• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Her aerial speed is quite good actually.

I do know what you mean though.
Her airspeed is nullified by her having arguable the worst air game of the entire roster and her wanting to stay on the ground as much as she can.

Overall I'd say she's the 3rd slowest character, right above Ganondorf and Dedede.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
If he really did have the very worst air game he wouldn't be top tier no matter how broken his ground game is. Which is isn't, at all, once you learn how to handle grenades and avoid ftilt.

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
I really don't think snake aerials are bad... the "lag" on Bair and Uair still hits and can kill... he may be a log in the air(talking about movility) but that's it...

-LzR-

Smash Hero
His aerials are really impractical overall. Nair and dair can be SDI'd, uair only has a vertical hitbox, fair sucks and bair is really really predictable and laggy, but it's by far his best.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Snake though.
As far as speed or having the worst air game?

Snakes is really bad, but considering pretty much all of his aerials are kill moves I think that redeems it a little bit.
Zelda's air game just ends up being mediocre and thats only when it's on big characters.
Her air game is almost useless against small fast characters.
Both have a really bad air game though.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Zelda has bair/fair, he air game is fine lol. Its not good by any means, but she at least can **** your face in the air with a lightning kick.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Zelda has bair/fair, he air game is fine lol. Its not good by any means, but she at least can **** your face in the air with a lightning kick.
Dat theorycrafting.

Lightning kicks are pretty much useless against Squirtle, Kirby, MK, Olimar, TL, Pikachu, etc.
The usefulness of LKs is match up dependent, and it ranges to being not very good, to somewhat useful.

Also F air isn't a very good move.
In almost any given situation it's better to use B air.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
His aerials are really impractical overall. Nair and dair can be SDI'd, uair only has a vertical hitbox, fair sucks and bair is really really predictable and laggy, but it's by far his best.
I refuse to listen to someone who thinks Zelda's Nair can be SDI'd sorry.

:phone:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
If someone positions themselves to get Fair'd or Bair'd when :zelda: is above them then you just fail at brawl. Go for under, not to the sides.

:018:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
He's talkin bout Snake
Oh.

Okay I suck at reading.

My apologies. <3

Edit: It's almost as if the Zelda players these guys are playing just chuck out random fairs and bairs for the to be powershielded.

Best used for punishing OoS imo.

zmx

Smash Lord
If someone was Godly enough to perfectly position and time for LKs Zelda would be a whole different story. Her air game is not completely terrible though. She has one of the strongest, if not the strongest uair in the game. Nair is also decent and can interrupt a lot of stuff.

Can her fmash/usmash be SDIed out of? I think I got out of her usmash once but can't remember how.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
If someone was Godly enough to perfectly position and time for LKs Zelda would be a whole different story.
This logic can be applied to any character in the game :/.
Ie: If someone was Godly enough to perfectly read the tech chase from every flame choke Ganondorf does Ganondorf would be a whole different story.

or

If someone was Godly enough to perfectly read their opponents openings and punish with rest every chance they got Jigglypuff would be a whole different story.

Can her fmash/usmash be SDIed out of? I think I got out of her usmash once but can't remember how.
F smash yes.
Up Smash is character dependent.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
If someone was Godly enough to perfectly position and time for LKs Zelda would be a whole different story. Her air game is not completely terrible though. She has one of the strongest, if not the strongest uair in the game. Nair is also decent and can interrupt a lot of stuff.

nair to upsmash is a true combo on a few characters since nair can't be SDI'd. lawl

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I think Zelda has the best uair knockback wise. It's also disjointed which is good.

I think Olimar's uair does more damage though with most Pikmin.

zmx

Smash Lord
How do you SDI her Fsmash?

And fair point but remember that this changes Zelda much more than say Ganon getting a few more tech chases in. Top Ganon players already get a lot of them in. But no one relies on from what I've seen, Zelda's LKs for damage or killing.

I'm certainly a firm believer in player skill and MU knowledge being >>>Tiers.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Ivysaur might have a more knockback heavy Uair than Zelda, but it's hard to say either way.

They both hit like a truck regardless.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I like how you left out the part about random trajectory.

Edit: Like Cour said SDI upward with both Sticks.
Depends on your character though.
It is set knockback with a set trajectory. It ain't random.

Edit: Zelda's up air has the most knockback in the game.

IIRC it beats Ivy's significantly.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
You can do it on hits 1-4, it's easy to do and you can follow up pretty much every character in the game with something (not necessarily up smash).

Tbh, you should be more worried about them shielding Nair since its priority sucks and is so punishable. lawl

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I refuse to listen to someone who thinks Zelda's Nair can be SDI'd sorry.

Did you really think he thought Zelda was male?

How many people keep thinking everything is about Zelda? This is the 2nd time....

Edit doh I did not see the page after lol sorry :X

Fuujin

Smash Champion
You can do it on hits 1-4, it's easy to do and you can follow up pretty much every character in the game with something (not necessarily up smash).
So you mean there's a guaranteed way to make them pop up out of the first 4 hits?
It's always like playing rock, paper, scissors whenever I try to follow up from it.
How many people keep thinking everything is about Zelda? This is the 2nd time....

Edit doh I did not see the page after lol sorry :X
Becuz she's an awesum character

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Yeah, there's always 4 different set trajectories, the first two are the best since they keep them really close to Zelda, first hit is in alway what side they're on Zelda, so if you hit them from behind, the first hit will be behind, the second drags them in front, the third and forth hits follow the same pattern, but they're a tad more difficult to follow up on.

Edit: Actually take a look at Mechawaves bubble thread. The attack assuming you hit from in front. and you're falling, goes front, back, down, up. The attack basically moves the opponent to the next hitbubble.

Badly explained but w/e lawl

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
I think Zelda has the best uair knockback wise. It's also disjointed which is good.

I think Olimar's uair does more damage though with most Pikmin.
So is Ike's Uair the 2nd strongest knockback wise? I've once killed an MK with Ike's Uair at 70% LOL.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Zelda kinda just magically changed her appearance by swapping to a body of a deceased Sheikah or something, right?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
So is Ike's Uair the 2nd strongest knockback wise? I've once killed an MK with Ike's Uair at 70% LOL.
It would seem from the below link, that under certain circumstances, Lucario has the strongest uair. Otherwise, the most consistent "strongest" uair would appear to be Zelda's. (Strongest knockback rather than percent wise)

http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=119538&page=1

<3:zelda:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom