• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
GW
Fox
ROB
Wolf
Sonic
DK
Kirby
Peach
Pit

Ike
Sheilda
Sheik
Yoshi
Ness
Luigi

My mid tier, imho. Tink's too good for it, and PT isn't good enough, though just barely.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Yoshi vs Sheik is either 50:50 or 55:45 Yoshi's favor.
Sheilda is what causes Yoshi problems in this MU.

What a Bad 666 post, maybe i'll edit it with more stuff in a few minutes.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
SFP, you've never played a good Wolf, have you?

Also, only Kain? Have you never heard of Choice, Seagull, or .AC.? This past weekend, an up and coming Wolf, Pane, won a tournament as well as Kain. There is a REASON Wolves are winning tournaments, you know.

What has ZSS done lately? Let's talk about her.
1. Doesnt choice main falco? when was the last time he went wolf? it doesnt seem like it happens frequently enough for you to use his results as a basis for your arguement. Thats like if the sheik mains coming in here talking about how dabuz won a tourney with sheik even tho in actuality, he probably only beat a fox one round of the tourney with her.
2. Seagull is booty, he plays mk when the shiz gets real tight.
3. AC lives in a country that only has 4 good players, a fox, a wolf, a kirby and a snake. Not to say that its not an accomplishment when he beats TKD. but it does make it a lot easier on you when you go into a tourney knowing you really only have 3 matchups that you need to work on. (plus the pocket mk that everyone has, obviously)
4. Yea, there is a reason wolfs win tourneys, cause they live in booty regions. lmao.
5. about the zss point, its funny that you brought that up just now, cus i just got finished watching this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtJa3SVnuCE

I was making a joke because you used my name out of context : D
i really wasnt sure if you thought i was referencing you directly lol. good stuff, had me madd confused.
GW
Fox
ROB
Wolf
Sonic
DK
Kirby
Peach
Pit

Ike
Sheilda
Sheik
Yoshi
Ness
Luigi

My mid tier, imho. Tink's too good for it, and PT isn't good enough, though just barely.
did I put GW in my mid tier list?

also, we have people believing that sonic is the top of mid tier. Does anybody remember when we had to Argue with people to show that sonic was the top of Low tier? hah, fun times...

if using zelda and shiek together doesnt make her actually better than any other character above solo shiek, why even put her on the list?

also, all im gonna say, is that kids be sleepin on DK madd hard.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771

if using zelda and shiek together doesnt make her actually better than any other character above solo shiek, why even put her on the list?
People would still care to know whether or not it makes her significantly better or not, and not putting anything doesn't answer the question.

GW
Fox
ROB
Wolf
Sonic
DK
Kirby
Peach
Pit

Ike
Sheilda
Sheik
Yoshi
Ness
Luigi

I don't understand why you would think that Ness and Luigi are better than Pokémon Trainer.

Even ignoring that, I don't understand how you could think that Pokémon Trainer is not on the same level as Ness and Luigi. :/

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
1. Doesnt choice main falco? when was the last time he went wolf? it doesnt seem like it happens frequently enough for you to use his results as a basis for your arguement. Thats like if the sheik mains coming in here talking about how dabuz won a tourney with sheik even tho in actuality, he probably only beat a fox one round of the tourney with her.
2. Seagull is booty, he plays mk when the shiz gets real tight.
3. AC lives in a country that only has 4 good players, a fox, a wolf, a kirby and a snake. Not to say that its not an accomplishment when he beats TKD. but it does make it a lot easier on you when you go into a tourney knowing you really only have 3 matchups that you need to work on. (plus the pocket mk that everyone has, obviously)
4. Yea, there is a reason wolfs win tourneys, cause they live in booty regions. lmao.
5. about the zss point, its funny that you brought that up just now, cus i just got finished watching this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtJa3SVnuCE
Funny thing is, all of this can apply to Fox and their mains, lol.

Da K.I.D. be hatin' on da midwest, them be fighting words.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Wow, there seems to be a lot of Luigi hate here. I can't see him dropping that far. Below Wolf and Sonic, sure, but not more than that.

:069:

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
SFP, you've never played a good Wolf, have you?

Also, only Kain? Have you never heard of Choice, Seagull, or .AC.? This past weekend, an up and coming Wolf, Pane, won a tournament as well as Kain. There is a REASON Wolves are winning tournaments, you know.

What has ZSS done lately? Let's talk about her.
Sweetie, Pane won a tournament filled with nobodies. I've played Pane before, he's legit and all but I could've won that tournament if you replaced him with me.

Funny thing is, all of this can apply to Fox and their mains, lol.

Da K.I.D. be hatin' on da midwest, them be fighting words.
Face it Ryu, MW is booty. I've come to accept this.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
No it doesn't lmao
Live in meh regions mostly, check.
Use secondaries to cover themselves, check.
Has bad match-up that people say he needs a secondary for which in this case is more true for Fox than Wolf, check.

Face it Ryu, MW is booty. I've come to accept this.
Nevah!

MW does the impossible, does the improbable, row row fight the powah, and all that jazz.

Ok serious though, he be making fighting words about the midwest. Not saying anything about us, more so...I gonna work on beating that sentiment. :3

Luigi player

Smash Master
Tierlist time! (numbers in brackets show the difference to the current tierlist)

S: :metaknight:(0):diddy:(+1):snake:(-1):falco:(0)

HIGH
A: :olimar:(+3):warioc:(-1):marth:(-1):pikachu2:(+1):popo:(-2):dedede:(0)

MIDDLE
B: :lucario:(+1):zerosuitsamus:(+1):fox:(+3) :toonlink:(0):pit:(+3):kirby2:(-1):rob:(0):dk2:(+2):wolf:(+3):peach:(-1):sonic:(+3)
C: :sheilda:(+1):ike:(+2):gw:(-13):luigi2:(-4):sheik:(0):ness2:(0):pt:(0):yoshi2:(0)

LOW
D: :lucas:(0):mario2:(0):bowser2:(0)
E: :samus2:(+1):link2:(+2):zelda:(+2):falcon:(-3):jigglypuff:(-2)
Ganon: :ganondorf:(0)

That's how I see it atm. Still unsure about some placings though... (mostly the order of the mid tier characters)

D

Deleted member

KID, Choice is a double main. He plays Wolf and Falco evenly. Ask him yourself.

And Seagull goes MK when things get tough. This is different from TKD how? Also, he doesn't live in a "booty" region. He's been playing mostly Wolf as of late as well.

@Ryu, Kain doesn't use a secondary as compared to the "best" Fox main.

eventually, youre going to have to admit that the character is good. you can only be so blatantly ignorant for so long.
:awesome:

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
KID, Choice is a double main. He plays Wolf and Falco evenly. Ask him yourself.

@Ryu, also Kain doesn't use a secondary as compared to the "best" Fox main.
You guys stay on this secondary kick like it's a damning quality to being the best (__________) main. "You can be the best Team Rocket, but god forbid you use another character for that godawful Pikachu match-up. It might kill your credibility." Get off TKD's nads, he uses MK for the ****ty Brinstar/MK combo and to deal with Pikachu and ICs. Maybe in the future, he'll holla at NAKAT and NAKAT can give him a few lessons in Brinstar Fox 101.

/rant

D

Deleted member

You guys stay on this secondary kick like it's a damning quality to being the best (__________) main. "You can be the best Team Rocket, but god forbid you use another character for that godawful Pikachu match-up. It might kill your credibility." Get off TKD's nads, he uses MK for the ****ty Brinstar/MK combo and to deal with Pikachu and ICs. Maybe in the future, he'll holla at NAKAT and NAKAT can give him a few lessons in Brinstar Fox 101.

/rant
The thing you're missing is that he doesn't only go MK on counterpicks. He goes MK on neutrals against characters that Fox isn't even countered by.

That's why we're on his nads, dude.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Agreed with Reflex.

I really don't think Samus is better than Link.

:059:
I had Link and Samus switched at first, but tbh I think Samus can be better against the higher tiers... even if she still does bad, but at least she can recover. :\ And Xyro does okay with her, I never see any results or anything about Link lately though...

And what Reflex said.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Live in meh regions mostly, check.
lmao I didn't know NY and SoCal are meh regions
EDIT: @Auspher: There's nothing wrong with going mk against characters that aren't "counters". TKD used to main MK, and his MK is still really strong.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
The thing you're missing is that he doesn't only go MK on counterpicks. He goes MK on neutrals against characters that Fox isn't even countered by.

Okay, so if he doesn't know the match-up, why risk it if there is money on the line? Kirby is a silly match-up for Fox if you don't know it. I'm sure once he learns it, MogX will be in for it.

inb4meatridingaccusations

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

Pretty much this.

This is why I hate going into this thread sometimes. People are not consistent with reasoning of why characters are good/bad.

Not to mention people are so fickle with results/hype trains like they are the only thing that matters which results in inconsistent lists people come out with Pit getting +5s along with Fox for no reason what so ever other than hype trains.

D

Deleted member

And there we go back to square one of "just play MK".

Yay.

Point is that Fox isn't as deserving of his position on the list as people are believing, and he is where he is now because of "potential", which he isn't living up to. Wolf has shown far more promise as a character and the mains of that character have been able to overcome all but one of his bad matchups(except for Choice, who knows the D3 MU well) and have been getting results as well. Wolf and Fox should be close to each other in mid-tier, but Wolf is more deserving of a higher spot.

inb4ragepostsbykidandiblisy'allgoandlosetomorewolfmainsimdonewiththisthread.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero

Yay.

Point is that Fox isn't as deserving of his position on the list as people are believing, and he is where he is now because of "potential", which he isn't living up to. Wolf has shown far more promise as a character and the mains of that character have been able to overcome all but one of his bad matchups(except for Choice, who knows the D3 MU well) and have been getting results as well. Wolf and Fox should be close to each other in mid-tier, but Wolf is more deserving of a higher spot.

inb4ragepostsbykidandibliswhowillgoandlosetomorewolfmainsimdonewiththisthread.
He mained MK before he started delivering the D with Fox. If you have it, why not use it? My MK for example at Siis. I MKed most of my pool except for M2K and Sneaky. TBH Sneaky should've gotten MKed too, I might have made it out. >.>;

Chuee

Smash Hero

Yay.

inb4ragepostsbykidandiblisy'allgoandlosetomorewolfmainsimdonewiththisthread.
Ok, tell me when a Wolf has beat a good Pika or Wario (inb4KainbeatingHunger) that used the CG.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
How is he not living up to "top of mid tier?" Fox players are placing top 10 at large tournaments with very good players in a competitive region, sometimes more than once in a single venue (Trevonte and TKD at WGF).

Results like that would be high tier, but we recognize Fox's inherent weaknesses and problems, and also ask for a more national presence from high tier characters, which is why he probably isn't high tier right now.

Fox's position isn't what I'm worried about. I'm more worried about why Toon Link isn't high tier yet, why ZSS and Lucario aren't above Game and Watch, why Peach is still #19, etc.

Also LOL at starting ZSS anti-hype right now. Try again in a few months, dude. KID that video is amazing, yeah man ZSS' ground game is terrible :awesome:

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Ummm there's a video of TKD beating Chudat's Kirby. With Fox.

But yea Fox isn't good on counterpicks, that's been established. But neither is like the whole cast with the exception of MK, Wario, G&W, and a few others.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Ummm there's a video of TKD beating Chudat's Kirby. With Fox.

But yea Fox isn't good on counterpicks, that's been established. But neither is like the whole cast with the exception of MK, Wario, G&W, and a few others.
ZSS is good on CPs. Actually I wouldn't say that, I'd say she's just not bad on them. Which is about the same thing.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
excel, you just said when tkd gets the kirby matchup down he'll do better, but if hes been playing with that same kirby for years, it doesnt make sence.

@ salty wolf mains.
Personally I feel 2 ways.
1. fox shows up bigger at bigger tourneys. honestly, to me, kain and pane winning smaller tourneys with wolf, isnt as big as trevonte and tkds showing at winter games fest, because its just a bigger tourney.

2. when i watch fox play. his playstyle lends him to a more effective showing that wolf does. kains vids just strike me as. ok, hes good but why is _____ player running into _____ attack like that he could have easily avoided that with _____ move. where as when I watch nakats vids I feel more like, wow _____ person really cant do anything about _____ tactic, and everytime they try something, fox can just cover so many options.

I dont know, when I watch the vids of the two characters, fox just seems better to me.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
excel, you just said when tkd gets the kirby matchup down he'll do better, but if hes been playing with that same kirby for years, it doesnt make sence.

@ salty wolf mains.
Personally I feel 2 ways.
1. fox shows up bigger at bigger tourneys. honestly, to me, kain and pane winning smaller tourneys with wolf, isnt as big as trevonte and tkds showing at winter games fest, because its just a bigger tourney.

2. when i watch fox play. his playstyle lends him to a more effective showing that wolf does. kains vids just strike me as. ok, hes good but why is _____ player running into _____ attack like that he could have easily avoided that with _____ move. where as when I watch nakats vids I feel more like, wow _____ person really cant do anything about _____ tactic, and everytime they try something, fox can just cover so many options.

I dont know, when I watch the vids of the two characters, fox just seems better to me.
Yeah I'll sign this post. Watching good Fox players, it's an amazing showcase. It isn't just some really good player winning with a meh character, it's "wow, that looks annoying" and "wow, fox can punish that?" etc. Fox is everywhere, he has so many options, his moves are constantly fresh, he's fast, he kills so early. He's a top tier character with a deadly disease. =/

Notice how good Wolf mains with the exception of Kain are the same with those regions?
And not really placing as well as TKD or Trevonte or Nakat? :awesome:

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
theres wolf mains in tristate?

they must be effing awful, cus ive never even heard of a wolf main in that area.
Pane is the only one. You know, that up-and-coming Wolf main who just won a tourney? :awesome:

Auspher, please keep posting because I haven't laughed this hard in a long time.

(<3 Pane)

Edit: Maybe Seagull is from this region, I don't know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom