• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

MZero17

Smash Journeyman
I propose we organize a low tier tournament sometime , because I'm getting annoyed with all the space animals. And I play an awesome Game and Watch ;)

Goop

Smash Journeyman
I am not gonna do a tourney on Veterans Day.

I won't do another tournament till after finals.

Sizzle

I paint controllers
So yeah, I went to a Biweekly today in San Diego and was chatting with Bone and he told me to give a shoutout to Dark and Light and said you he met you at SCC and you guys were really cool. He gave both you guys mad props on your skill too. He was a really cool guy. Anyway, Greg and Brad for awesome tier.

AXE 09

Smash Master
I propose we organize a low tier tournament sometime , because I'm getting annoyed with all the space animals. And I play an awesome Game and Watch ;)
that sounds like a great idea! man i've always wanted to go to a low-tier tourney, i think we should have one

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
So yeah, I went to a Biweekly today in San Diego and was chatting with Bone and he told me to give a shoutout to Dark and Light and said you he met you at SCC and you guys were really cool. He gave both you guys mad props on your skill too. He was a really cool guy. Anyway, Greg and Brad for awesome tier.
cool! yeah hes a pretty cool guy, tell him we said whats up and stuff. did u get to play him sizzle?

and for Ugly, i did not once say that goops tourney was confirmed, i didnt even really know there was a tourney on veterens day for goops, i thought it was only a idea. my bro didnt say confirmed either, he just said theres supposed to be a tourney held by goop on veterensday

Sizzle

I paint controllers
cool! yeah hes a pretty cool guy, tell him we said whats up and stuff. did u get to play him sizzle?
Yeah, unfortunately I only got to play him one friendly because people were doing MMs and there was a low amount of TVs, but I got him down to 1 stock which was good for me, cause he has a really good Peach. Hopefully my Light training helped me ^^

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
I'd say sometime in the later weeks of December. After finals are over. Plus, the tourney can be Christmas themed. And we can sing Happy Birthday to Jesus.

pntchandler

Smash Rookie
Hello all,

Back by popular demand. Another Smash:Melee tournament.

This will be a SINGLES tourney. 1v1
Sunday 11/11/07

We will use the TIO tournament software to move this along faster. We're using 8 Gamecubes on 8 TV's. The software should help.

NOW, on with the show!

Tournament starts at noon (sharp!) Sign up times 11am-11:45am (Pre-register, fools!)
Pre-registation: $10 per person. If you live far, ask a friend to pre-pay for you. Besides, what are friends for, if not to borrow money?
At the door: $15 per person.

You may recall that the prizes were great before. We had to tone it down. We were burned by some of the other tourneys we had in Sept. & October. Smash 64. Only 7 people showed up for a $175 total prize. Also, Halo Trilogy. We had about 40 people for that one. Not bad but the prizes totaled about $2000. That was a huge loss.

Anyway,
1st place: $100 store credit

2nd place: $50 store credit

3rd place: $25 store credit

RULES
This is a DOUBLES tournament
4 stock, 8min time limit, double elimination
Random Stages: FD, PS, DL64, BF, YS, FoD
Loser chooses stage, winner changes character and then loser changes character

BANNED
No mod controllers, no turbo or programmed, no stalling. Let's not get into specifics. You've played long enough. These will result in player banned.

WOBBLING!!!
Sorry Wobbles, but I have to ban this one. Nothing personal.

www.playntrade.com/chandler
480-726-PLAY

Students! This goes out to ASU, MESA, Collins, etc. If you have any suggestions to get the Play N Trade name out to schools and possibly get involved in events, let us know. We want to be a presence on campus.

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
Hello all,

Back by popular demand. Another Smash:Melee tournament.

This will be a SINGLES tourney. 1v1

RULES
This is a DOUBLES tournament
4 stock, 8min time limit, double elimination
Random Stages: FD, PS, DL64, BF, YS, FoD
Loser chooses stage, winner changes character and then loser changes character
..So which is it?

Corigames

Smash Hero
If singles, I'm game. If doubles, I'm game.

Anyone want to partner with me... trent... wobbles... Wakka... Ken... MewTwoKing (Cuz Taj is a n00b compared... pfft.)?

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Students! This goes out to ASU, MESA, Collins, etc. If you have any suggestions to get the Play N Trade name out to schools and possibly get involved in events, let us know. We want to be a presence on campus.

You should host an interscholar tournament. That would be freaking awesome.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Funny, he didn't mention the 1 school that has more pro in it's left, unclean, over use, sweaty, left-foot sock than the other schools have combined in their entire wardrobe...

I mean... what about me?

Corigames

Smash Hero
Dude, Cory. Tony and Wobbles both go to ASU. ASU pwns UAT, sorry. :p
1. It's Corey... E in the name. It's even on my profile name. corEygames.

Everyone, go it? CorEy!!!

2. Then what's the point of mentioning anything else if all that matters is Taj and Wobbles. Why not only invite ASU?

3. Is was being sarcastic considering the only people in AZ smash community from UAT is CT and me.

Toro goes to GCC. GCC pwns UAT.
When are you going to grow your own balls and stop throwing this Toro guy in for everything? Seriously, I think you know how to play smash too hot shot...

D

DJShad0w

The tourney on the 11

I've never posted on this site before but this looks like the place if im looking for a challenge.. anyone know if the tourny is singles for sure? I think i'll show up. Anyone smash at GCC too??

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
1. It's Corey... E in the name. It's even on my profile name. corEygames.

Everyone, go it? CorEy!!!

2. Then what's the point of mentioning anything else if all that matters is Taj and Wobbles. Why not only invite ASU?

3. Is was being sarcastic considering the only people in AZ smash community from UAT is CT and me.

When are you going to grow your own balls and stop throwing this Toro guy in for everything? Seriously, I think you know how to play smash too hot shot...
Wow. Even after months of you spitting out your sarcastic trash talk, you can't recognize it back. If you can't take it, don't run your mouth.

Also, I've already played you and beat you by 2-3 stock. I just don't go around posting it in my sig.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Dude, once again... I beat you to the sarcastic trash talk. So I double mind gamed you while you are still only at single mindgames... tisk tisk.

Also, I've been up for a long time, so chill for me plox.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Jeez, Cory, I didn't know you were so touchy about your school. ASU pwns UAT so hard, you'd get wobbled by random freshmen that Rob passes by that don't even play smash. He's that good. And Tony, god ****, he doesn't even need to play you. He'll mind game you into 4 stocking yourself before he even picks up a controller. Get a real school, gawdz....

jk jk <3

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Dude, once again... I beat you to the sarcastic trash talk. So I double mind gamed you while you are still only at single mindgames... tisk tisk.

Also, I've been up for a long time, so chill for me plox.
Wait, what?

Maybe I've already mindgame'd you into thinking you've double mindgame'd me, when, in fact, we're right where we started.

Hello, my name is maXXXpower; does anybody know of any tournaments in AZ?

I do believe I've won this game and you owe me one free internets.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
NYTESPIEKS.

See, I win all mindgames. Anyway, Coreygames, I challenge you for your runner up spot in a 3/5.....Next time you in town. Or Im in Phoenix.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
100k? How much are you paying Cory? A semester at ASU goes got about 2.5k. So a 4 year degree is about 20k.

Unless you're using one of them fancy dancy hyperbole's.

Top Bottom