• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

tibs7

Smash Champion
Yes.
So why would a character with ~5 hard to almost unwinnable match-ups, one of them being the most common tournament character, be the second best?

He has no good answer to planking. If a ledgegrab ruling is applied, then yes, I would agree with him being second-best. But without, he isn't.
falco has NO unwinnable MU's, some MU's just heavily revolve around having the lead.

And its not just falco that has trouble with a planking character. Diddy definately does, snake also does but not as bad.

CP **** is the really the only explanation. But in saying this, diddy gets cp ***** possibly worse than falco depending on what stages are made legal.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Any other BBR members want to reply to what is the most commonly pointed out issue with the tier list?
I also don't believe Fox deserves a rise. I mean, even TKD, the guy the synopsis was based around, goes MK against his harder MUs! But of course, some people have glasses so thick all they can see is their reflection.
Derp.

Hope my answer was what you wanted to hear. I think it was made before DMG's edited post regarding him telling people in the BBR that TKD uses MK as well.

fUddO

Smash Ace
It's one thing to look, it's another to experience... There's also the fact that they only play in 5 stages, and they're ones with no stage hazards or abnormal terrain at all, which makes ledge play and camping the best tactics. Pit happens to have both of them, so it's only natural that he does that well out there but not as well in our tier list. His "potential" is held back by the rules used outside of Japan, and so we can't use Japan's Pit representation as an example of why he has to go up.

Iunno man, but ugly for me = sexy. What do you say to THAT?
Well, Pit is by no means bad on crazy stages. Multiple jumps really help on those more unorthodox stages.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Derp.

Hope my answer was what you wanted to hear. I think it was mae before DMG's edited post regarding him telling people in the BBR that TKD uses MK as well.
I forgot to add that one. I was mainly talking about the people silly enough to put Fox that high up. Come on, tell us the logic in putting Fox that high. You're contradicting yourselves, so fix it (you as in those who put Fox that high).

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I don't even thing you guys should call this a tier list. I think you should call it the BBr's popularity contest. If it's just based on a vote. Yawn whatever. I don't really care anymore you guys are nuts.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Wario went up though.

And, technically, Zelda went up to. If you include "/Sheik" in that equation.

shikashake2

Smash Cadet
I don't even thing you guys should call this a tier list. I think you should call it the BBr's popularity contest. If it's just based on a vote. Yawn whatever. I don't really care anymore you guys are nuts.
Voting based on how good they think each character is.

on a side note, I can now use Bowser in low tier tournaments, which is good news.

Interesting to see how Fox, Pit, Ike and Sonic have moved.

Browny

Smash Hater
The main difference is TKD beat top players from the WC, while Reflex beats...Alabama/Georgia players. Even without regional bias, you can tell that GA/AL isn't as good as California. Tyrant gets top 10 at MLG consistently, beating top players from everywhere. Reflex hasn't gotten top 16 once. Beating a top player such as Tyrant is much different than beating Big Lou.
And X did that same feat with sonic... multiple times, without the horrid CP matchups that fox has yet is an entire tier below him :/
QFE coz im an attention wh0re

also lol @ inui logic as a justification for fox being high rofl. Even if that logic worked it still would render Sonic higher on the list than fox all things considered.

Vlade

Social Outcast
falco has NO unwinnable MU's, some MU's just heavily revolve around having the lead.

And its not just falco that has trouble with a planking character. Diddy definately does, snake also does but not as bad.

CP **** is the really the only explanation. But in saying this, diddy gets cp ***** possibly worse than falco depending on what stages are made legal.
This. Falco does have trouble against ledgegrabbers but it's pretty much the same case for diddy kong. Falco could be 3rd but I still don't think he can surpass snake just yet.

Any reasons about Falco being weak to planking are pretty much invalid because diddy suffers as well. Falco's main problems are killing and being juggled. Diddy can deal with these well which is why he would be 3rd over Falco. Diddy's overreliance on bananas dictates the flow of the match which is why Falco could be 3rd over Diddy.

It's very arguable :S

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Voting based on how good they think each character is.

on a side note, I can now use Bowser in low tier tournaments, which is good news.

Interesting to see how Fox, Pit, Ike and Sonic have moved.
How good they think a character is based on what? tourney results? MU's? that magical potential ? It's way too subjective. I understand no 1 is going to agree with a tier list no matter what however, the way they go about it is way too random.

Vlade

Social Outcast
diddy does much better against planking than falco.
I have to disagree. Both characters have very gimpable vertical recoveries, despite Diddy's covering more distance and being faster.

Both characters are going to have to put a lot of risk on the table to deal with planking

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
yeah but his recovery IS better.
and he can also throw bananas/peanuts in angles that falco would only dream about lasering in.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
How good they think a character is based on what? tourney results? MU's? that magical potential ? It's way too subjective. I understand no 1 is going to agree with a tier list no matter what however, the way they go about it is way too random.
That depends, last list a bunch of EC players, and one pit main, voted Pit much higher than other characters which caused him to sky rocket on the last list which people hated.

Unlike Pit, Fox has some evidence, key word some. 5+ bump is a tad bit high, but I think a raise for him isn't as stupid as some people are saying. This defiantly feels like Pit hype but this time I think there is some merit.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Earlier on, diddy was 2nd best, snake was 3rd, etc..

I voted diddy as 2nd. Those 3 characters are really close and people shouldn't be getting their knickers in a bunch over what could almost be considered a three-way tie.

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
C tier looks like it could be arranged in any order in my opinion. C tier::toonlink::peach::fox::kirby2::rob::pit::donkeykong: This is just my opinion tho no biasssssss

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Diddy handles planking better than Falco

Good Game Gentlemen

moomoomamoo

Smash Apprentice
yeah but his recovery IS better.
and he can also throw bananas/peanuts in angles that falco would only dream about lasering in.
This ^

Both falco and diddy can exceed in damage building so the option to plank against both of them is unlikely. At least here in kingman where theres only one guy who uses metaknight outside myself. Even against metaknight, diddy at least has options for planking. Falco has nothing but maybe f-tilt (angled down). Even that's very unsafe.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
We need to get back to the tier list with Mk Snake Wario.

How is diddy higher than falco when Falco is like a hard counter to diddy?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Because Falco is not considered a hard counter for Diddy?

moomoomamoo

Smash Apprentice
Tier positions aren't related to the players right next to them. By your standards Pikachu should be above falco for being a hard counter to falco.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Tier positions aren't related to the players right next to them. By your standards Pikachu should be above falco for being a hard counter to falco.
if you're going to be top tier you shouldn't have hard counters.

@DMG he isn't but I could of sworn he used to be considered one of diddys harder MU's *shrugs* Honestly, I really couldn't care to keep up with the constant MU changes and tier list and everything else when nothing really changing except for people's opinion. However, there's still one constant and that's Marth consistently being overrated.

moomoomamoo

Smash Apprentice
if you're going to be top tier you shouldn't have hard counters.

@DMG he isn't but I could of sworn he used to be considered one of diddys harder MU's *shrugs* Honestly, I really couldn't care to keep up with the constant MU changes and tier list and everything else when nothing really changing except for people's opinion. However, there's still one constant and that's Marth consistently being overrated.
Falco is 30/70 pikachu. You saying that falco shouldn't be top just because of that?

Btw getting the 30/70 ratio from the falco boards. :x

moomoomamoo

Smash Apprentice
Dedede should be lower on the tier list! He's not a very good character! All he can do is grab! Pathetic!
Ice Climbers should be lower on the tier list! He's not a very good character! All he can do is grab! Pathetic!

But seriously. As a character being a main I also believe he's sorta dead. I just feel that there's better characters to main since he's sorta one sided and boring to me. But to me his tier position stays up because he is a nice counter-pick to a good amount of characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom