• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Recommended Rule List 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
NNID
Budget_Player
[collapse=click here for posts by scrubs that are not even giving the system a chance before saying "this is ********" and probably should just leave now and go bawww to their TOs and the like]
Brawl back room, I can now comfortably say you are a bunch of scrub *******. That is all. Call a mod to infract me now.

Thanks for ruining this game.
I think frigate is above delfino due to sharking isn't it?
This is an utter joke haha.

Good job backroom members! You've once again managed to prove that there ARE undiscovered depths of idiocy that mankind hasn't quite reached yet.

If you want to be taken seriously as a community you need to amend this. People already snicker behind their hand at you as a whole, don't make it worse.
The new counter picks are really gay.
BPC, I'm going to outskill you by grabbing the ledge over and over on Norfair as Metaknight.
****ing idiot.
[/collapse]

All the posts in here are uninformed, knee-jerk reactions to a very reasonable rules change. Guys, remember, unless its an extended set, MK having more counterpicks than RC and Brinstar does not matter (unless it's something like Temple where he goes 99-1 with literally everyone except fox and sonic). Okay, let's zoom in on that last one...

BPC, I'm going to outskill you by grabbing the ledge over and over on Norfair as Metaknight.
****ing idiot.
Go ahead. It's funny you mention that, because it shows just how stupid you are. Fun fact: the only stages in the game where MK is not broken without a ledge grab limits are Brinstar and Norfair. Imagine that-a strategy that is all about forcing your opponent into a poor position below the ledge by staying on the ledge all day doesn't work as well (or rather, well at all) on a stage where every ledge is covered by lava at some point, the ledges are set up so that you can come at him from a lower platform with uair or a special or a projectile. /r/ing that pic about why norfair is so ****ty for MK's planking plz.

Man, so much raging. All you ragers need to learn how bans are SUPPOSED to work, and what "burden of proof" means.

Also, hey BPC? *high-fives*
**** straight. IMO, we need some obligatory reading material up in this *****. REALLY. The sad part? Most of it is posts by you, me, AZ, or AA. :(

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
  • The BBR is opposed to the institution of a Ledge Grab Limit of any number (for any character) for use in determining the winner of a match by time out.
Time to pick up MK.

The calm tyrant...

Smash Ace
Is this really serious? OMG...

Luigi's mansion? Distant planet?? PORT TOWN?!?!?

I'm too glad this is just a recommended rule set, honestly it's a little sad too look at >.>

Teh Future

Smash Master
can someon just ban buget player conect he lives in like an island in russia and has never been to a tournament and probably never even played anyone in this game outside of wifi

Chuee

Smash Hero
[collapse=click here for posts by scrubs that are not even giving the system a chance before saying "this is ********" and probably should just leave now and go bawww to their TOs and the like]

[/collapse]

All the posts in here are uninformed, knee-jerk reactions to a very reasonable rules change. Guys, remember, unless its an extended set, MK having more counterpicks than RC and Brinstar does not matter (unless it's something like Temple where he goes 99-1 with literally everyone except fox and sonic). Okay, let's zoom in on that last one...

Go ahead. It's funny you mention that, because it shows just how stupid you are. Fun fact: the only stages in the game where MK is not broken without a ledge grab limits are Brinstar and Norfair. Imagine that-a strategy that is all about forcing your opponent into a poor position below the ledge by staying on the ledge all day doesn't work as well (or rather, well at all) on a stage where every ledge is covered by lava at some point, the ledges are set up so that you can come at him from a lower platform with uair or a special or a projectile. /r/ing that pic about why norfair is so ****ty for MK's planking plz.

**** straight. IMO, we need some obligatory reading material up in this *****. REALLY. The sad part? Most of it is posts by you, me, AZ, or AA. :(

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
It was so easy to see this coming. You guys have your heads up your ***** if you didn't see it.

NNID
Budget_Player
No really. SOMEONE tell me what's wrong with any of the stages (other than DP and LM; I know the issues here and I'm not sure what to think about them being legal; if they are stupid, it'll show and people will ban them again) that were newly legalized. Especially PTAD, PS2, or YI(M).

Also, the fact that everyone here is blatantly criticizing literally the people who are the best TOs and strategizers in the game without actually giving any reasons beyond "MK gets better" and "ZOMG GAY STAGE" (to which the answers are "not true" and "deal with it *******" respectively) is a little telling about our community. SF would not deal with this ****.

napZzz

Smash Hero
this makes me cry on the inside

I think they made this clearly mk favored stage list with the fact in mind that it will make him even better to make him bannable

thanks bbr, everyone should bear with this stage list for a little while!

ook

Smash Lord
Lmao, cmon guys. No TO (except overswarm & AZ) is going to follow this list. Everyone knows the BBR is insane.

Even though I love me some janky stages, I realize that some of them are just complete BS.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
No really. SOMEONE tell me what's wrong with any of the stages (other than DP and LM; I know the issues here and I'm not sure what to think about them being legal; if they are stupid, it'll show and people will ban them again) that were newly legalized. Especially PTAD, PS2, or YI(M).

Also, the fact that everyone here is blatantly criticizing literally the people who are the best TOs and strategizers in the game without actually giving any reasons beyond "MK gets better" and "ZOMG GAY STAGE" (to which the answers are "not true" and "deal with it *******" respectively) is a little telling about our community. SF would not deal with this ****.
Exactly. And realistically people aren't going to give it a chance in the first place.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
I'm still very confused why you guys didn't add spear pillar as a counterpick.

Can you guys elaborate?

napZzz

Smash Hero
Lmao, cmon guys. No TO (except overswarm & AZ) is going to follow this list. Everyone knows the BBR is insane.
its comprised of mk mains who want him to become even better and since he cant be banned since they all use mk and they make the decision

wait what.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
meh, pretty sure to's in new england (that means you, bizkit) arn't going to adopt this ruleset so idc. i thought it was a joke post at first lol

Jem.

Smash Master
Care to elaborate on why Distant Planet/Port Town/Luigi's Mansion were decided to be back? Theres a reason Luigi's was removed from every region, and why Port Town/Distant Planet haven't been put in. You're just feeding the MK's more CP's (I main MK and I can even say this) "I ban brinstar" "K distant planet frigate delfino port town or rainbow, which would you like me to go to, sir falco main?"

KageMurphy

Smash Master

If the overwhelming majority of the community doesn't like this trash list then they won't show up for events if TOs use it. Tournys of 10 or 15 people won't last long.

Go play SF then?

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
It's ok, though. It will all turn out for the best when nationals start running that ruleset and EC players start getting trashed on CPs they didn't take the time to learn. You reap what you sow, guys. Now, get to practicing.

napZzz

Smash Hero
budget player cadet makin himself look like a fool out here

I suggest people run this, mk will be even better and more proof we can ban him will come up

Chuee

Smash Hero
It's ok, though. It will all turn out for the best when nationals start running that ruleset and EC players start getting trashed on CPs they didn't take the time to learn. You reap what you sow, guys. Now, get to practicing.
Can you please tell me, good sir, which region holds the most nationals?

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Care to elaborate on why Distant Planet/Port Town/Luigi's Mansion were decided to be back? Theres a reason Luigi's was removed from every region, and why Port Town/Distant Planet haven't been put in. You're just feeding the MK's more CP's (I main MK and I can even say this) "I ban brinstar" "K distant planet frigate delfino port town or rainbow, which would you like me to go to, sir falco main?"
The stages that are legal are a result of the total votes of all BBR members who participated in the stage discussion / voting threads. The threads were open for at least a week, generally much, much longer for the "controversial" stages.

T-Block will be elaborating on the stages / posting summaries in the 2nd post of this thread as time goes on.

NNID
Budget_Player

Can you guys elaborate?
Because it's blatantly and obviously broken. Player skill does not matter because as soon as someone gets a lead, unless their opponent is considerably faster, they win. Not to be confused with PTAD or Norfair, where there is no mitigation of skill whatsoever.

Feeding MK more CPs doesn't matter. Are any of the new stages better than RC? If not, then they mostly will not be used in normal games. Also, PTAD is not that great for MK (no really, it isn't), and frigate is vastly overrated IMO.

But again, anyone wanna actually provide reasoning instead of "OMG THIS IS BAD" and "OMG THIS STAGE IS SOOOO GAY BAN PLZ", johning like the little scrubs they are about changes to the rules that may not favor them? (For the record, no LGLs on MK is, IMO, kinda bull****-he's unbeatable without them, remember?) Also, "BPC is a lousy player" is not an argument. It's a completely irrelevant statement that I agree with but has nothing to do with the actual argument at hand. Number of times I've died or taken damage to cars on PTAD in my last 10 matches there: 0. Number of times I've been hit by lava on Norfair in my last 10 matches there: something like 5?

The Filth

Smash Lord
The overwhelming majority of TOs who have been chatting about this are treating it like some sort of joke, I don't think there's any danger of my continent being tempted to pick this up.

Least I hope not.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I question the intergrity of the bbr

I think wifi players and 2010 members could make decisions on the same level

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
If this list catches on I swear to god, i'm going to go out of my way to host tournaments with the old east coast ruleset.

I love how all the horrible players are supporting this. Alot of people in the back room dont even deserve to be in it.

Also this just seems like a trick to get metaknight banned.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
budget player cadet makin himself look like a fool out here

I suggest people run this, mk will be even better and more proof we can ban him will come up
Yeah, he's looking like a fool. That's why the top TO's AND players agreed with his basic position. Makes a TON of sense that he's the fool, and not all of the sensationalist fear-mongerers who aren't even going to give the stage list a fair chance out of short-sighted conservatism / fear.

Makes total sense.

Stop johnning, you scrubs, and just PLAY THE **** GAME.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314

Can you guys elaborate?
I'd say the best reasoning is that there's no way to guarantee which version of Spear Pillar you're going to get without hacking, but honestly I find all three versions to be very playable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom