• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Recommended Rule List 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I question the intergrity of the bbr

I think wifi players and 2010 members could make decisions on the same level
Yeah, he's looking like a fool. That's why the top TO's AND players agreed with his basic position. Makes a TON of sense that he's the fool, and not all of the sensationalist fear-mongerers who aren't even going to give the stage list a fair chance out of short-sighted conservatism / fear.

Makes total sense.
yo wuts up dog

Chuee

Smash Hero
Because it's blatantly and obviously broken. Player skill does not matter because as soon as someone gets a lead, unless their opponent is considerably faster, they win. Not to be confused with PTAD or Norfair, where there is no mitigation of skill whatsoever.

Feeding MK more CPs doesn't matter. Are any of the new stages better than RC? If not, then they mostly will not be used in normal games. Also, PTAD is not that great for MK (no really, it isn't), and frigate is vastly overrated IMO.

But again, anyone wanna actually provide reasoning instead of "OMG THIS IS BAD" and "OMG THIS STAGE IS SOOOO GAY BAN PLZ", johning like the little scrubs they are about changes to the rules that may not favor them? (For the record, no LGLs on MK is, IMO, kinda bull****-he's unbeatable without them, remember?)
Its not necessarily about mk.
By adding more CPs and keeping the stage ban count the same, you're making it to where most characters can always get a ridiculously good stage for them on their CPs.

Teh Future

Smash Master
The overwhelming majority of TOs who have been chatting about this are treating it like some sort of joke, I don't think there's any danger of my continent being tempted to pick this up.

Least I hope not.
as long as budget player conect stays the **** in russia you should be good

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Port Town Areo Dive is really really bad for Olimar and other people with tethers.

Infinites reduce the viability of characters... More viablity makes for a healthier and diverse metagame.

King Dedede on YI(M) is ridiculous, pretty much means you're getting 0-Deathed by a grab on either side because he could just BAir you into the blast zones on the left side.

You guys did address some of the old player's concerns which I am grateful for, but with a new ruleset you are just opening a new can of worms...

I'd suggest in the stage list of counterpicks and counter/banned should receive another category in between the current two for something that is more bannable. Frigate is much more neutral for a counterpick than let's say PTAD obviously.

Perhaps character boards should generate numbers for each character vs. another character on certain stages, so that the BBR could make a decision with a bit more information.

Just my two cents.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Man, so much raging. All you ragers need to learn how bans are SUPPOSED to work, and what "burden of proof" means.
Oh really? How about this. How about you play some gay *** meta knights on these stages, and beat them over and over. Then come tell the whole community just how it is done. You do this and you win.

I live for Dark Peach's over the top rage posts.
I'm so glad I had popcorn in my hand as I clicked on this thread.
That's the best you got? I speak truth, and you call it rage? Damm I should really rage and see what you think of that then. if you are trying to be funny you fail. Hard. You are not funny at all.

What you fail to realize is what you done bringing these things back. Now lets say meta was not in the game. then most of this crap would not be a problem. Learn WTF meta Knight is. You say this is not about Meta. Well you just made it all about him bringing all this garbage back.

And bugdet, You say these rules don't improve meta that much.....GENIUS, WHY WOULD YOU WANNA MAKE META KNIGHT BETTER! That dude is too much as it is. And he is not banned. Now you give him more power? More gay ****? Does that sound legit to you? Characters not are nearly unusable now. It's all meta knight.

And also, you calling EC srcubs if we don't use this list. More like the EC aint a bunch of ******* to follow this crap and know whats up. They gonna use a rule set that kills the whole roster. And all you gonna see is meta dittos. Oh joy what fun that will be. Meta Knight all over the place. Nothing new. No meta games being improved with characters to learn more things about this game and improve character performance. Nothing at all. Just MK.

Again, I wanna see the BBR players play gay meta knights on this crap rule list, then come back to all us "ragers" and tell us how it is not so bad. And showing us you beating this **** over and over. Until then, you guys just fail.

Congrats though. BBR just became the brawl anti-christ. Now you will all be remembered for the descrution you caused.

Also ADHD is right. the dame will be based on luck to win. Skills don't play a role in this anymore. competition and skills is done with.

Kole

Smash Lord
I hope socal TOs don't actually use this ridiculous stagelist...lol

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I liked reading your post Dark Peach. And now onto my post:

I'm reading a lot of rage from a lot of people, and do you know what a lot of it consists of?

We're giving MK MORE counterpicks.

MK is so good, that a wide variety of stages are going to be counterpicks for him. He's so versatile and adaptable that there are few stages that he can't take advantage of. So what does this mean? We should center our stagelists and our entire ruleset around him? Even though this ruleset and stagelist would be fine without him? And he's the only one that breaks the system?

I'm gonna tell you something. It makes me sad that we can't have a large counterpick list because MK can take advantage of it.

I would say that banning MK is the answer, but that just makes me sound scrubby, especially since he's not going anywhere. I'll have to settle for being depressed that, yes, MK can take what would otherwise be a great stagelist and demolish everyone by abusing it.

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
Care to elaborate on why Distant Planet/Port Town/Luigi's Mansion were decided to be back? Theres a reason Luigi's was removed from every region, and why Port Town/Distant Planet haven't been put in. You're just feeding the MK's more CP's (I main MK and I can even say this) "I ban brinstar" "K distant planet frigate delfino port town or rainbow, which would you like me to go to, sir falco main?"
The stages were chosen on votes which were based on well thought out arguments from the members of the BBR. The extra stages added in were not based on individual characters (MK, as most people are noting).

PS2 is probably more broken for Snake and Wario than it is for MK, who actually suffers from the air transformation more than he benefits from it.

Distant Planet yields an Olimar advantaged stage, the slope limits DDD chain grabs more than one might think, and the water/items will assist in breaking up lower-edge camping.

Port town has safe spots from the cars in all transformations. The cars have warning and these safe spots are not "be airborne".

Luigi's Mansion's "issues" can be fixed via careful stage planning. Nothing worse than one would set up when playing Rainbow or Brinstar. If you're afraid of getting punished for hitting pillars, just fight next to them and let the course of battle do the work for you.

==

This is a collaborative work, so not all of these statements reflect my own opinion. But I won't go as far as to discredit the work that everyone has put forth when developing this list.

-Tuen

Hydruz

Smash Cadet
hey guys im a BBR member and I like making terrible stages legal to promote diversity in brawl

tldr: main metaknight

napZzz

Smash Hero
most of the BBR aren't even top players from what I can tell

I heard they didn't wanna let ADHD in

Chuee

Smash Hero
So guys, Im going to have so much fun living till 250% and timing people out on Luigi's Mansion!

Kole

Smash Lord
Lol I was just thinking that exact same thing Chuee

And I'ma take Olimar to Port Town

napZzz

Smash Hero
I cant wait to float around in the air as wario and laugh while ppl get killed by cars on port aero town

Teh Future

Smash Master
I liked reading your post Dark Peach. And now onto my post:

I'm reading a lot of rage from a lot of people, and do you know what a lot of it consists of?

We're giving MK MORE counterpicks.

MK is so good, that a wide variety of stages are going to be counterpicks for him. He's so versatile and adaptable that there are few stages that he can't take advantage of. So what does this mean? We should center our stagelists and our entire ruleset around him? Even though this ruleset and stagelist would be fine without him? And he's the only one that breaks the system?

I'm gonna tell you something. It makes me sad that we can't have a large counterpick list because MK can take advantage of it.

I would say that banning MK is the answer, but that just makes me sound scrubby, especially since he's not going anywhere. I'll have to settle for being depressed that, yes, MK can take what would otherwise be a great stagelist and demolish everyone by abusing it.
why do you post in poop color

napZzz

Smash Hero
can I plz be in BBR I think i'm smarter than most of these people plz plz plz

Chuee

Smash Hero
I cant wait to float around in the air as wario and laugh while ppl get killed by cars on port aero town
This!
Im gonna CP olimars & ZSS's here and taunt when they attempt to recover!
EDIT: Nappy, you can't be in unless you have connections with current BBR members.

NNID
Budget_Player
Port Town Areo Dive is really really bad for Olimar and other people with tethers.
Fun fact: no it isn't. Your options are:
-Make it back to the main platform with your double jump
-Hit the track, bounce up, land on platform

Hmm... that sounds a lot better than
-Make it back to the main platform with your double jump
-Pray that your opponent is not within grabbing distance of the ledge before you hit tether range.

Infinites reduce the viability of characters... More viablity makes for a healthier and diverse metagame.
And yet banning it is an artificial, surgical balance change. More viability would also be provided by removing the top tier, but we don't do that, do we?

King Dedede on YI(M) is ridiculous, pretty much means you're getting 0-Deathed by a grab on either side because he could just BAir you into the blast zones on the left side.
Wrong. DDD's chaingrab works on 3 low tiers that nobody cares about, DK (who needs walkoffs for THAT-DDD already has him a stock down when he gets grabbed), Wario who should never get grabbed anyways because he is virtually ungrabbable if he plays smart and gets CG->grab release kill move a lot (doesn't DDD get a guaranteed fsmash on that?), and Lucario. ONE character, in other words, where it actually matters. Learn what you're talking about.

Let's make this very clear, eh?

DDD's 0-death wall infinite only works on 6 characters. Of these 6 characters, it only makes a real difference with one viable one, who is only semi-viable in the first place. This is not a valid ground for banning the stage.
THE SKY IS FALLING! THE END IS NIGH! REPENT!

True story.
The stages were chosen on votes which were based on well thought out arguments from the members of the BBR. The extra stages added in were not based on individual characters (MK, as most people are noting).

PS2 is probably more broken for Snake and Wario than it is for MK, who actually suffers from the air transformation more than he benefits from it.

Distant Planet yields an Olimar advantaged stage, the slope limits DDD chain grabs more than one might think, and the water/items will assist in breaking up lower-edge camping.

Port town has safe spots from the cars in all transformations. The cars have warning and these safe spots are not "be airborne".

Luigi's Mansion's "issues" can be fixed via careful stage planning. Nothing worse than one would set up when playing Rainbow or Brinstar. If you're afraid of getting punished for hitting pillars, just fight next to them and let the course of battle do the work for you.

==

This is a collaborative work, so not all of these statements reflect my own opinion. But I won't go as far as to discredit the work that everyone has put forth when developing this list.

-Tuen
You guys are great, keep it up.

Mikachiru

Smash Ace
Everyone's freaking out and getting all pissy. Really, it's not that bad. Just learn dem stages. :/

Notes

This ruleset is the recommendation of the Brawl Back Room for how to run competitive Super Smash Brothers: Brawl tournaments. We do not condemn TOs for holding tournaments with alternative or even noncompetitive rulesets. It was through experimentation and open but critical thinking that we reached these recommendations, and we encourage TOs to continue the search for improvements and novelties.
^ This. Reread the notes. It's a RECOMMENDED ruleset.

Seriously, I dunno why everyone just thinks the game is suddenly unplayable. They've added some stages that shouldn't of been banned to begin with (PS 2, anyone?). Because of MK? Jeez, it always seems to boil down to him... :confused:

I'm a bit curious about why they've decided to let the LGL go.

==

-Tuen
^ He knows what he's talking about.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I have never been happier that I quit Toon Link.

I feel like somebody will post in between my other one and this one, so I'll be fine.

edit: 4 posts! :)

napZzz

Smash Hero
hey budget player cadet do you go to offline tourneys and if you do how well do you place within your own state

*see's mk icon near his name*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom