• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
got this right off their website...

"What does it cost to attend DEVASTATION?
To compete in any of the tournament games you MUST have a paid registration. The registration fee for the Event is $45.00, which covers all three-days of the Event as well as full access to the Expo area. Players then pay an additional $10.00 entry fee for each tournament game that they wish to compete in. The $10.00 goes fully into the winnings pot to be divided among the top three players in each tournament at a 70/20/10 percent split."

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Just to confirm, if I only want to play Melee all I need is a guest badge correct? I remember someone saying they would email a staff member a while ago but I don't recall seeing what happened with that.

easy mac

Smash Apprentice
we are just going to do doubles if we even go. we may not be able to get the money in time. if not we will be at the next tournament whenever it is.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
well one if it was faked it wasnt by me since it was obviously on his actual account

and it would have to have been an incredibly elaborate hoax since his GF called me right after to tell me about it

also while attempting to capture this with his vidcap software, his computer BSOD.

hax

EDIT: also i just realized that since my post count went down due to the social rooms or w/e, i now have a second chance to get to 777 posts... tai is never getting anywhere near my pc again
God **** it, I will hack your SWF account.

p.s.

I'm back in AZ right now, and I'm probably going to be here until after Devastation (going back to Socal with Lovage, Replicate, and Mango)

Jar'd

Smash Ace
No, you just buy the guest pass.
Btw, I owe you... 22.50? Right? I can't remember. It's something like that.

-TroLL-

Smash Rookie
So according to this,

"These badges allow access for all three days but do not allow you to compete in sanctioned tournament games but you can still enter and compete in the various side-tournaments and events."

I can buy a guest pass and compete in Melee if that's all I want to do, correct?
That would be correct. If you're only coming for Melee, all you need is a guest badge.
Just to answer everyone's questions about melee at Devastation.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
I have the image of Captain Falcon with his helmet selected and feathered saved as a .psd, does anybody want it for easy Falconization?

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
Hey Tucson: Can anyone offer me a ride from the Tucson Airport to the Play N Trade Tournament this Saturday? I chose to come to this tournament over S.I.N. because of family business/issues/parties. I would REALLY love to come! Can anyone help me out? Tucson <3

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Is there an easy site I can host the file or am I going to have to e-mail to you all individually? In that case, gimme your e-mail so I can send you the Falcon helmet.

AXE 09

Smash Master
hey everyone! alright, a few of us SV guys (probably 3 of us) want to go to devastation, but we need housing. i know Tai said he could probably house me, but he's gonna have a crapload of other people there, and 3 of us probably would be too much. is there anyone that would be willing to house all 3 of us? pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease?

Junpappy

Smash Lord
What's the entry fee for Melee at Devastation other than the guest pass? I didn't see it anywhere in the Devastation thread.

And Kosuke, if you're going do you want to team?

Goop

Smash Journeyman
I can house you all Axe. But I won't be here during the day on Friday so you will need to get out of the house by 8 AM so I can lock up. That would mean you all would have to wake up early to take a shower. If you guys are fine with that stipulation then I would be more than happy to house you all.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sounds like a lot of people are going to Devastation. It might be fun to go after all!

There's no way I'm paying $45 plus more to play anything though.

*looks at Devastation website*

Oh, Snap! Both Melee and Halo 3 are "Side Games"?! Hells yes. How awesome! Chances of my showing up have just risen significantly. :)

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Are you going to be watching anymore Mystery Science Theater 3000? lol
I forgot how funny and ******** some of the stuff on that show was.

god I miss cable.

I wish I had non-dial up internet. Youtube is useless to me.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ha! Well, I still have pirated copies of seasons... I think 7, 8 and 9 on my laptop. You can have them, if you want. Just bring some storage (another laptop, external HDD, flash stick, unladen swallow, etc...) and tell me you're coming. But I doubt I'll actually play it at the tourney again. My laptop's speakers kinda blow, they hardly go above a whisper. (And if I tried to crank it, they'd just blow out, lol)

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
hmmm I have 4gb flash stick, and half of a 160gb iPod that can also be used as a HDD, I assume the iPod would be better. I'll let you know if I do go to Devastation.

Goop

Smash Journeyman
SMASHfest Today! For melee. Starts at 5 pm. I live at 1820 E. Bell de Mar Dr. #252 Tempe, AZ

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
just the mention of work is pissing me off now. I thought working at subway would be kinda cool with the good food and chill people but GAT DAM, on your feet for 6 hours sucks balls

AXE 09

Smash Master
I can house you all Axe. But I won't be here during the day on Friday so you will need to get out of the house by 8 AM so I can lock up. That would mean you all would have to wake up early to take a shower. If you guys are fine with that stipulation then I would be more than happy to house you all.
that would be awesome! hmmm... you're leaving early on friday? SV actually plans on leaving friday morning from SV to Phoenix. we just needed a place to stay for friday night and saturday night, possibly sunday. would that be alright?

Top Bottom