• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
You aren't getting worse, everyone around you is just getting better.

By the way Tai, when do you think you'll have the University of Advancing Our Smash Skills melee matches up on your channel?
when i stop being a lazy POS

i've had time to do it a few times since then, but just chose to do something else that was incredibly trivial

i guess ill start now

Corigames

Smash Hero
Cori beat me extremely solidly, despite whatever delusuions she's giving herself to sleep better at night over beating me
You SD'ed more stocks than I took off of you. It honestly felt like you threw the match whether the reality is that you did or didn't. I don't lose any sleep over it, just the fact that Okami ****ed up the SSBPD and my victory against you isn't recorded on it. :c

Corigames

Smash Hero
I didn't assume your motives, it just felt like you did. Maybe so you wouldn't have the frustration of continuing in the Melee tourney against better opponents, maybe so that you could throw me a bone and let me have a rather substantial victory of my own, maybe to show everyone how few ****s you give about the game now. IDK. Could have been anything, it was just odd to see you SD that much.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
You aren't getting worse, everyone around you is just getting better.

By the way Tai, when do you think you'll have the University of Advancing Our Smash Skills melee matches up on your channel?
Actually it's both. If you watch my sets from a few months ago versus how I play now, it's obvious that I've gotten a lot worse.

Jackie

Smash Journeyman
Looking through old texts and found this message I sent to Bizzarroflame when I was picking him up on UC Merced campus for G2.

I'll blast dreamland 64 music so you can hear where I am lol

:phone:

Dre the Ace

Smash Ace
What's up AZ players, I will be in Tucson from the 6th to at least the 10th of June. I know there is a tournament on the 9th but I will be busy all day for a wedding. I still don't know if I'll have easy access to a vehicle yet but if I do, I would love to play some, if not all of you. I will keep you guys posted.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I'm going to hold a Melee only tournament on June 30th.
Name pending, but I'm thinking of going with: Christsmash in June-ly
The place will be at my new home in Mesa.

I just want to get a feel of how many people would be interested in this before I make it an official thing. Otherwise, I won't get my hopes up. If more than 10 people say they'll come, then this thing will be boss.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I could see myself going if there was Project M... except I forgot Hector won't be here anymore so I dunno. But you will definitely get K9 and those guys if you host P:M, too.

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
Fish, I challenge you to a girlfriend MM!
First of all, it'll have to wait until both of us are back in AZ. Second of all, neither Zim nor I can even remember the last time she played. Thirdly, she's far more interested in Minecraft and Pokemon at the moment.

Honestly, she's much better than she gives herself credit for, but it's hard for her to deal with psychologically when she (Sheik) loses in what she knows are overwhelmingly advantageous MUs to me (Link/Falcon/YL), my bro (Ganon), Angel (Yoshi), etc. so it's almost impossible to motivate her to play these days. Unless I'm too drunk to see straight -.-'

I mean, she'd still wreck your gf no contest, but I'm just not sure it's gonna happen. :troll:

Dre the Ace

Smash Ace
So I just got to the hotel, and I'm in Oro Valley. I still don't really know what my family's plans are, but if I had to guess, the best time I could play smash would be tomorrow or Friday. Can people pm me their address if you happen to be hosting? I'll be checking this thread every few hours or so and let you know if I can make it or not.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Hey Dre!

I live really close to Oro Valley. Do you know what cross streets your at?

Here's my address:
2835 W. Chalfont Dr.
Tucson, AZ 85742

Cross streets: Shannon and Overton

I would love to smash with you!

Dre the Ace

Smash Ace
So from what I'm getting from my family is that I can smash either some time in the afternoon or after tomorrow (Friday). Kyle/others, would any one be available to play?

Dre the Ace

Smash Ace
Cool, so what times work best for you? And should I just show up to your place or something? I dunno how you guys like to do it around here, lol.

And I don't do that, but I don't mind it either.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
how long will you be available to smash tomorrow? cuz my friend is coming over at 6 and we're probably going to have a smashfest at my friend's house by the u of a ( and we're gonna be passing INFERNO DIVIDER!! around there lol)

Top Bottom