's not even funny). overall the only problem is that her fsmash and dsmash are like the absolute epitemy of bad. they do ****ty damage and do not have the knock back that smash attacks should have. hell they aren't even fast, actually they are slow and laggy :(

tbh my ideal tier list would look like this

S

:metaknight:
:popo:
:diddy:
:falco:

A

:snake:
:olimar:
:pikachu2:
:wario:
:marth:

B

:lucario:
:zerosuitsamus:
:gw:
:toonlink:
:pit:
:fox:
:wolf:

C
(the real border line character lmao)
:dedede:

D

:rob:
:peach:
:sheik:
:luigi2:
:kirby2:
:sonic:
:ike: :dk2: (i just couldn't decide who was worse)
:ness2:

E

:pt:
:zelda:
:lucas:
:yoshi2:

F

:mario2:

the rest except ganon. he get this spot

Massochistic Tier

:ganondorf:

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Pit's entire defensive engine is a collection of moves with frame data and attributes that range between over-average and among the best in the game.
Like even without looking at frame data, outside of jab, utilt and froll you should be able to tell this isn't right.

his spotdodge is tied with the best ones in the game too.
Like this just genuinely tells me you dont play the game enough, or vs pit at all. but regardless that doesnt change the argument

He has a fairly fast OoS jump and his shield can tolerate a surprising number of hits.
More important than the jump squat speed is the options from it. Either way, it's frame 6, and there are plenty of solid chars with frame 5.

Pit is virtually immune to all kinds of traps - the benefitial frame data within his defensive movess makes it harder for opponents to frame trap him than almost all other characters [especially since Pit doesn't suffer from poor fall speed like Lucario or Olimar do], his 5 jumps, fast glide and solid dair are among the strongest equipments in the game to defend againsts juggle
Gliding unless you are up high does not magically evade juggles, and commits you to and option.

Depending on the MU, I can see what you're talking about. In the case of dealing with other top tier character, they generally have better or more rewarding defensive options all around.

I.E. pit might be harder to juggle than snake, and his shield may be better, but snakes reward out of reads or small mistakes from those positions tend to make him better across the board imo, because you are still in a bad position where you are likely to get hit.

Couple that with what can be argued to be the best - in any case the most versatile - projectile in the game
That's not true at all.

Like outside of bananas, monique, or nades, falcos laser is still overall a more solid projectile due the fact that it actively can trap opponents defensively and offensively and gives frame advantage if done properly.

make his defenses still better than most of the cast. Even if it seems like I had inaccurate data the point remains *shrug*

plz look at other top tier defense options

mk diddy olimar falco off the top of my head are all more actively gay
and ics/snake just get enough reward out of their defense that they are up there

Summary: It is really easy to make the evidence suit your argument instead of basing your argument on the evidence.
this

Why is j@p censored so dumb
i thought it was weird to

Much of the trouble revolves around the fact that Pit and Lucario can threaten a Meta Knight who is in neutral position (obviously not in a big way, but, enough to care to shield sometimes), which means that Meta Knight isn't in as much control of the space he occupies while he's on the ground. As a result, optimal spacing range is more difficult for Meta Knight to keep against these characters than against Wario. Again, all the mobility in the world doesn't make much difference if you can't immediately threaten him with it.
reflex said:
what stops you from grabbing the ledge until Wario has a full Waft? Full Waft isn't fast enough to work nearly as well against Meta Knight's quick options.
This is true, but to be fair. there's 2 things preventing this

1. fear of invincible fart
2. lgl

neither are particularly end alls to the situation, mk can still avoid fart well. But he wants to keep grabbing that ledge to plank perfectly it's gonna eat ledge grabs quick.... if he's trying to save LGs so he doesn't go over, he's putting himself at risk. Most of mks options to avoid grabbing the ledge, but implying planking, such as glide and airdodging on stage can be farted, and since you are closer to the blast zone if you weren't in kill % yet, you definitely are now.

reflex said:
As I said, Waft is only truly dangerous if you let it be; there's no reason to camp hardcore until it's full, where it isn't nearly as threatening. F-Smash requires you to be on the ground and close to Meta Knight, a situation that is incredibly uncommon because Meta Knight's ground/shorthop spacing game destroys a vast majority of Wario's attempts to get in.
MK beats out those options, but wario only needs a read to get in. To legit get fsmashes it will probably take a double read if the MK doesn't make a mistake, but lmao the risk reward for going for it is high enough that it's common to see wario's just go for it anyway. It's not That uncommon, because it happens commonly in almost all high level games between the two characters.

Reliability, and incredibly uncommon are different things. It's not something you can reliably fish for during a match, however it will happen through the course of the game if you let things take it's course.

Get Jnig in on this Wario v MK talk
Homie is still unkown, like I haven't seen him in a result since Apex. So goooood

SIf you're aware that you are bad then you already have the start of something
Not exactly
Otherwise you would be M2K
the problem is people don't know WHY they are bad and then what to do about it

Olimar and Diddy should be about the same now.
This

I actually might post my more recent tier list that I've had in my head later

Ok, does anyone think Sheik is underrated? I kinda do but that could easily be mistaken for character bias.
The precision needed for the character in terms of spacing and movement, is so ridiculously hard.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Like even without looking at frame data, outside of jab, utilt and froll you should be able to tell this isn't right.

Spaced dtilt as well. One frame slower than jab.

Like this just genuinely tells me you dont play the game enough, or vs pit at all. but regardless that doesnt change the argument

More important than the jump squat speed is the options from it. Either way, it's frame 6, and there are plenty of solid chars with frame 5.

Gonna agree here. Pit doesn't have really strong options with jump oos as far as speed goes. Nair is bad vs almost every character with sdi. Still. The arc and dmg from his dair and the position it leaves opponents in is amazing. Fair is decent for punishing FH aerials and retreating aerials but not much else in terms of abusing decent pokes.

Gliding unless you are up high does not magically evade juggles, and commits you to and option.

Pit is one of the hardest characters to juggle. He has the most options and they are all very strong. Gliding is simply one of the options. And pit's glide attack trades with like so many moves the range is amazing. Doesn't add to the argument. Just stating it.

Depending on the MU, I can see what you're talking about. In the case of dealing with other top tier character, they generally have better or more rewarding defensive options all around.
More rewarding yea but other than falco pit has the most mix-up with his defensive game and that honestly really benefits along with a top-tier walking speed and decent dashing speed.
I.E. pit might be harder to juggle than snake, and his shield may be better, but snakes reward out of reads or small mistakes from those positions tend to make him better across the board imo, because you are still in a bad position where you are likely to get hit.

Gonna have to disagree here. Pit in the hands of a strong player is one of the best characters at initiating juggling situations and resetting them. That in itself is a great reward for punishes. Almost all of pits moves put opponents in perfect position for follow-ups.

That's not true at all.

Like outside of bananas, monique, or nades, falcos laser is still overall a more solid projectile due the fact that it actively can trap opponents defensively and offensively and gives frame advantage if done properly.

I would put pits arrows right up there with those 4. Imo all clearly the best projectiles and couldn't honestly make a definitive non-arguable list. Pits arrows provide amazing chip dmg(better than falcos lasers in usage but not as much so in option restriction) and also very decent pressure in the air against the opponent. Provides a strong option out of dash. Like b-reverse arrow/b-reverse angel ring alone cover sooooo many options.

plz look at other top tier defense options

mk diddy olimar falco off the top of my head are all more actively gay
and ics/snake just get enough reward out of their defense that they are up there

agreed. Less reward more mix-up potential though.

this

i thought it was weird to

This is true, but to be fair. there's 2 things preventing this

1. fear of invincible fart
2. lgl

neither are particularly end alls to the situation, mk can still avoid fart well. But he wants to keep grabbing that ledge to plank perfectly it's gonna eat ledge grabs quick.... if he's trying to save LGs so he doesn't go over, he's putting himself at risk. Most of mks options to avoid grabbing the ledge, but implying planking, such as glide and airdodging on stage can be farted, and since you are closer to the blast zone if you weren't in kill % yet, you definitely are now.

MK beats out those options, but wario only needs a read to get in. To legit get fsmashes it will probably take a double read if the MK doesn't make a mistake, but lmao the risk reward for going for it is high enough that it's common to see wario's just go for it anyway. It's not That uncommon, because it happens commonly in almost all high level games between the two characters.

Reliability, and incredibly uncommon are different things. It's not something you can reliably fish for during a match, however it will happen through the course of the game if you let things take it's course.

Then apparently there are absolutely NO good metaknights among the top placers, except Maybe like anti but we will never know because doesn't enter more than 1 tournament per year.

If uair can hit you, and you decide to glide btw, you are definitely getting uaired or potentially farted. I literally already have to be in a situation you can't hit me from to start gliding safely. I don't know why people magically think gliding in front or above people is safe, it's a committed option with startup lag.

Uthrow does 10% and give's you potential for juggling as well.
I'm sure you know that but like lmao, it's something that people should do more, especially considering the fact that keeping fthrow fresh to kill at 150% near the ledge is a super useful tool.

If anything you should be complaining about down B not glide, glide is easier to punish than dair if in range, and costs me 2 jumps >_>.

Like most of these averages of MK having 8 right moves and 2 wrong ones and taking 50% on average getting in is like, extremely random and probably mostly salt. The message is correct to a sense, but the exaggeration of it is beyond ridiculous.

If MK has to remain unpredictable in order to not get ****ed up, then I'm not going to think it's as bad as you are trying to say it is. MK, and many other top tiers in +2 MUs CAN be relatively predictable, but the tools they have are so good that they shut the character out regardless.

I.E.

Metaknight vs DDD
or
ICs vs Falco

Most of the time, MK and ICs are incredibly predictable, like you already know what their going to do. It's just the fact that the characters tools make it incredibly difficult to do so. If Wario reads me, I'm going to take damage. DDD... not necessarily >_>

Homie is still unkown, like I haven't seen him in a result since Apex. So goooood

Not exactly
Otherwise you would be M2K
the problem is people don't know WHY they are bad and then what to do about it

This

I actually might post my more recent tier list that I've had in my head later

The precision needed for the character in terms of spacing and movement, is so ridiculously hard.
thoughts in red.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
"Gonna have to disagree here. Pit in the hands of a strong player is one of the best characters at initiating juggling situations and resetting them. That in itself is a great reward for punishes. Almost all of pits moves put opponents in perfect position for follow-ups."

Actually going to give you this, because what I posted was not exactly sound and you are correct. I didn't really express what I wanted to say accurately.

"I would put pits arrows right up there with those 4. Imo all clearly the best projectiles and couldn't honestly make a definitive non-arguable list. Pits arrows provide amazing chip dmg(better than falcos lasers in usage but not as much so in option restriction) and also very decent pressure in the air against the opponent. Provides a strong option out of dash. Like b-reverse arrow/b-reverse angel ring alone cover sooooo many options."

This I disagree with

Arrows essentially... do nothing except deal damage. Which is good. But in comparison to projectiles that setup into anything ranging from traps, to grabs, and many times kills, it doesn't seem right to put arrows in the same range. Arrows are extremely versatile and safe, but relatively, if used correctly the others are as well. Arguing for them to have the most consistent damage would be plausible, however damage is only relative to the character, and considering the fact that scoring kills is... huge setups are important.

If diddy couldnt kill you from bananas for example, he would be awful.

edit:
grim exactly has my thoughts

Orion*

Smash Researcher
edit: sorry for double post

My current tier list

orders within tiers do not matter, but are organized to fit my current feelings. as I change them relatively often although if anyone asks I can say who I think is more versatile in a tournament setting atm.

assuming conservative stage list, i.e. no sharking stages

S: MK, ICs
A: Olimar, Diddy, Marth, Snake
B: Falco, Wario, Pika

mid

C: Fox, Wolf, Lucario, ZSS, DDD, Pit, TL
D: Sheik, GaW, Kirby, Peach, Rob
E: Sonic, DK, Ike

Low

F: PT, Lucas, Yoshi, Ness
G: Everyone else
Z: ganon

edit:

I do feel my bias for marth puts him above snake, and arguably there are very good reasons to put snake above him. I think marth does better vs MK than snake, and Snake does better vs ICs. Marth does better vs Olimar, and they both go even with diddy imo

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
"Gonna have to disagree here. Pit in the hands of a strong player is one of the best characters at initiating juggling situations and resetting them. That in itself is a great reward for punishes. Almost all of pits moves put opponents in perfect position for follow-ups."

Actually going to give you this, because what I posted was not exactly sound and you are correct. I didn't really express what I wanted to say accurately.

"I would put pits arrows right up there with those 4. Imo all clearly the best projectiles and couldn't honestly make a definitive non-arguable list. Pits arrows provide amazing chip dmg(better than falcos lasers in usage but not as much so in option restriction) and also very decent pressure in the air against the opponent. Provides a strong option out of dash. Like b-reverse arrow/b-reverse angel ring alone cover sooooo many options."

This I disagree with

Arrows essentially... do nothing except deal damage. Which is good. But in comparison to projectiles that setup into anything ranging from traps, to grabs, and many times kills, it doesn't seem right to put arrows in the same range. Arrows are extremely versatile and safe, but relatively, if used correctly the others are as well. Arguing for them to have the most consistent damage would be plausible, however damage is only relative to the character, and considering the fact that scoring kills is... huge setups are important.

If diddy couldnt kill you from bananas for example, he would be awful.

edit:
grim exactly has my thoughts
Actually arrows lead into moves. Grounded kill moves at close range. And aerial arrows can be followed up with an aerial. IE up arrow can be followed with a bair or if in poor positioning can be followed up with an upair.

Also simple arrow snipes after a high knockback move finishes ppl off earlier than they would of died. And that is a consistent thing to take note of. It is not based on luck. If you have a strong degree of arrow accuracy.

I do consent that both falcos lasers and diddys nannas are a MUCH better setup tool in terms of traps cuz pits arrows can't exactly...trap(unless they AD an up shot or roll into you/ SH AD into you in which case u can follow up w/the above). But it does have follow-ups and can assist in netting the kill. But i feel the dmg output combined with pits fast kill moves and ability to set up aerial situations(easiest situation to get a kill off in the game for most characters not named ness or ice climbers) with bair puts it up there. ALong with the offstage presence and reasons above.

Actually with glide shifting gliding is an amazing mix up tool. Glide shifting when done in the appropriate manner can make pit fall down and backwards about diddy fair length without adding time to the actual animation. This lets u sneak right under ppl or to the ledge very easy at times.

Thus, a decent mix-up.

The more options your opponent has to realize aren't trash the better off u are.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I can't speak for other characters, but if I were attempting to juggle Pit (which I wouldn't, due to the threat of fast-fall dair) my uair would cover both a glide and a glideshift (dumb name).

Actually, I can say the same thing for my secondaries (G&W's nair and ROB's utilt).

Gliding just isn't good in that situation xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom