• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.
3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
you forgot about pokemon trainer as a whole...
That's because you aren't ever really fighting PT, you're fighting one of his pokemon.

If I had to give a ratio, I'd say it was 0, but I dunno.

Anyway I'll probably switch my main to another character soon because I find the Falco match-up to be so pervasively bad that I don't really want to deal with it. I have a decent Pikachu as a secondary so maybe I'll just play him but idk

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i think they should list the 3 pokemon seperate on the next tier list, just for SnGs, u know? with like a little asterisk or something. and have the actual pokemon trainer in low tier where he belongs :cool:

Tesh

Smash Hero
and zss still loses

the world keeps spinnin'

I'm bored yall so I'll stop trolling the project M thread and do this:

-3: :falco:
-2: :metaknight:
-1: :fox::pikachu2::squirtle::snake:
0: :yoshi2::wario::sheik::peach::olimar::wolf: :lucario: :marth: :diddy::gw:
+1: :mario2::dk2::toonlink::popo::charizard::ike: :ness2: :sonic::pit:
+2: :luigi2::zelda::rob::kirby2::dedede::lucas:
+3: :bowser2::link2::samus2::falcon: :ivysaur:
+4: :jigglypuff::ganondorf:
That's because you aren't ever really fighting PT, you're fighting one of his pokemon.

If I had to give a ratio, I'd say it was 0, but I dunno.

Anyway I'll probably switch my main to another character soon because I find the Falco match-up to be so pervasively bad that I don't really want to deal with it. I have a decent Pikachu as a secondary so maybe I'll just play him but idk
Advantage on Sonic? I'd definitely say Charizard is +2, he doesn't do nearly as well as Sonic. ZSS juggles the crap out of him, his recovery is super weak to dsmash and he doesn't have much going for him otherwise anyway.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Tesh yeah possibly. ZSS does have a small advantage on Sonic though.

For the purposes of a tier list I can see the point of keeping them together. For match-up ratios separation makes more sense, although I guess I can see a point to having them as one.

Charizard does OK, he isn't totally hopeless. Squirtle I might say is even +2, he's really bad for zss. He can interrupt her jab and just pokes the ever loving crap out of her and owns her offstage. Since PT will usually try not to use Ivysaur (this match-up is really bad and borderline unwinnable, I guess) it kinda goes back and forth between losing and winning so I guess even.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Since PT will usually try not to use Ivysaur (this match-up is really bad and borderline unwinnable, I guess) it kinda goes back and forth between losing and winning so I guess even.
As an aside, generally speaking, any character with movement speed that prevents Ivysaur's short-hop to be useful for spacing simply molests Ivysaur due to that alone. :(

T-block

B2B TST
Treating PT as three separate characters makes no sense.

Look at a matchup where Ivysaur has trouble landing a kill move. Does her difficulty killing affect matchups in the same way Pit's does? Definitely not, because Ivysaur doesn't HAVE to kill eventually.

That's just one example.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
red ryu please reopen the japanese tier list thread. Its the only thread weve heard anything interesting come from out of japan, and the dude posted something legitmiately cool. i dont see how posting certain characters have been placing is not relevant to the japanese tier list discussion when we do the same thing in here.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
red ryu please reopen the japanese tier list thread. Its the only thread weve heard anything interesting come from out of japan, and the dude posted something legitmiately cool. i dont see how posting certain characters have been placing is not relevant to the japanese tier list discussion when we do the same thing in here.
Well I closed it because he necro'd an old thread and in ways he was posting it was more about specific players.

If people want to talk about it they can remake the thread about the tier list in Japan. Also PM me next time about issues with the forum, it would be cleaner that way.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Aight and yeah Im not sure why I posted that here, lack of sleep or something.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
SFP, Yoshi is not even with ZSS. It's definitely a disadvantaged (-1) match-up, and recent events have solidified my opinion on it.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I have a little Yoshi experience now, as I play a guy around here who mains YOshi. He lives a bit far away so we don't get to play much but my opinion is just that it seems like +1 ZSS until Yoshi reads you and his fat head kills you at 100. Yoshi also follows ZSS when she's above him really well which can be kinda annoying. :\

I like that ZSS' grab seems like a workable tool in this MU and also like that ZSS can pressure Yoshi's shield safely with aerials, moreso than in other match-ups anyway.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
The fact that he needs a read to kill ZSS is a BAD thing, SFP. =|

Also, that side-B has weird properties and it's hard to properly shield as Yoshi. It hits him way more often than it should.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657

Also, that side-B has weird properties and it's hard to properly shield as Yoshi. It hits him way more often than it should.

Well, wait just a second. I didn't say that it's a good thing, just that the read is a little scary because of how early it can kill you :)

I agree with your assessment of side-b. It's good on him in the air, too. I often hit Yoshi with it off-stage, like way more than other characters.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick

So, you getting lots of NickRiddle practice while in FL?

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
^Duh. I won't lose to you 3 times in one tournament again! :laugh:

@SFP: Well, off-stage, it's just a player thing, but I think on-stage, where Yoshi can shield, it tends to hit way too much. It could be just me, but I feel like I've reacted to it fast enough and it still hits me. It's extremely stupid.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Non existent.
Wait, she has that?
I thought Zelda just threw fireballs at characters, and they used aerials to tie with the fireball... I always thought it was a minigame.
You guys are mean:c

I can't disagree with you though.
It just seems a little exaggerated to call his camping bad though.
I mean it's not TL/Falco/Olimar level but i don't think its BAD lol.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
People tell polt how to play yoshi?
I know this might be an absolute SHOCK to some of you, but yes. Polt is not the end all be all of Yoshi.

How is it not bad?
"Hey guys, I'm going to throw this egg. Get ready!"

I mean... unless other people are bad at reacting to it...
And this thought process is WHY people think Yoshi's camping is bad. :awesome:

Vids or it didn't happen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQN8f3hZaco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom