• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
marth doens't, but mikehaze does. you see i've come to the conclusion that mikehaze is actually a character in brawl, that looks like marth, and can only be selected by mike himself.

seriously though, while i personally think marth is a great character, marth has nothing on mikehaze

:):):)

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
top 5 consistently (for the most part) at tournies with richbrown, dehf, tyrant, havok, and when he shows up tkd. get out. you can't even say mikehaze is not that good dude, like i seriously can't even believe you just dissed on his skill. literally too shocked to insult you or anything, just.... wow....

Steam

Smash Hero
top 5 consistently (for the most part) at tournies with richbrown, dehf, tyrant, havok, and when he shows up tkd. get out. you can't even say mikehaze is not that good dude, like i seriously can't even believe you just dissed on his skill. literally too shocked to insult you or anything, just.... wow....
>:/

not good enough to not make marth go V on the tier list.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I mean, the term IS called Steam Rolling, not Jimmyfosho Rolling

Clearly this man... is a legend.

D

Deleted member

My opinion on the tier list. Since it more or less is what my "vote" is.

~

High:

1. Meta Knight
2. Diddy Kong
3. Snake
4. Falco
5. Marth
6. Wario
7. Olimar
8. Pikachu
9. Ice Climbers
10. Lucario
11. Zero Suit Samus
12. Mr. Game and Watch
13. King DeDeDe

Mid:

1. Toon Link (moving to high tier)
2. Wolf
3. Peach
4. Fox
5. Kirby
6. Donkey Kong
7. Sonic
8. R.O.B
9. Pit
10. Ike
11. Luigi
12. Ness
13. Sheik/Zelda
14. Sheik
15. Pokemon Trainer

Low:

1. Yoshi (moving to mid when I get the chance)
2. Lucas
3. Mario
4. Bowser
5. Samus
6. Link
7. Jigglypuff
8. Captain Falcon
9. Zelda
10. Ganondorf
Perfect. Red Ryu for Senator. :3

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Imo Marth is not top 5 in this game. I stick to what I've said like a year ago when everybody seemed to think I'm crazy for it ... but Marth is about 8th.

:059:

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
oh im not refering to where marth should be on the tier list, i agree he should be below wario and ICs, i was seriously just pointing out that if all marths played like mike does, marth could very well be 5th.

but only mike plays like mike, so marth can get 8th-ish for now

Steam

Smash Hero
oh im not refering to where marth should be on the tier list, i agree he should be below wario and ICs, i was seriously just pointing out that if all marths played like mike does, marth could very well be 5th.

but only mike plays like mike, so marth can get 8th-ish for now
if every pikachu played like Esam.

if every lucario was Trela

if every Falco was DEHF

okay

_Kain_

Smash Champion
if every pikachu played like Esam.

if every lucario was Trela

if every Falco was DEHF

okay
Bad logic is bad.

Without DEHF who pulls in enough wins for Falco to be 3rd even though he has 3 hard MU's?

Without ESAM who plays good enough for Pika to be that high?

Bad logic is bad

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I don't hold results too highly unless it sends up red flags. I still look at it to help if I have issues looking at the character and spreads.

I don't think Marth is that bad, everyone will want to chop my head off for it I suppose. Him being below Some characters isn't out of the question. I just want an answer for a drop that doesn't look at results.

Also Wolf above Fox is gonna get me some hate as well. :/

:phone:

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
if all character's were played to their utmost highest level by their best player(s), the tier list (imo) would actually be dramatically differant. problem is, one character's best player can still have nothing on the skill of a differant top character player's skill.

okay, i have a legitimate question for you guys.

what do you think the tier list would look like with NO LGL bar metaknight? seriously, that LGL is the one thing that keeps a lot of characters hight on the tier and low on the tier.

for example, with the exception of metaknight, if there was no LGL, pit would have no negative MUs, only positive and even. he could easily be top or high tier material without an LGL. also, diddy and falco would probably drop to high or mid tier, snake and marth would still be good since they can combat a lot of planking just fine etc. if someone posts thoughts on this, ill post what i think the tier would look like.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Steam please stop posting why is marth above oli/pika everytime someone posts a tier list like that.
please.

MJG

Smash Hero
Bad logic is bad.

Without DEHF who pulls in enough wins for Falco to be 3rd even though he has 3 hard MU's?

Bad logic is bad
This wraps up my thoughts pretty well

SwAg

:shyguy: :shyguy: :shyguy: :shyguy:

Man...some people in this thread :bee:

The change in the middle of the tier list is going to be the most interesting shift this time around...

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Peach and Fox should switch Red Ryu, other than that, I like it.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
What you guys don't realize is that the tier list isn't just based on wins....

It's based on the characters tools that they have, and with that being said olimar and pikachu should definitely be a little higher
Psh, it's obviously 100% results.
Stop trolling. :awesome:

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Too lazy to quote things, but ty to everyone who answered my questions about low-tiers before. Especially Fuujin for posting good Link videos :p

Tier lists suck. So many close calls to make X_x I'd rather just have metagame statistics (usage, win %, etc etc) and stage-specific MU charts, and use some formula to come up with a list. Not like the list really advances anyone's metagame or tells anyone useful things, at least when compared to MU discussions and all that. But talking about who should be where and why is good for learning more about other characters as a whole, which is always nice.

Also, Jigglypuff's planking is trash. I kill planking Jigglypuffs offstage with Wolf, that's how bad her planking is :troll:

:059:

Steam

Smash Hero
Bad logic is bad.

Bad logic is bad
that post makes absolutely no sense. I was just pointing out that it would be stupid to speculate all the "if every X character player played like the best X character player" so what you said makes... 0 sense whatsoever. what did you think I was trying to say? >.>

Albert.

Smash Master
Red Ryu I liked your list

Kadaj... Why are you trolling me..? You're coming off as mad pretentious dude. Didn't know you were into that.

Ally was just an example, but the top 10 players all have notoriously good DI, and that was the only point I was making. You took one long post by me and just stripped it down to one point. Shake my head.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
What you guys don't realize is that the tier list isn't just based on wins....

It's based on the characters tools that they have, and with that being said olimar and pikachu should definitely be a little higher
I remember back when Sonic was 5th worst in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom