• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll never listen to you as long as your avi is Ash Ketchum.
Then what will be your next excuse for not listening to anyone if the avatar does come down?

Also, top tier needs to be divided into three tiers.
S Mk
A Snake, Diddy Falco
B Wario, Marth ICs

High
Middle
Low
Ganon

Steam

Smash Hero
Then what will be your next excuse for not listening to anyone if the avatar does come down?

Also, top tier needs to be divided into three tiers.
S Mk
A Snake, Diddy Falco
B Wario, Marth ICs

High
Middle
Low
Ganon
Olimar is above marth and wario and ICs... pika could be above them too

Doc King

Smash Lord
lukario s brokin hes ara is so stoopid he gott ago up 2 S TIer

comeon guys jus listn 2 me on tis
lol lucario definately isn't broken, he very floaty, not so fast, his recovery is pretty slow, predictable, and punishable. Although Lucario is a good characters with his fair combos and stuff. ;)

Chuee

Smash Hero
lol lucario definately isn't broken, he very floaty, not so fast, his recovery is pretty slow, predictable, and punishable. Although Lucario is a good characters with his fair combos and stuff. ;)
Please tell me you didn't miss the obvious trolling of Ash Ketchum.

Doc King

Smash Lord
How about this for the tops

MK
Falco
Diddy
Snake
Climbers
Pikachu
Olimar
Dedede
Game and Watch
Wario
Marth
Toon Link
Zero Suit
lucario
Fox

Doc King

Smash Lord
Falco above Diddy and Snake?
It looks like Diddy and Snake can get harshly punished like for Diddy, you can just grab his bananas and combo him with the bananas and Snake looks like he has some very lacking stuff like aireal combat and having a slow and predictable recovery. Falco doesn't have too much punishing or very lacking attributes to the metagame. They are all pretty close though in the metagame.

Chuee

Smash Hero
It looks like Diddy and Snake can get harshly punished like for Diddy, you can just grab his bananas and combo him with the bananas and Snake looks like he has some very lacking stuff like aireal combat and having a slow and predictable recovery. Falco doesn't have too much punishing or very lacking attributes to the metagame. They are all pretty close though in the metagame.
Answer me this question, friend.
What was Ash's first pokemon?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Feeling the need to point something out.

Snakes air game is not lacking. its just polarising.

Sure, they are all laggy if you dont end them in the air and he cant really combo with them. But the idea that a character who has 5 aerials that can kill under 100% has a bad air game seems stupid to me.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Snake's air game is very unique and Snake is a uniaue character in general. His air attacks are pretty slow, but do good damage and knockback. And some of his air attacks can combo too like nair and dair.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
How about this for the tops

MK
Falco
Diddy
Snake
Climbers
Pikachu
Olimar
Dedede
Game and Watch
Wario
Marth
Toon Link
Zero Suit
lucario
Fox
Dude, Doc you and i are friends, but i dont think this will be TOPS. Why is GAW above Marth and Wario and why is Falco above Snake and DIDDY!?

Olimar is better than Pika and Toon Link is not better than ZSS and Lucario.

Here is how i see it
:metaknight:
:diddy:
:snake:
:falco:
:olimar:
:popo:
:wario:
:marth:
:pikachu2:
:lucario:
:dedede:
:gw:
:zerosuitsamus:

And maybe
:toonlink: / :fox:

And another thing, Snake's recovery is some occasions is better than Falco's and imo Diddys. Predictable but Snake can just C4 himself into another Cypher. Diddy and Falco can't do that.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Dude, Doc you and i are friends, but i dont think this will be TOPS. Why is GAW above Marth and Wario and why is Falco above Snake and DIDDY!?

Olimar is better than Pika and Toon Link is not better than ZSS and Lucario.

Here is how i see it
:metaknight:
:diddy:
:snake:
:falco:
:olimar:
:popo:
:wario:
:marth:
:pikachu2:
:lucario:
:dedede:
:gw:
:zerosuitsamus:

And maybe
:toonlink: / :fox:

And another thing, Snake's recovery is some occasions is better than Falco's and imo Diddys. Predictable but Snake can just C4 himself into another Cypher. Diddy and Falco can't do that.
I would put Dedede above Lucario, and put Pika above Marth. Dedede should be above marth too.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Feeling the need to point something out.

Snakes air game is not lacking. its just polarising.

Sure, they are all laggy if you dont end them in the air and he cant really combo with them. But the idea that a character who has 5 aerials that can kill under 100% has a bad air game seems stupid to me.
They are also really laggy without the landing lag on top of them.
and having killing aerials doesn't matter when every other move you have has killing potential too ... most of which are much safer/reliable.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
It matters a ton lol. Every time you try and juggle/edgeguard him, you have to risk dying because they are so powerful.

Not mentioning that having better kill options means little. Having more options is a major factor, since your opponent has to look out in more situations.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
It matters a ton lol. Every time you try and juggle/edgeguard him, you have to risk dying because they are so powerful.

Not mentioning that having better kill options means little. Having more options is a major factor, since your opponent has to look out in more situations.
And you don't risk dying in any other situation amirite?

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Way to prove my argument. Sanke makes you risk dying every where. If his aerials didn't kill, your opponent wouldn't have to risk dying while he's in the air.

Good job lol

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Not ... really.
Pointing out that you can literally die anywhere against snake doesn't make his aerials better.
especially if they never hit, and 2 of them can be SDI'd out of easily.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
I agree with Nair being easy to SDI, buy lol at dair being easy.

And I would really like you to explain how Bair never hits, seeing as it hits about as much as Utilt.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Okay, bair hits, but the others not so much ... maybe uair occasionally.

Alphicans

Smash Hero

And I would really like you to explain how Bair never hits, seeing as it hits about as much as Utilt.
K I am sorry but this is so scrubby.

Dair is just as easy if not easier to SDI as nair because it's easier to get out even if you don't react to the way he's moving you can still get out, plus I think the hitboxes are smaller meaning it's easier punish after getting out.

And if you're getting hit by bair just as much as utilt, I REALLY question you as a player, and are doing something seriously wrong. Like sure it's fast, but overall if you're under him and your spacing is good you won't get hit.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
They why doesn't dair get SDIed out of more? Seriously, people fail to SDI it more than Nair by a ton. It's only really useful as an OoS punish sure, but it's not easy to SDI.

Lmao if you're spacing is good. It's hitbox is bigger than like every characters body. yeah, Uairs outrange it almost always, but he doesn't have to be directly above you to use it, and if you just Uair spam, he can FF and Air dodge through you. And Bair punishes you waiting for the air dodge.

Frio

Smash Champion

^^THIS. Someone give this man a medal. It's nice to see someone actually up to date with the meta game. Is there a way we can nominate people for Brawl backroom? I want this man to be representing us.
K I am sorry but this is so scrubby.

Dair is just as easy if not easier to SDI as nair because it's easier to get out even if you don't react to the way he's moving you can still get out, plus I think the hitboxes are smaller meaning it's easier punish after getting out.

And if you're getting hit by bair just as much as utilt, I REALLY question you as a player, and are doing something seriously wrong. Like sure it's fast, but overall if you're under him and your spacing is good you won't get hit.
Luke, again you make me sad. You obvs have no clue what ur talking about. You let a lvl 8 Snake tech your GaW hammer 9 and kill you with up air, cmon. Is there a way to argue someones spot in backroom cause Alphicans should not be on T-T

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
There's a rumor floating around that Snake's body was originally much bigger but was decreased, leading to a few of his hitboxes being much bigger than his body (all of them I guess). Is that true?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I can DI dair consistently, and I SUCK at DI.
So, it must not be that hard...

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Spelt, who does this to you? Steam?

All the good snakes I see use it as an OoS punish, and it basically never gets escaped. (and like always on the last hit when it does)

LOL @ SFP.

Frio, I'm not BBR worthy. Not enough theory.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, we have more snake mains than meta knight mains in CO ... let's just say that.
And my general practice partner mained snake up until recently.

I never understood why anyone would use it oos.
it's so easy to punish.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
There's a rumor floating around that Snake's body was originally much bigger but was decreased, leading to a few of his hitboxes being much bigger than his body (all of them I guess). Is that true?
That's what I've heard, not sure about it, but snake in general is buggy (like some of his aerials don't have any autocancel frames like ganon's, so you have to let some of them finish completely to get no lag.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Oh yeah, Underload. I forgot lol.

Of course it's easy to punish if it whiffs lol. Thats why you only use it if it's going to hit. It's his biggest OoS damage dealer, and can kill too.

It's applications are definitely limited though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom