• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I know he beat Coney, GDX, and whoever else was in his pool. He got first seed.

Think he beat Chaz (? this was something i heard on livestream as a maybe) then lost to Razor and Smoom

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Oh yea Pikachu :D. Gonna have him explain to me how to win that. I hope he has videos.

Illmatic also impressed me. Homie put in some work that Peach needed, good job Illmatic.

I got 5th today at DNA in NE. Went last hit with my best friend :3.
Prime was dumb game 1

game 2 is what shoulda happened game 1

game 3 is pictochat

/primedidn'tdoitrightjohns

Also Will got gimped by the line on livestream, everyone was like he deserved it too

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
to what

yeah I love japans rules XD

Best lucario in maybe knowing the characters ins and outs? maybe

Lee Martin is definitely smarter than the rest though.

This

I think Japans olimars **** ours outside of RB though

:glare:

/has another chance next weekend

LOOOOL
I agree with most of this.

Lee Martin is definitely a smarter player, I mean the amount of characters he's able to pull out at a high level is incredible, and while I feel he really pulls out Lucario for mere novelty, it's still a really, really solid Lucario lol. The reason he loses so much that he shouldn't, as lucario, is merely because he doesn't invest in his game for a matter of development, just as an option, whereas he's a true MK main through and through (which is ultimately the smartest choice lol). I definitely think Junebug's the best though, although there's just a gap that he's shy of getting from becoming a contender in the "national theater" (although he's pulled off some great wins time and time again).

And yeah, most of the Japanese Olimars are insane, as are their snake players.

I think Rain is just slightly overrated though. Really inconsistent with how he performs, though ultimately has a really smart playstyle.

gheb, when you say things like 'japan is better than the US, this is fact' then yea... your going to have to preface that by saying its your opinion dude. if you need me too i will find the exact quote, its only 2 pages back.

and as far as your facts go, the best player of theirs that came over here, lost to a lucario that is MAYBE the 3rd best lucario in america. at this point, most people say trela and june are better than him, and zucco would be too if he hadnt quit smash for SF. so i can infer just as much as you can.

and all that really matters is that if they were really better than us, they would have won something when they were here. ps brood lost to dabuz, so saying at least that their olimars are leagues ahead is a big leap.

you cant say, japan > USA when the one time they came over here, they beat a lot of good people but didnt win. i mean... did you WATCH apex GFs? it was a fkng obliteration.
To be honest brood is only like their second or third best Olimar, it's impossible to tell anything based on who came here.
This will all be settled once and for all when SunRise happens...

Oh wait :p

Orion*

Smash Researcher
I agree with most of this.

Lee Martin is definitely a smarter player, I mean the amount of characters he's able to pull out at a high level is incredible, and while I feel he really pulls out Lucario for mere novelty, it's still a really, really solid Lucario lol. The reason he loses so much that he shouldn't, as lucario, is merely because he doesn't invest in his game for a matter of development, just as an option, whereas he's a true MK main through and through (which is ultimately the smartest choice lol). I definitely think Junebug's the best though, although there's just a gap that he's shy of getting from becoming a contender in the "national theater" (although he's pulled off some great wins time and time again).

And yeah, most of the Japanese Olimars are insane, as are their snake players.

I think Rain is just slightly overrated though. Really inconsistent with how he performs, though ultimately has a really smart playstyle.

This will all be settled once and for all when SunRise happens...

Oh wait :p
I honestly haven't checked out their snakes. Any good matches you would link me to ? :reverse:

Malcolm.O

Smash Cadet
zelda with her match ups could actually be where yoshi is right now, just saying. link could be a bit higher also
The only link that could possibly move higher is toon link.

Regular link is just straight up trash.

I really like the way Japans Snakes Play

But nothing impresses me more then how consistent all there Ic Players are, at most they drop 2 grabs a set, pretty crazy.

etecoon

Smash Hero
japans snakes are amazing but I don't see how those are supposed to change anyones view of matchups, in both examples the DDD/olimar are getting horrendously outplayed. an olimar losing to snake should honestly feel pretty bad about themselves.

Malcolm.O

Smash Cadet
japans snakes are amazing but I don't see how those are supposed to change anyones view of matchups, in both examples the DDD/olimar are getting horrendously outplayed. an olimar losing to snake should honestly feel pretty bad about themselves.
Maybe the Snake is just that good Or possibly knows the MU that well

Seeing how brood is the same guy who Beat Ally (2 stocking him back to back)

etecoon

Smash Hero
shu is amazing, I said that lol. I still watch that and see the first stock having basically 2 key moments between brood ****** him and losing, first when he decides it would be a great idea to fight snake at point blank rather than running away, and second when he trips.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
i do think snake vs ddd is pretty even

but LOL brood got outplayed pretty bad XD

I do remember rain telling everyone he thought japans snakes where better after seeing ally play brood. But then again rain got ***** by ally so he may have been a bit salty :awesome:

9Bs playstyle is so optimal with every character >_>

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Also, I'd like to add that 9B wasn't being "horrendously outplayed" at all. He was simply walled off by Snake using grenades effectively. If DDD's mobility isn't enough to get through on BF, how is he supposed to do it on any other neutral? As long as DDD doesn't establish a SOLID lead he does not win the match-up period. And if Snake avoids the CG DDD also loses the majority of his legit kill set-ups.

:059:

etecoon

Smash Hero
Also, I'd like to add that 9B wasn't being "horrendously outplayed" at all. He was simply walled off by Snake using grenades effectively. If DDD's mobility isn't enough to get through on BF, how is he supposed to do it on any other neutral? As long as DDD doesn't establish a SOLID lead he does not win the match-up period. And if Snake avoids the CG DDD also loses the majority of his legit kill set-ups.
BF actually closes off a lot of his movement, but it's a double edged blade because if you go somewhere more open like FD it gives snake an assload of space to camp. I do think DDD vs snake is a close to even MU, the comment was mostly directed at olimar

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party

etecoon

Smash Hero
it's more that shu is too good, watched the first vid and he basically just hard reads him to death at the beginning of the game and it still winds up being close somehow -_- I'm more curious to see other snake players doing well vs top olimars, I've seen shu used as an example before but I've only seen him really

etecoon

Smash Hero
thanks, maybe not as good of a snake but I think it's a better example of the matchup itself. I can see it being close on FD but I still think olimar wins with american stage rules

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
This is one of the match-ups where the difference in metagame really shows. Olimar beats snake at midrange solidly and snake has no real threats for him at that range, while olimar has tons of threats in that range. Yet the olimar insisted on camping on the opposite side of the stage or at the very least outside of olimar's sweet spot.

Midrange he can pressure snake into mistakes, close range snake beats him, long range he can't really setup, all he can do is toss. But snake can actually setup threats.

But Japan's metagame of always being safe no matter what hinders olimar in this MU, the american mentality of "pressure your opponent into mistakes" serves olimar much better in this MU.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
If you get the cgs off and lose then you are outplayed. From what I understand Zeton has decent pikachu experience as well.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
if you play pikachu and lose to fox, you got MASSIVELY outplayed, but i hope we can all realise now that the matchup isnt impossible or autolose.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Does pikachu have a guaranteed CG-> death on fox? If not, I could see fox at least having a chance as long as pikachu tries to struggle for the kill.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Does pikachu have a guaranteed CG-> death on fox? If not, I could see fox at least having a chance as long as pikachu tries to struggle for the kill.
D-throw > footstool> one quick-attack to lock > one jab if not SDIed > anything.
If the QA is SDIed, you can just u-smash after the QA.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
its a cg to like 100 and than a guaranteed up smash that doesnt kill. if you get the grab at 0.

pikachu does have to try pretty hard to kill fox. and fox gets super easy kills on pika.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Thanks, NR! When I saw Kprime's match, it seemed he was either hesitant to pull it off, or confident enough to take the stock by traditional methods.

Chuee

Smash Hero
D-throw > footstool> one quick-attack to lock > one jab if not SDIed > anything.
If the QA is SDIed, you can just u-smash after the QA.
Yeah, I saw ESAM do that against Trump, though I'm not sure whether or not you can escape it.

i think he was saying outside of the chaingrab, he really didn't know how to fight fox.
It's not that hard..............
All you have to know how to do is how to grab him and how to kill him.
Though I'll admit Zeton got a few lucky moments in matches 1 & 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom