• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
^um too much info...
Anyway Im making a post to state I think spacies have the best chance against mk more than any other character except maybe diddy....
Honestly, I'd agree with you, but I believe Pikachu does 2nd best vs Mk. After him then the spacies and then probably Zss or Wario or Snake or something.

Squirtle solo might be even better then Diddy =O. Key word is might.

:phone:

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Dtilt
Jab mix-ups
side-b

MU is -2 or -1 depending on the stage, ZSS' saving grace is really that she doesn't autolose to MK on RC or Brinstar.

Her air game is also really scary to him I guess. She's terrible off-stage though vs MK, like, she can come back but she'll take like 20% damage minimum. :\

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
still better than most lmao
Really? I mean, Fox and Falco tend to just come back, lol. I agree that she doesn't get outright owned which is nice, but the flip side of that is that if you are predicted, you still use a tether recovery which means you can't ever let it become your last option or you just get edgehogged. It's pretty sucky. Couple that with the fact that MK can wait until you flipstool him while he's hanging on the ledge and then LH Nair you off-stage again... it's all pretty obnoxious.

Charged dsmash is also pretty good against MK I guess, his initial dash (period he can't shield) is just long enough that a charged dsmash out on frame 1 is pretty scary and might force him into the air. Mixing up between sideb, paralyzer shots (wavebounced and uncharged especially), jab mix-ups (ugh don't let him predict you), dtilt, and charged dsmash is preeeettty effective, but ultimately once he gets in, you're going to end up in a bad position from dtilt-ftilt 1 mix-ups alone.

I'm not really an expert on the MK match-up but I don't think it's nearly as good as most ZSS players do. It's pretty workable, but you definitely have to outplay MK to beat him. Her biggest boon is that her aerials just outright beat his, including his glide attack. Second would be that she doesn't get stageraped. After that, MK's air speed makes him pretty easy to manage when she has the lead, and due to her speed and disjointed aerials tornado is less annoying for her than other characters. But she doesn't have a grab, and jab doesn't complete, so almost everything on the ground is a guessing game. Fox and Falco definitely have better MK match-ups. I don't know about Wolf. Pikachu probably is a little better.

On the other hand I don't really think Snake is as bad as most ZSS players so

PZ

Smash Lord
Dtilt
Jab mix-ups
side-b

MU is -2 or -1 depending on the stage, ZSS' saving grace is really that she doesn't autolose to MK on RC or Brinstar.

Her air game is also really scary to him I guess. She's terrible off-stage though vs MK, like, she can come back but she'll take like 20% damage minimum. :\
O thanks for the answer.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
How do you figure? (for Squirtle vs MK) I would think that his over all lack of range vs MK's disjointed range + grab release issues would keep that from being true.
I have no opinion, lol.

Just making sure Spelt doesn't misunderstand what he quoted Seagull on.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Since it wasn't specified, I modeled the data for the "Average Cumulative" grouping.

While Wolf may LOOK good on this particular graph, pay attention to the numbers in the Y-axis, then you'll change your tune... -___ -;

Falco

Reflex 992.1
Ally 667
Atomsk 398
DEHF 386.4
DarkLink 355
Blue Rogue 310.9
Larry 300
Judge 257
Shugo 245
RedHalberd 241.4
RedHalberd 237.4
Malcolm 228.25
Kel 189.9
Arty 185.6
Hunger 153.6
Ally 145
Jnig 138
Mongoose 102
Mongoose 102
Viper 99.6
kismet2 95
Alphicans 95
Zak 95
Frank Rizzle 88
Stroumbert 88
Krystedez 78
H1N1 76
Warioman! 75
Dphat 70.4
Berserker 69
Xaltis 66
UltimateRazer 63
Superwolf 60
M@v 57.5
Xzax 54
Swordgard 54
Seibrik 54
Vinnie 54
Ninjalink 51
Iliad 50
Dynomite 49.2
Ice 47.5
Bassem 47.25
Pelca 44.7
Timotee 44
Atomsk 43.5
DoomMachine 42
DJ Falco 37.5
Hylian 37.5
HungryBox 35.5
Moe 35
TypeX 32
L-Boss 30
K9 27
Fiji 25
Nerd 24
BSP 22.5
Megafox 22
Kadaj 21.5
Croi 20
Gi 20
Swordgard 19
Billy 18
Magik 18
SSGuy 18
Micaelis 18
GDX 15
Bloodcross 14.8
Sin242 13
Curlz 12.6
Fizzle 12
DJ Jack 12
KiraFlax 10
Ozz 10
Li-D 7.5
Culex 5
Kinda late but it's not my fault, I can't really access it. (thanks though John).
Those are the 4 most up tight mid tier characters.
Looking at it Fox and Peach are pretty close.
Pit.....LOL
Wolf is up there.

Fix'd

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Idk when, I just started going back to tournies 2 months ago. So I haven't been around too long to see it. I've only seen PT and Wario.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Ignore the Falco breakdown, I ****ed that up really badly.

And as far as the graph, I just wanted to point out how underwhelming the Y axis was. Wolf is indeed better than the other characters on that particular graph, for sure.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
3/19 and 4/23 are days Wolf spiked. Looooooool. Days I placed at tourneys. How is that a problem for data?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Because one person is bringing in the majority of wolf's results...?

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Also, keep in mind that chart is the cumulative version.

Plus, Kain is the reason you Wolf guys aren't placing in the dumps, as much as I don't want to admit it...

Tesh

Smash Hero
On the subject of Pit, I think Pit has very meh rep right now. There are some good ones and alot of meh ones, just like Peach was. Alot of mid tiers are in that situation as many players have moved on to make more use of their talent (luigi?) or no one has made a huge splash with them in a while. Pit is a pretty solid character though (he should drop for now based on results though) but he is waiting for a hero. Peach looked pretty trash too before Illmatic.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
he has the least out of all of c tier...
seems pretty meh to me.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I didn't mean few, I meant meh, as in 90 of those 93 players are mid level or LOWER. All the good players main the other flying swordsman, Toon Link.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I didn't mean few, I meant meh, as in 90 of those 93 players are mid level or LOWER. All the good players main the other flying swordsman, Toon Link.
such a great post, lol

Tesh

Smash Hero
Those aren't individual players.
I know, just making a point. When I say mid level or lower, I'm basically saying Pit has NO top level players and maybe a couple of decent players that actually 2nd him or something. Its not really comparable to Sonic having top level mains (Espy, __X__) in ADDITION to their mid level players. I'd definitely put Pit in the same boat at 2010 Peach. Luigi had players like BigLou (didn't he switch to like Diddy or something?) and Boss (did he quit?). I don't think Pit's poor performance is JUST him being a mediocre character. Even low tiers have some impressive stuff going on now and then.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Holy cow you guys post here ALOT O_o
if you learn how to properly wade through the bullcrap, you can actually learn and teach a lot in this thread...

also, lol at that list and the ratio of post in this thread to overall post for those people.

spelt: 1 out of 5.5-6
Steam: 1 out of about 6.5
Chuee: 1 out of 10 or so.

Me: 1 out of about 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom