• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

Falcoty

Smash Apprentice
I don't know the truth or falsity of the statements made, I'm simply repeating them.

I think they're probably also a bit salty that they didn't think of what hosting tournaments would mean for smash. Costs electric, takes up space, more people to deal with, etc. So this time around they're trying to CYA better. Sucks for us, but... (see Tony's post ;))

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Thats just plain ********. Gamers' Inn hasn't complained before, but I definately don't think its a Melee bias. Also, I think 6hour time frame is just plain dumb. For once, Phoenix Melee and Brawl are agreeing at something.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
yeah, if they give brawl that much of a time frame, they'll lose even more business than they already think they are.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
The venue fee is understandable but then the time frame thing is gunna mess things up for brawl tourneis. A brawl tourney ending under 6 hours...... Thats unheard of!

Corigames

Smash Hero
Personally, I don't have a problem with it as long as we are treated respectfully while maintaining their conditions. I don't mind paying $5 to cover venue and the pot, plus we would be in a place designed for gamers to hang out. If we could consistently hold a time slot and have enough people to always show up, then I don't think they'll have too many legitimate objections. That said, they sound like the kind of people that wouldn't enjoy overhearing, "GET YO *** WHOOPED! SUCK THAT ****! OH OHH OHHHHHHHHH! TAI IS GETTING OFF ALL OVER YOUR FACE!" We might get more people interested, but only because they thought our SBM was S&M.

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I wouldnt mind paying a $3 venue fee if they treated us better. They said they would advertise our tournament info on their boards for upcoming events but never have. They dont reserve tables for us like they do for other events because at times we have to wait for card players to leave the table to be closer together. Also we are by a freaking bathroom that never has toilet paper, paper towels, soap and a damn toilet seat. We have had new people start playing brawl with us because they randomly came in and saw people playing brawl. If it was on their boards it would help melee and brawl communities as well as Gamer's Inn business.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Thats just plain ********. Gamers' Inn hasn't complained before, but I definately don't think its a Melee bias. Also, I think 6hour time frame is just plain dumb. For once, Phoenix Melee and Brawl are agreeing at something.
It's not Melee bias. We never told him we were playing Melee specifically.

Falcoty

Smash Apprentice
Also the 6 hour time frame wasn't intended to apply for brawl. I said we know about the brawl scene and wanted to do something similar. Where is this assumption that we'd have to do it side by side coming from? lol

Six hours is enough for a melee tournament because our matches don't take 5 minutes. A 5 minute match in melee is campy peach vs. campy puff on dreamland, and we never see that matchup anymore

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Tournaments for any game shouldn't take 6 hours or more anyways. Whenever Arcade in a Box ran/runs Brawl stuff they finish HELLA quick from what Marvin tells me. There's no excuse for how late we ALWAYS finish whatever the smash game may be. We play too many friendlies and don't just get the matches done.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Likw GoVikings said, they don't really treat us the best Just about every time we've had a tourney they told us there would be enough room. There never is until later. We have set-ups strewn across tables amongst card players sometimes. They also don't leave until the late afternoon/early evening. They definitely inconvenience us there.

They've also on occasion told us there was enough room, during a card tourney, and threw us into that smalls space by the computer area. We get pretty good turnouts and have a good amount of tv's, and it doesn't work well in that spot of the store for Brawl.

Their bathrooms are gross. No paper towels/toilet paper/soap EVER.
^This obviously applies to everyone who uses the building, so they really don't treat everyone the best.

Light_

Smash Apprentice
Six hours is enough for a melee tournament because our matches don't take 5 minutes. A 5 minute match in melee is campy peach vs. campy puff on dreamland, and we never see that matchup anymore
You forgot Peach vs. Peach. Remember when Axe and I were doing a Peach ditto? It went to time even though both of us were being aggressive and not running away. Peach dittos are such bull ****!

Falcoty

Smash Apprentice
You forgot Peach vs. Peach. Remember when Axe and I were doing a Peach ditto? It went to time even though both of us were being aggressive and not running away. Peach dittos are such bull ****!
You're right Brad. I forgot to vomit on myself while brushing my teeth with excrement. (Reminiscing what Peach dittos feel like)

<3 Brad

Top Bottom