• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I was going to say something along the lines of TKD and NAKAT dont do well enough to counter his argument but I thought that would be a little over the top.

I was also gong to state that maybe Pit is the reason Koolaid isn't getting the results he should be getting.

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
maybe no pit players are outstanding because pit isn't that good of character.
How good a player is has nothing to do with how good a character actually is, again, see reflex.

I do understand your point besides that though. I'm not going to bring in the Japan arguement though becuase no one agrees on if/how relevant it is.

Also Koolaid uses a lot of characters last I checked honestly, Including MK.

Steam

Smash Hero
How good a player is has nothing to do with how good a player actually is, again, see reflex.

I do understand your point besides that though. I'm not going to bring in the Japan arguement though becuase no one agrees on if/how relevant it is.

Also Koolaid uses a lot of characters last I checked honestly.
how good a player is has nothing to do with how good a player is. yay typos.

anyways...

placing outstandingly, whatever lol. Maybe it's not that pit players are bad/mediocre/***/trash/doodoo, maybe it's that pit is bad.

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
how good a player is has nothing to do with how good a player is. yay typos.

anyways...

placing outstandingly, whatever lol. Maybe it's not that pit players are bad/mediocre/***/trash/doodoo, maybe it's that pit is bad.
Wow, that is a bad typo... "How good a player is has nothing to do with how good a character is"

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
98% of American smash players don't Japanese, your best opportunity is to bring it up when the wound is fresh that being right after APEX '12.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Yup, result wise Pit has been doing crap.

Also there isn't a MAgic Fix to the MK matchup that every character has.

Pits Matchup Chart has:

-2: MK, Wario
-1: Snake, Marth, ICs, G&W

I pretty much agree with that, minus snake being even, and maybe TL/Oli being -1s. Pit has a couple matchups that are the 0/-1 verge that could totter either way, but the match ups has only been played so much by the "best of the best"
Ya snake is even. TL/Oli i still believe to be even. Everything else is completely doable.

ErikG

Smash Ace
How good a player is has nothing to do with how good a player actually is, again, see reflex.

Also Koolaid uses a lot of characters last I checked honestly, Including MK.
I believe he said he was going to go back to Pit only. I know his first Pit only tourney back he placed 3rd

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I could argue all the points quite easily.Please don't start this pit stuff again. We all thoroughly stated our beliefs and opinions on the matter in the *matchup* thread iirc. Pits have been consistently rising in results lately. So maybe we'll be able to let results speak for themselves soon enough eh?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I was going to say something along the lines of TKD and NAKAT done do well enough to counter his argument but I thought that would be a little over the top.

I was also gong to state that maybe Pit is the reason Koolaid isn't getting the results he should be getting.
Don't forget Trevonte's occasional bursts.

Steam

Smash Hero
I could argue all the points quite easily.Please don't start this pit stuff again. We all thoroughly stated our beliefs and opinions on the matter in the *matchup* thread iirc. Pits have been consistently rising in results lately. So maybe we'll be able to let results speak for themselves soon enough eh?
*looks at results*

*sees that pit is trash*

Wait he used to be even worse??? if that's the case pit's lucky to be as high as he is right now lmao.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
No but look, you look at his MUs, what is he consistently losing to in tourney? Are those one of his so called even or advantaged MUs? If so shouldn't he be beating them? Something must be up, then look his results are reflecting it. Wait is his rep lacking? No it isn't it fits in with the rest of the mid tier rep.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Saying that doesn't change my opinion Kuro, but okay lol.
Lol to be quite blunt, Idgaf about changing your opinion atm or anyones. Without hardcore set in stone results no one is likely gonna convince anyone with theory craft and simply words alone. Know what i mean?

Also i find wario vs wolf being a -1 hard to believe. Could one of you explain that in slight detail?

Also, peaches have been doing work. Many mid-tier characters and high tier characters are changing still. Many high tier characters are being caught up to by those lower as people learn and develop their/this game more. I personally think peach is an awesome character.

Who does she lose to exactly?

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
PIT mains will you stfu jesus christ lmao>

You're char sucks get over it.

"OMG DUR HUR BUT GYZ KOOLEED DA BES US PIT AND JAPAN PITS AND ARROW LOOPS AND TEEHEHEHEHEH"

I hate every pit main in this thread i hope you all fall into lava pits and get ***** by gay sharks.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
No but look, you look at his MUs, what is he consistently losing to in tourney? Are those one of his so called even or advantaged MUs? If so shouldn't he be beating them? Something must be up, then look his results are reflecting it. Wait is his rep lacking? No it isn't it fits in with the rest of the mid tier rep.
Actually...if i were to go back and look up his significant representers. Most of his losses are only to disadvantaged matchups. For example, koolaid only lost to malcolm, twice the same tourney. A -2 matchup. The other *rising* and recognized pits lost to mk and IC off the top of my head. Mk being -2 IC being -1 due to LGL.

"OMG DUR HUR BUT GYZ KOOLEED DA BES US PIT AND JAPAN PITS AND ARROW LOOPS AND TEEHEHEHEHEH"

I hate every pit main in this thread i hope you all fall into lava pits and get ***** by gay sharks.
I agree with this. Drop the subject please. I don't agree with you being a **** about it though.

Every time i come in here i have to see admiral pits offspring posting some whining complain **** about how there char is gotdamn amazing even though they have absolute no results or evidence to back the **** up which leads into them bringing up japan and koolaid every mother****in time.
See above edit~

However, i would like to state, that the discussion wasn't in this thread in the first place. So ya...dunno wdf your talking about. That was matchup based. Only thing any pit main said in here recently was lenus advocating pit's fall to D tier being unreasonable.

Thebest1pj

Every time i come in here i have to see admiral pits offspring posting some whining complain **** about how there char is gotdamn amazing even though they have absolute no results or evidence to back the **** up which leads into them bringing up japan and koolaid every mother****in time.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Lol to be quite blunt, Idgaf about changing your opinion atm or anyones. Without hardcore set in stone results no one is likely gonna convince anyone with theory craft and simply words alone. Know what i mean?

Also i find wario vs wolf being a -1 hard to believe. Could one of you explain that in slight detail?

Also, peaches have been doing work. Many mid-tier characters and high tier characters are changing still. Many high tier characters are being caught up to by those lower as people learn and develop their/this game more. I personally think peach is an awesome character.

Who does she lose to exactly?
-___- come on dog I basically agreed to drop it. Yeah I know what you mean though. Wario def has a bigger adv. then that.

To your thing about changing, we don't know how to change without having something to base them on. Just saying. Peach is good though.

To stop this before we build bad relations (which is something we don't need if we are going to be chatting) I will agree to disagree.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
-___- come on dog I basically agreed to drop it. Yeah I know what you mean though. Wario def has a bigger adv. then that.

To your thing about changing, we don't know how to change without having something to base them on. Just saying. Peach is good though.

To stop this before we build bad relations (which is something we don't need if we are going to be chatting) I will agree to disagree.
Lol i don't blame you for having those opinions, nearly everyone does. *shrugs* But ya like i said, just drop it. Don't need bad blood~:reverse: :laugh:
Thank you kuro!

and im not a **** i'm an *******
Warning: Grammar Nazi approaching

If that second word is "*******" that should be an "a" not an "an" :troll:

If it's @$$hole, good job sir.

Thebest1pj

Lol i don't blame you for having those opinions, nearly everyone does. *shrugs* But ya like i said, just drop it. Don't need bad blood~:reverse: :laugh:

Warning: Grammar Nazi approaching

If that second word is "*******" that should be an "a" not an "an" :troll:

If it's @$$hole, good job sir.
You had to be here for the other pits
dear jeebus

and yes it's

a.s.shule

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Just turned into the Sahara Salt Slabs thread. Africa jungle tree climbing, black as night, poo throwing, banana eating *****s in my thread.

MJG

Smash Hero

Thank you kuro!

and im not a **** i'm an *******
You had to be here for the other pits
dear jeebus

and yes it's

a.s.shule
This is now a rap roller coaster and you're not even tall enough to ride.

right atomsk?
You are my hero.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Uh, Pit might be going down when I re-organize the list one last time, but I see him as a very decent character, even if the results speaking less than they probably should be. He has a crapload of potential, a decent MU spread, and his results are okay-ish, although they do fall a bit short of other characters below him.

And as far as the Sonic and Luigi discrepancy, they're really similar in strengths and weaknesses, but when it came down to it, the data showed a slight gain for Luigi over Sonic. And they're definitely a notch lower than, say, Wolf, Peach, and Kirby's potential, which is why they're a tier lower than them.

Edit: Crap, where did this new page come from? -___ -;

Nicole

Smash Champion
late response
but imo
peach's matchups with at least wolf and falco are inflated. marth is probably inflated as well, but that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom