• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

Corigames

Smash Hero
I think 100k is what I will finish here with... if not more due to ever increasing college tuition and **** or me underestimating.

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
First off, dan ASU is about 2.5k a semester for in state tuition.....we on the other hand are not residents of arizona..If I remember right its closer to 6-7k a semester when I looked at asu a few years back. UAT is a private university that is the only NSA recognized curriculum on the west coast (why I'm there). It IS expensive, however, you will have a job out of this school...I believe they have somewhere around 90% job placement straight out of here. Not many schools can claim that. Also, uat gets transfers from collins, full sail, gcc, asu etc every semester. Why? because its a much better school. Also, I have a friend here who transfered here out of MIT. He said he didnt regret it at all.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, I'm not going to try to argue the quality of education of ASU vs UAT. But even at 7k per semester, it's only 58k for a degree. And I didn't know you were out of state, Trent. I thought you've been here forever. :)

I just thought that Cory was exaggerating, and was quite surprised to hear he wasn't. I definitely don't mean to belittle your school nor your education. I get plenty of crap from some people who like to think of ASU only as a party school, and I know I can get defensive about it. Just from talking to the both of you, I could tell that you know a lot about what you do.

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
haha I am Arizona at heart Dan...but those schools...they don't believe it.

Also I will never argue the value of a school versus a school..mostly because the education you get is equal to the work you put forth. The institutes are merely there as a resource.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
haha I am Arizona at heart Dan...but those schools...they don't believe it.

Also I will never argue the value of a school versus a school..mostly because the education you get is equal to the work you put forth. The institutes are merely there as a resource.
There's no way to measure the amount of AZ love in our hearts. Perhaps you techies at UAT can help the world by inventing such a shiny device.

Goop

Smash Journeyman
I was gonna troll but I choose against it.

I want to start a crew anyone interested?

Goop

Smash Journeyman
Chuk, Yamer, AltF4 and I are all down, I think 8 is a good number to cap it at so maybe Light, Dark, ChaosTheory and Coreygames? Or other good players.

We'll see.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Crew battle once you gather a team, Goopaloop? Though we only have a five man crew if Butters can make it down. Otherwise, it's cuatro. :(

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Cuatro... let's see... that must be... no, wait, don't tell me.... ****it, you must speak that same gibberish that Manny speaks! :p

(For the record, Manny can't actually speak Spanish. He just pretends to.)

Yes, G-Mo, that'd be awesome. Think we'd all be able to show this Sunday for a vet's day tourney?

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Veteran's Day is this Sunday? I'd better get it off work, then. I'll go tomorrow.

Anywoodle, I don't want anything serious, unless you guys want to. Just for sh*ts and giggles.

I love to sh*t and giggle.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, what is "for serious". I don't think we intended to put money on it. In which case you could call it a friendly crew battle. But it would have the same structure and everything.

And believe me, after we're done, you'll be the one ****ting and we'll be the ones giggling... or, no... wait... actually.. yea.

Corigames

Smash Hero
If it comes down to it, we can always have 2 AZ crews that will get perpetually better through the repetition of fighting each other.

And yes, I'm up for such things.

Elysium

Smash Lord
I've already started a crew! (check the Sig!!!) The only problem is that no one else except my brother has joined. lol
Uncle Sam wants you!.... in The **** Staff!

Oh and I'm proclaiming myself Best Smash Player in Queen Creek since I don't think I know anyone else who lives there that can beat me.

Final_Smasher

Smash Rookie
I've already started a crew! (check the Sig!!!) The only problem is that no one else except my brother has joined. lol
Uncle Sam wants you!.... in The **** Staff!

Oh and I'm proclaiming myself Best Smash Player in Queen Creek since I don't think I know anyone else who lives there that can beat me.

I live in mesa, about 20 minutes away from queen creek(I used to live in queen creek). I want to play someone else besides my brothers. Wanna play?

Elysium

Smash Lord
I live in mesa, about 20 minutes away from queen creek(I used to live in queen creek). I want to play someone else besides my brothers. Wanna play?
I live in mesa (Mesa Drive and Southern) right now too, but come the 15th, I'm the best Queen Creek player there is. And yeah, pick a time and I'll see if I can work my way to playing you.

It was a pre-emptive claim of greatness. lol

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
I think we can take Light in crews. Anyways, you guys should have been STBs. We eat more cake.

Edit:

So its:

Light
Dark
Trent
Coreygames
Dan
Goop

All in one crew? That's four top-15 guys in one crew. This is doable for STB.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
That seems fair. You guys are half brown, though.

I'm just excited for what you guys will call yourselves. AZ guys and the Light Experience?

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think Goop was really the originator of the crew idea, so I'd leave it up to him, but I'd say hells yes Wakka / Joe / Kyne / I Feel Asleep.

I'm totally stoked to do a crew battle. I've never done one before. The strategy and stuff involved is really enticing.

Goop

Smash Journeyman
Great I think everyone who I asked to be in wants in!

Exciting.

I think then it will be:

1. Goop
2. Yamer
3. Chuk
4. AltF4
5. Dark
6. Light
7. ChaosTheory
8. Coreygames

I will make a sig, what do you all want as your primary characters?

Joe you are welcomed in if Corey doesn't want in. Otherwise we would be good to not be too big and stick to 8 people.

Eight is a good number. It means we will always have enough people for even teams and crew battles.

I would totally be down for a crew battle. Your four to our eight would be fine you can just have 6 stock to our 3 per person. So it would be like a 24 stock crew battle or if you get Butters and Hanki it would be 4 to our 3.

Now we need a name. I was thinking maybe The Revolution (REV), or The Phoenix Force (TPF), or the AZ Eight (AZ8), or something else. Give some suggestions we will go with the best one.

Goop

Smash Journeyman
Well, what is "for serious". I don't think we intended to put money on it. In which case you could call it a friendly crew battle. But it would have the same structure and everything.

And believe me, after we're done, you'll be the one ****ting and we'll be the ones giggling... or, no... wait... actually.. yea.
Well I wouldn't mind personally putting money on my crew in a crew battle.

I'll put $20 for the crew battle at the next tourney, if G-MO wants to take it, if not I am cool with that too.

We can even record it. That would be great.

Top Bottom