• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
Well, the average female Cod Lays around 4 million eggs in one sitting. Delta can throw the equivalent of what 4 Cods can lay in one sitting, in one tourny set if you give him the chance.

The more you know
:troll:

Sharky

Smash Master
pretty sure deltacodding is what took out the guy who just recently took out nick riddle's whole region, just sayin' XD

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
The effectiveness of Yoshi's camping is match-up dependent.

Yoshi's camping is ineffective against: ZSS, Sheik, Sonic (mostly), Fox, Samus, Lucario...
Yoshi can camp the heck out of: King Dedede, DK, Bowser, Ike, Ganondorf, Mr. Game & Watch, Luigi...
Yoshi's camping roughly goes even with: Snake, Ice Climbers, Mario, Pikachu, Wario, Peach, Captain Falcon...

Yeah, just some examples there.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
The effectiveness of Yoshi's camping is match-up dependent.

Yoshi's camping is ineffective against: ZSS, Sheik, Sonic (mostly), Fox, Samus, Lucario...
Yoshi can camp the heck out of: King Dedede, DK, Bowser, Ike, Ganondorf, Mr. Game & Watch, Luigi...
Yoshi camping roughly goes even with: Snake, Ice Climbers, Mario, Pikachu, Wario, Peach, Captain Falcon...

Yeah, just some examples there.

Yoshi's camping is actually effective against ZSS. I used to think it wasn't, so I didn't do it, and Snakeee beat me ALL THE TIME. Last tournament set I played with him, I camped the MU properly. I 2 stocked him.

You don't go from losing against a player all the time to 2 stocking him in a "disadvantaged" match up just by camping "ineffectively." There has to be something more there. I did not randomly become MUCH better than him after a 3 month period of not playing this game.

ZSS can't approach Yoshi well at all if you're Deltacodding. If you camp derpily, it won't work since you'll get punished.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Yoshi's camping is actually effective against ZSS. I used to think it wasn't, so I didn't do it, and Snakeee beat me ALL THE TIME. Last tournament set I played with him, I camped the MU properly. I 2 stocked him.

You don't go from losing against a player all the time to 2 stocking him in a "disadvantaged" match up just by camping "ineffectively." There has to be something more there. I did not randomly become MUCH better than him after a 3 month period of not playing this game.

ZSS can't approach Yoshi well at all if you're Deltacodding. If you camp derpily, it won't work since you'll get punished.
I dunno, ZSS always seemed too fast for me, and that side-B really hurts, too. :(

The problem is, approaching does not help Yoshi any better. What an annoying match-up...

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I dunno, ZSS always seemed too fast for me, and that side-B really hurts, too. :(

The problem is, approaching does not help Yoshi any better. What an annoying match-up...

Really, all you need to do is stay passive. The best way to deal with Side B in most cases is running in and spotdodging. You avoid the tip of it and you dodge the length. Lets you get in and it's pretty low risk.

I don't do a lot of egg tossing in this MU unless I have ZSS in a bad position/in the air/on the ledge.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick

Walk forward + PS eggs.
Your response is...?

It's not even hard to do that...
Unless you're talking about a different form of camping..
Which I'd be curious to hear about.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Walk forward + PS eggs.
Your response is...?

It's not even hard to do that...
Unless you're talking about a different form of camping..
Which I'd be curious to hear about.
Sorta outlined it above. Polt was right about Yoshi's camping being match up dependent. However, the method of camping changes along with its efficiency.

For example, against Bowser/Ganon, I would throw an egg every possible opportunity. However, against, say, ZSS or MK, I do MUCH more waiting instead of egg tossing. The eggs only come out when I don't feel like I'm at risk of being punished for them. If you watched the video I linked, I spent a LOT of time standing around with MK on a platform rather than throwing eggs to avoid him from running off and punishing.

It's not hard at all to PS eggs. It's important to note that they DO have two hits, though, so your shield is still being diminished.

For ZSS, I would spend a lot of time at around mid range. At this range, it's possible to react to pretty much everything, and it's also possible to make quick approach mix ups, like a dash grab. Yoshi's dash grab is actually VERY hard to react to at proper spacing. The grab would lead to a CG, which puts you off stage/in a bad spot, allowing for egg tosses/pressure, etc.

Snakeee also had a really hard time getting off the ledge safely against me. It was a major help towards my damage output and killing.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Sorta outlined it above. Polt was right about Yoshi's camping being match up dependent. However, the method of camping changes along with its efficiency.

For example, against Bowser/Ganon, I would throw an egg every possible opportunity. However, against, say, ZSS or MK, I do MUCH more waiting instead of egg tossing. The eggs only come out when I don't feel like I'm at risk of being punished for them. If you watched the video I linked, I spent a LOT of time standing around with MK on a platform rather than throwing eggs to avoid him from running off and punishing.

It's not hard at all to PS eggs. It's important to note that they DO have two hits, though, so your shield is still being diminished.

For ZSS, I would spend a lot of time at around mid range. At this range, it's possible to react to pretty much everything, and it's also possible to make quick approach mix ups, like a dash grab. Yoshi's dash grab is actually VERY hard to react to at proper spacing. The grab would lead to a CG, which puts you off stage/in a bad spot, allowing for egg tosses/pressure, etc.

Snakeee also had a really hard time getting off the ledge safely against me. It was a major help towards my damage output and killing.
At that range I could... do kinda the same stuff?
I have a dash-grab too. :D
I also have d-tilt, which is arguably better than all your non-grab moves at mid-range due to it's speed and the ability to follow-up afterwards.
Also, simple jump off the ledge or ledge-hop down-b is good against Yoshi.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
At that range I could... do kinda the same stuff?
I have a dash-grab too. :D
I also have d-tilt, which is arguably better than all your non-grab moves at mid-range due to it's speed and the ability to follow-up afterwards.
Also, simple jump off the ledge or ledge-hop down-b is good against Yoshi.
Yes, you could. But the optimal spacing for both character's to do this stuff is different, so that aspect comes down to more of a spacing thing. Yoshi also retains the option to retreat to long range and throw an egg. Punishing ONE egg that's a mixup from midrange pressure spacing is a lot harder than punishing an egg toss happy Yoshi camper. Yoshi can even throw eggs at mid range at specific angles/powers to cut off options/create pressure. The sort of situation reminds me of my feel for the Fox MU, where one character puts a lot of pressure on at a certain range, but the other (Fox) has the ability to retreat and use more projectiles. That added option is pretty important. Yoshi's also good at stuffing ZSS's approaches, in my experience.

I don't remember Dtilt being much of an issue since I'm pretty certain I was spacing outside of its range, but I can't say for sure, so anything on that would be pretty much theory. =/

Those were the commonly used options. Certain egg toss angles block them well, though (small arc, mid/low power), since they occupy the space those options take for a long time and blow up in the air, also in that space.

Judo777

Smash Master
Fun fact powershielding yoshis eggs isn't always safe. Its kinda like PSing a diddy kong banana where it has the chance of doing something dumb and still hitting you. When you PS a banana sometimes it doesn't bounce and it can land under you and still trip you.

Conversely sometimes yoshi's eggs DO bounce off ur shield and explode right above ur head hitting you with splash damage. This isn't that relevant to ur discussion but its not ALWAYS the answer especially since i don't think yoshis is actually random unlike diddys.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
For some reason I always get the impression that Eggs poke your shield harder when you powershield them.

:059:

Orion*

Smash Researcher

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Moving your shield doesn't really help, though. The egg is still highly likely to bounce off if thrown correctly.

Heck, depending on the way you angle your shield it can be more likely to poke through it.

Yikarur

Smash Master
the camp ZSS Tip was from me :D:D I'm so happy it helped Delta :3

Camping seem to be really effective against ZSS but I need to get more experience in that match-up.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I don't really like MMs since I'll play seriously in pretty much every situation, especially if it's to explore a MU or whatever. If you want I'd do one for like, $5, lol.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Yup he's still non-existent here except for Kool-aid who hasn't been to anything in awhile.
Results all I know is that Earth got 2nd at some tourney beating Yui (fox), Otori (mk), Shu (snake), and Brood (olimar) all with pit (except game 3 vs Yui he went Sheik). He only lost to Nietono

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom