• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Who if you don't mind me asking? I just don't believe the MU is that bad because Wolf has plenty of options to keep away from getting locked.
He plays XDDD (Some Utah Wolf).

And I played P.Tutu before...I barely lost on Fd in the one match we played. I also beat Snakeee's Sheik recently a 2 stock. Wolf avoids the Ftilt lock so easily...He just stays grounded, shield's ftilt, Fairs out of shield punish and then destroy Sheik in the air. Once he is at 70 the lock doesn't even work anymore and then Sheik has the difficult process of being able to kill a character ranked top 10 in heavyness.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
95-5?

Come on, Ganon isn't that bad.
LOL ask the Ganon boards. Realistically its like 80-20

Who if you don't mind me asking? I just don't believe the MU is that bad because Wolf has plenty of options to keep away from getting locked.
I've played JJ in the past. XDDD and I play a lot.

He plays XDDD (Some Utah Wolf).

And I played P.Tutu before...I barely lost on Fd in the one match we played. I also beat Snakeee's Sheik recently a 2 stock. Wolf avoids the Ftilt lock so easily...He just stays grounded, shield's ftilt, Fairs out of shield punish and then destroy Sheik in the air. Once he is at 70 the lock doesn't even work anymore and then Sheik has the difficult process of being able to kill a character ranked top 10 in heavyness.
Snakeee's Sheik is pretty bad xD.

Fair OoS? On what move exactly? Lol Sheik doesn't have enough lag on the majority of her attacks for you to punish with that. Maybe jab or dsmash.

You can't avoid ftilt by staying grounded lol. I'll just grab you, throw, and give chase.

You make it sound like Sheik isn't fast and ftilt isn't fast lol.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
LOL ask the Ganon boards. Realistically its like 80-20

I've played JJ in the past. XDDD and I play a lot.

Snakeee's Sheik is pretty bad xD.

Fair OoS? On what move exactly? Lol Sheik doesn't have enough lag on the majority of her attacks for you to punish with that. Maybe jab or dsmash.

You can't avoid ftilt by staying grounded lol. I'll just grab you, throw, and give chase.

You make it sound like Sheik isn't fast and ftilt isn't fast lol.
If you grab me then Sheik can't guaranteed an Ftilt lock from that. Lolwut. And Full short hop ac fair retreated out of shield. <Oh yes, what a long name.

Wolf can also roll against an Ftilt on shield or just jump regularly after the first one ends. Not hard.

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
You can avoid ftilt by staying ground. Given that we actually let you hit our shield with it, the grab is what we want. Take percent that's going to let us get out of lock range or get 0-death'd? Hmmmmm.

Seagull beat me to it. >.>

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
You should play Judo some time then, Lumi. I think Wolf loses this matchup solidly, IMO. I've only played Auspher a few times, but I rarely went Sheik when I did so. And rarely see Wolf's as is so really I'm learning the matchup but I can't see Wolf keeping her out with the tools she has.

This is a MU I think is Sheik's to lose. (like if you're trying to camp Wolf)

-Mars-

Smash Hero
If you grab me then Sheik can't guaranteed an Ftilt lock from that. Lolwut. And Full short hop ac fair retreated out of shield. <Oh yes, what a long name.

Wolf can also roll against an Ftilt on shield or just jump regularly after the first one ends. Not hard.
Half of Sheiks moveset leads into ftilt at 20-50% range. Fair, nair, bair, utilt, dtilt, even jab......so unless you're expecting to never get hit by Sheik the whole match when you're at those percents....then you can't realistically avoid ftilt that easy.

Especially when factoring in Sheiks ground speed and how quickly she can get in on characters.

D

Deleted member

You should play Judo some time then, Lumi. I think Wolf loses this matchup solidly, IMO. I've only played Auspher a few times, but I rarely went Sheik when I did so. And rarely see Wolf's as is so really I'm learning the matchup but I can't see Wolf keeping her out with the tools she has.

This is a MU I think is Sheik's to lose. (like if you're trying to camp Wolf)
The few times I did play your Sheik with Wolf, I don't recall losing. :awesome:

You were still learning Sheik back then, though, so yeah...Also, if Wolf shield's f-tilt, I think he can fair OoS as a punish? I've only read this, so I'm not sure.

But yeah, f-tilt is the only issue in this MU. What else is Sheik gonna do that's problematic for Wolf?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
lololololol sigging this.
Do you know what I even mean by that? If Wolf is at 70 and the Ftilt hasn't staled by then the lock doesn't work.

Don't take my post previously as to thinking the lock ends at 70 while I'm in it because that isn't what I said or meant at all.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
The few times I did play your Sheik with Wolf, I don't recall losing. :awesome:

You were still learning Sheik back then, though, so yeah...Also, if Wolf shield's f-tilt, I think he can fair OoS as a punish? I've only read this, so I'm not sure.

But yeah, f-tilt is the only issue in this MU. What else is Sheik gonna do that's problematic for Wolf?
Basic Sheik stuff. Messing with peoples usual spacing games, being disruptive, winning confrontations due to sheer frame data, harassing Wolf offstage....etc.

LOL @ Spelt.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Don't see what's so funny about it. 70% isn't much for Wolf and Sheik is a victim to Wolf after her tilt lock anyway.
Yeah ... 70% isn't much for jigglypuff either.
She still needs like ... 30-40% before you can reliably kill her!!

Do you know what I even mean by that? If Wolf is at 70 and the Ftilt hasn't staled by then the lock doesn't work.

Don't take my post previously as to thinking the lock ends at 70 while I'm in it because that isn't what I said or meant at all.
I know what you meant. It's still funny, because you act like 70% from camping in shield isn't a big deal.
especially when the lock only takes you to 30% more than that.
70% is a huge loss, don't try to act like it isn't.
even snake will be hurting after 70%.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
i knew the wolf mains would jump on mars' tier list xD

i dont think its 65:35
60:40 sure, even if thats being picky

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
I know what you meant. It's still funny, because you act like 70% from camping in shield isn't a big deal.
Getting 70% and losing a stock is a HUGE deal. Once Sheik gets you to 100%+, she kills you with an up-smash. You don't get released from it at 100, you die. >.>

Also you don't camp in shield. You only shield when she gets in close. She's going to be taking percent as we get racked up to 70%. So if we're at 70 and she's at 50, we're in a much better position considering we're still gonna live for another 80-90%.

Steam

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure all wolf mains namesearch wolf to search for people who think he's bad.

also spelt should stop posting IMO.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
uhh, she's sheik? She's not going to be standing at the other side of the stage while you shoot your slow *** laser.

also spelt should stop posting IMO.
So should you, IMO.
or go back to johning about your character and then quitting brawl every other week, since it's what you do best.

And Wolf needs another 100% until Sheik can.
You missed the part where 170% is much better than 100%

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Yeah ... 70% isn't much for jigglypuff either.
She still needs like ... 30-40% before you can reliably kill her!!

You make it sound like all I will do is camp and let her tack on damage to me while I do nothing :c.

Steam

Smash Hero
So should you, IMO.
or go back to johning about your character and then quitting brawl every other week, since it's what you do best.
the salt. I found it.

but srsly, you shouldn't post like you know anything about the game when you really don't play the game at all.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
its not slow, its velocity is just questionable =x

i dont think sheiks speed really makes up for her below average moveset, other than the tilt lock i dont see her terrorizing wolf all that much unless they're both offstage and sheik has a booty recovery too

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
You make it sound like all I will do is camp and let her tack on damage to me while I do nothing :c.
Sure ... let's go with that.

the salt. I found it.

but srsly, you shouldn't post like you know anything about the game when you really don't play the game at all.
It's funny because not even the lucario boards think you know what you're talking about the majority of the time.
The last tournament i attended was the one you did as well. and splat doesn't count since there was only like 3 notable people there.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Everyone please stop quoting gheb's posts so I don't have to see them, they irk me xD

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Sheik has a below-average moveset...?

I always thought her problem was that she didn't have anything blatantly overpowered and game-changing, but that she's always been an excellent character otherwise.

-Mars-

Smash Hero

I always thought her problem was that she didn't have anything blatantly overpowered and game-changing, but that she's always been an excellent character otherwise.
Her moveset is pretty solid.

Her big weakness imo is her survivability. having light weight + a mediocre recovery is not a good combination.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
when playing against wolf who has better zoning and spacing tools whats she supposed to do bar shield and ftilt?
her dtilt sucks, utilt wont really help outside of leading into ftilt but we're barring that.
in the air wolfs fair/bair will go through anything she does, her fair has a horrible hit box and while her bair has a decent hitbox wolfs is better.

i have problems thinking sheik can even juggle wolf cause her uair isnt that great either, and Dair is lulzy
needles only work randomly thanks to wolfs reflector

outside of ftilt sheik doesnt have a whole lot on any of the spacies really

edit: reflex and mars are more correct :p

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I didn't know a frame 2 jab, fastest overall grabs in startup (plus great followup potential), a tilt lock that does at bare MINIMUM 30% on each character per string w/ that move alone (except a few lol) and w/ good anti-air capability, and overall insane startup time on moveset (only MK's moveset is faster pretty much), fastest smash attack, constituted for a below average moveset :\

I think the only thing glaringly missing is range, which mobility helps w/

Wolf can do some stuff to get away from tilt lock prob. better than Fox can, but I think once you got that lock on, you're toast :p It doesn't help that it's also pretty safe on block if spaced, makes for a high reward poke

I think the trick to Wolf winning is if Sheik tries to contest him in the air too much, seeing as his aerial mobility is much better/tools/range wise. Sheik is gonna be grounded to utilize shield + tilts, only getting up in the air for juggle/edgeguard stuff.

Wolf's recovery isn't too bad, but Sheik's edgeguarding ability is pretty strong. This in turn is offset by her poor recovery in return :\

What Mars said is right, Sheik has a high reward ability, but it's very dependent, and unlike fox doesn't have as much of a solid anything (kill move that kills well in ANY scenario, super solid camp game to keep away from the ****) to compensate for her bad KBR/fallspeed/recovery weaknesses.

Imo she's glass cannon material.

Steam

Smash Hero
It's funny because not even the lucario boards think you know what you're talking about the majority of the time.
The last tournament i attended was the one you did as well. and splat doesn't count since there was only like 3 notable people there.
If you think flamewaveK is the lucario boards then okay. I'm not even giving an opinion on anything ATM lol.

and yeah, you went there and didn't even enter singles and took 2nd to last in doubles. only finishing better than a team of casuals... good ****.

ad hominem won't help you lol

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
i can't even keep up with this thread on the ps3 xD imma just go and see if i can't get my poor dead wii replaced =/

have fun discussing your tires and how they don exit

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Steam and spelt should stop dramaing and be bros again. :3

Oh also im a yoshi player waiting for the MU charts, so that I may ***** in the thread. Don't mind me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom