• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
What has Ike done as of late? Im not beating him down or anything, I just haven't heard anything about him for a long while.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
K Prime, you've always thought that Pika was overrated. How come?
When you learn everything there is to know about one character, far above what you know about all the other characters, one of 2 things happens.
1. You see every single flaw of your character, harp on it, and pray to god that nobody that plays characters that you perceive takes advantage of all your characters weaknesses decides to learn your character as well as you do. (Results in you thinking your character is trash [see: K prime, Fuujin, crash, half the yoshi mains] and much worse than most others see him as, thus wanting a drop in tier standing for said character.)
2. (The far more prevalent result) You see every single positive aspect of your character, and try to force everyone else to understand why your character is so amazing, based of your knowledge of how all his positive aspects can completely cover his bad ones Warrenting a raise in tier standing. (Results in not understanding why others dont see your character as being as good as you think, usually due to the person being so wrapped up in their own character they dont know any other characters and thus are clueless about them and their strengths.) See: all wolf mains except Kain, ALL marth mains, Dark Peach, a2zomg, the other half of the yoshi mains, All Pit mains, a couple lucas players, Iblis

What has Ike done as of late? Im not beating him down or anything, I just haven't heard anything about him for a long while.
(note. I dont really matter for this example, i only reference myself because san is from my region)
neither me nor san have been to a tourney in close to six months. but were teaming at pound and so I think the sonic and ike hype train will get soem steam again after that.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Next tier list will be Diddy, followed by some combination of either Falco/Wario/Snake/Marth

Yamitsuki

Smash Cadet
Hmm... anyone in A tier is entirely dependent upon results at this point.

Snake has established himself in the past as a strong solo character. Even now any debate in his match-ups can be argued as neutral or better against the whole cast. He also has the traits needed to do well on virtually any stage. This should make him a strong candiate for 2 slot. The only thing to hold him back is human ability.

I see no reason why snake should be lowered except in the case of results.

Marth I believe is also well established as another character. After a long time, many will probably agree that his match-ups go even or better with the entire cast as. This, I believe, means he could be viable for slot 2. As in the case with snake, its dependent upon results.

Falco and diddy I do not think should ever be able to take 2nd slot. While they function extremely well on their own, they do have some issues that restrict them. Stage selection is probably the biggest factor where they fail. Falco it is worse because he actually has bad match-ups that are known and widely accepted.

With all this in mind, I feel that the ideal upper tier list would compose of

1) Meta Knight 2) Snake/Marth 4)Diddy/Falco. However, the differences between 2-4 are so small that the extra factor of results pushes them around enough.

Wario and ICs would find a placement for 6th/7th.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I USED to be in category number 2. But I actually take the time to learn about a ton of the other characters in this game, and I dont just say sonic is amazing because of my knowledge of him alone.

1. I originally said sonic should be a couple spots higher than what he is, because hes clearly shown himself to be better than those around him and after learning about those characters (ive played shiek once or twice in tourney, as a reference) I feel that sonics tools are better than theirs with their application in game.

2. as for the 'sonic is as good as ddd' talk, i didnt start that but the people that did convinced me that it wasnt out of the realm of possibility.

@ steam, It took me like 10 min to figure out what you were trying to say, adn even now I cant tell if you are serious or just joking.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
My mid tier.

Fox
ROB
kirby
Dk
Sonic
Wolf
Sheilda

Pit
Ike
Shiek
peach
Ness
Yoshi
Luigi
PT

note, toonlink isnt on here cause I would put him in high tier with zss and luc.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yoshi > Ness IMO

Wolf > Fox

Kirby > ROB (but I'm not positive on my thoughts here due to recent results)

Sheilda is just barely over Sheik. Having an easier time in 3-4 mu's doesn't equal 3 spots higher

Weegee isn't mid tier

Peach > Pit

all my opinion

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Yoshi > Ness IMO

Wolf > Fox

Kirby > ROB (but I'm not positive on my thoughts here due to recent results)

Sheilda is just barely over Sheik. Having an easier time in 3-4 mu's doesn't equal 3 spots higher

Weegee isn't mid tier

Peach > Pit

all my opinion
With the except of Luigi and maybe Ness, I agree with this.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
TL is high tier, Fox and Sonic are top of mid together. Fox is a little better imo but Sonic wins more because he doesn't get gayed by his fallspeed.

Also lmao at Wolf hype. Fox would be high tier if Pikachu and Sheik didn't exist imo and might be eventually despite them. Even if you got rid of all of Wolf's counter match-ups he still gets gayed by other things frequently enough and no one places well with him except Kain.

And kid, peach is not low enough seriously. She is really really bad. Ness and Yoshi are both better,

D

Deleted member

SFP, you've never played a good Wolf, have you?

Also, only Kain? Have you never heard of Choice, Seagull, or .AC.? This past weekend, an up and coming Wolf, Pane, won a tournament as well as Kain. There is a REASON Wolves are winning tournaments, you know.

What has ZSS done lately? Let's talk about her.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
SFP, you've never played a good Wolf, have you?

Also, only Kain? Have you never heard of Choice, Seagull, or .AC.? This past weekend, an up and coming Wolf, Pane, won a tournament as well as Kain. There is a REASON Wolves are winning tournaments, you know.

What has ZSS done lately? Let's talk about her.
only 2 tournaments?
lol

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Rob beats Kirby matchup-wise. Wolf vs Fox is perfectly even so he doesn't beat Fox as Z'zgashi said.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
TL is high tier, Fox and Sonic are top of mid together. Fox is a little better imo but Sonic wins more because he doesn't get gayed by his fallspeed.

Also lmao at Wolf hype. Fox would be high tier if Pikachu and Sheik didn't exist imo and might be eventually despite them. Even if you got rid of all of Wolf's counter match-ups he still gets gayed by other things frequently enough and no one places well with him except Kain.

And kid, peach is not low enough seriously. She is really really bad. Ness and Yoshi are both better,
Well, if some characters lost their bad MUs, I'm sure they would be better as well. If Lucario didn't have Snake, MK, or King DDD, he'd be top tier in a heart beat.

Steam

Smash Hero
Well, if some characters lost their bad MUs, I'm sure they would be better as well. If Lucario didn't have Snake, MK, or King DDD, he'd be top tier in a heart beat.
Especially snake and D3 >.>

but yeah when you take away every matchup worse than 55-45 your character tends to go up on hypothetical tier list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom