• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
brawl sucks!!!!! Tai you should have seen me at the brawl tourney today. i had melee written all over my face, had a Play N Trade sticker on my shirt but i crossed out N and wrote MELEE over trade. My tag was MELEE and everytime I won a set I turned around and screamed MELEE!!!!!!!! to which the crowd reacted with MELEE!!! back to me. Spencer (sean's bro) had MELEE on his arms and a sticker on his shirt too and also played with the MELEE tag and we both kept telling brawl noobs to kill themselves or start playing melee. **** brawl noobs.

DOOK IS GIONG TO PLAY MELEE!!! YES!

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
SMASHFEST MONDAY 6/15 AT BRYCE'S
182 N COBBLESTONE
GILBERT, AZ 85234
STARTING AT 3PM

DIRECTIONS: From the 60 get off on Val Vista and go south until you get to a small street called Park Ave. (Its the street right before Elliot) Turn right and keep going till you hit Cobblestone. Turn right again and its the house on the corner.

BRING AS MANY SETUPS AS YOU GUYS CAN!

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
brawl sucks!!!!! Tai you should have seen me at the brawl tourney today. i had melee written all over my face, had a Play N Trade sticker on my shirt but i crossed out N and wrote MELEE over trade. My tag was MELEE and everytime I won a set I turned around and screamed MELEE!!!!!!!! to which the crowd reacted with MELEE!!! back to me. Spencer (sean's bro) had MELEE on his arms and a sticker on his shirt too and also played with the MELEE tag and we both kept telling brawl noobs to kill themselves or start playing melee. **** brawl noobs.

DOOK IS GIONG TO PLAY MELEE!!! YES!
Lol, yeah, I know.

Spencer already told me.

I remember back in the day...

You were mad in love with Brawl, son ;)

Goop

Smash Journeyman
Smashfest at my place today. Come at like 5 ish. We wont be playing too late cuz I got work tomorrow. Prob like 11 or so.

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
Smashfest at my place today. Come at like 5 ish. We wont be playing too late cuz I got work tomorrow. Prob like 11 or so.
Address? I might not make it but in case I can I will show up.

GamerGuitarist: Melee SUCKS! I really do love Brawl so much. It is a game of knowing EVERY matchup and outsmarting your opponent. Melee is good too (you know I like Melee) but don't dog on my Brawl now!

SSB64 <3 Melee <3 Brawl <3

Best games ever.

PS What is Meh-LEE?

PPS Does anyone have an EXTRA Gamecube memory card they can lend to a Dook in need? I want to have unlocked Characters!

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion

GamerGuitarist: Melee SUCKS! I really do love Brawl so much. It is a game of knowing EVERY matchup and outsmarting your opponent. Melee is good too (you know I like Melee) but don't dog on my Brawl now!

Best games ever.

PS What is Meh-LEE?

PPS Does anyone have an EXTRA Gamecube memory card they can lend to a Dook in need? I want to have unlocked Characters!
Street Fighter IV.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
. /rage
---
I don't know any fighting game that says where you DON'T need to know the match-up and outsmart your opponent. >_>

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero

Best games ever.

PS What is Meh-LEE?

If you're at the Smashfest today, you can copy someone's data.

His address is 1820 E Bell de Mar Dr, call someone for the apt # when you get there (I don't know if he's comfortable with me revealing his address)

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
I bought a 360 just to play Street fighter 4. After a week I sold the 360 and street fighter on craigslist. It just felt a coin battle on bridge of eldin with dodging disabled. I never regretted selling that game.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
so uh now that im in north carolina...can i still post here legitimately? lol az anger will always be with me!!

also, go lakers!

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
I bought a 360 just to play Street fighter 4. After a week I sold the 360 and street fighter on craigslist. It just felt a coin battle on bridge of eldin with dodging disabled. I never regretted selling that game.
If that's what you think of the game then your opinion is invalid. You have no concept of the high-low mixups in SF.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I was a save-freak in RPGs once.....

Then I met a man by the name of Cheyne Carlos.

Then I played Persona 3.

**** you, Kosuke.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
I have never heard of an RPG that punishes you for saving.

You always have multiple files to choose. :D
---
That -is- what you mean, right? >.>

fridayslobster

Smash Apprentice
No, I mean, I would save like, every ten minutes
Every RPG gamer will eventually become OCD about saving. It will happen when you've saved past an unwinnable spot in a game. For me the game that ruined me was golden sun. Now I have 50 oblivion saved games.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
I just save whenever I run into a save point lol...I never make my way out to do it.

Unless the situation calls for it... >_> There are always evil gay bosses waiting around the corner.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Saving in video games today is ********.

Waaay back when, games had to restrict saving for technical reasons. Think Megaman, or Metroid. The games didn't have enough processing power nor memory for you to be able to just save anywhere you'd like. But not anymore! There is no excuse for a game to restrict saves, other than to arbitrarily make the game harder. (At the expense of pissing off the players)

The ONLY games I've seen restrict saves in a way that made the game BETTER is Resident Evil. Oh, man. The ribbons and typewriters thing. That totally worked. The game wouldn't have been nearly as frightening if you had unlimited saves. There would be no fear of dying, you know?

That's the only one I can think of.

smasher32

Smash Journeyman
I feel like as long as there is a save point right before a boss, it's fine. Otherwise yea, drop the save point frequency in RPGs a bit.

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace

Where: Denver, Colorado
When: July 24-26 2009
Pre-registration: http://www.nvgaonline.com/SuperCon/registerinfo.php

The NVGA SuperCon is back!! The NVGA SuperCon, being held in Denver, Colorado July 24-26, 2009 is the national championship for the NVGA as well as the gaming haven for all gaming enthusiants seeking education in all aspects of the gaming world. In the end Education of the Gamer is what the NVGA is about!! The NVGA SuperCon features three key aspects to the gaming community:

National Championships and the NVGA Championships

Come join the NVGA as we crown our championships in both the NVGA and the two national events at the SuperCon. Below is the tournament games that will be featured at this year's SuperCon:

-Soul Calibur 4 (National Championship and NVGA Champioinship)
-Smash Bros. Brawl (NVGA Championship) - $500 Bonus Pot
-Guilty Gear Accent Core (NVGA Championship) - $250 Bonus Pot
-Street Fighter 4 (NVGA Championship) - $250 Bonus Pot
-HALO 3 (NVGA Championship) - (4 v 4) - $1000 Bonus Pot / (2 v 2) - $500 Bonus Pot
-Gears of War 2 (NVGA Championship) - $500 Bonus Pot
-Street Fighter 2 HD Remix (NVGA Championship) - $250 Bonus Pot
-Rock Band - Battle of the Bands (NVGA Championship) - Big Prize

The Soul Calibur 4 National event consist of regional qualifiers finding the top 64 players in both games from across the nation as well Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. The NVGA Championship consist of players from all over the United States including NVGA chapters in New Mexico, California, Colorado, Arizona, Oklahoma, St. Louis, Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, New England and Nevada.

Education of the Gamer

This year's SuperCon features big names from the gaming industry both educational, retail and other. This aspect of the SuperCon is made to provide gamers with the information that they need, want and desire as it applies to the gaming industry. With a list of panels, workshops, sponsors, vendors and exhibits this aspect of the con is truly made for all casual and hardcore gaming
enthusiast.

AnimeLand Wasabi

This year's SuperCon features a world class anime con presented by Animland Wasabi. Featuring a variety of anime/gaming related panels, artist and dance events this is a party that you don't want to miss

The Gaming Cave

The NVGA always believe in including all people in the excitement which is the gaming world. The Gaming Cave will give casual and hardcore gamers a chance to try out old and new games with the chance to learn from the best gamers from across the nation. It will also play host to a variety of giveaways and prizes in specific side tournaments that only can be found in the Gaming Cave. You might even see some TABLE TOP GAMING....only time will tell. This is also a safe haven for sponsors and vendors too show off there products to the very audience that we all cater too...the
GAMER!!

Pre-registration is open now to all players that want to compete for the NVGA Championship title. Whether you are a player looking for just a good time or a hardcore player looking to make a name for yourself this is the place to do it. There will be tons of things to do to wet the appetites of ANY GAMER!! You can pre-register for the event here:

http://www.nvgaonline.com/SuperCon/registerinfo.php

See you at the SuperCon!!!!!!

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
Wooo! I'll be there! Denver is the tightest city and that is the best venue I have ever been to. DFG is the best tourney host I have met too. Who is coming from AZ?

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Every RPG gamer will eventually become OCD about saving. It will happen when you've saved past an unwinnable spot in a game. For me the game that ruined me was golden sun. Now I have 50 oblivion saved games.
There is tell of a new Golden Sun for the DS in the works

PS: Oblivion > Fallout > most
Bethesda ftw

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
about video game saving: final fantasy games (for the gameboys never played for playstation) always had it where you can only save on the world map which was mainly only used for travel, unless you had a certain one-time use item. i hated that, where you would save, enter dungeon and then die to the boss, lose levels and random drops that wont drop again, and then stop playing for several months.

Fire emblem on the other hand, you can save whenever you want! its amazing, i love games with auto save, like if you turn it off mid battle, you can resume in the very same battle! genius

@dook, dont take tommy he doesnt deserve it ;P

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Dook, don't listen to Nick, he doesn't even live in Arizona anymore. His opinions, or anything else he says are now invalid.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
DOOOOOOOOK

Take me with you.

You'll get more Nice Firm Hug/Back Healing Things.

Edit: Yes a new Golden Sun on the DS is in the works: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Sun_DS
Dook's flying, and he can't get you free plane tickets.

He can only hook people up with discounted tickets, and he only has a certain amount allotted per year. His are probably either already used or they're going to be saved for people he cares more about.

Top Bottom