• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
out of curiosity, who won between kyle and xander the last time they played?

btw, is coty/okamiBW debatable?

coty's never beaten xander or kyle
okami's never beaten kyle (i think)

okami's beaten me a few times
coty hasn't beaten me in a set even remotely relevant to today

coty lost to angel (i think)
okami beat angel

but coty is like 2-0 or 3-0 against okami

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
out of curiosity, who won between kyle and xander the last time they played?

btw, is coty/okamiBW debatable?

coty's never beaten xander
okami's never beaten kyle (i think)

okami's beaten me a few times
coty hasn't beaten me in a set even remotely relevant to today

coty lost to angel (i think)
okami beat angel

but coty is like 2-0 or 3-0 against okami
Hmm, for reasons of certain things being older I might go with Coty being higher for now? Like when Angel beat Coty was when Coty was JUST first coming back. And Angel came really close to beating Rob too so I'm sure now Coty would beat him as well. Okami has better record vs Xander but that's also in the past before Xander kinda skyrocketed in improvement.

It's not like it matters a whole lot anyways since I'm pretty sure everyone agrees between ranks 5-8 is all pretttty close in skill and that it often times just simply comes down to who likes what matchup more.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Hmm, for reasons of certain things being older I might go with Coty being higher for now? Like when Angel beat Coty was when Coty was JUST first coming back. And Angel came really close to beating Rob too so I'm sure now Coty would beat him as well. Okami has better record vs Xander but that's also in the past before Xander kinda skyrocketed in improvement.

It's not like it matters a whole lot anyways since I'm pretty sure everyone agrees between ranks 5-8 is all pretttty close in skill and that it often times just simply comes down to who likes what matchup more.
now that i look at what i posted, okami's record still looks better overall
coty's main redemption is his 2-0/3-0 record against okami

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Rob beat me once at a smashfest round robin we had. He's never beaten me in a regular tournament though...

I also beat Xander at the last tournament we had before this one.

At this tournament, Xander beat me in Winner's, but in the rematch in Loser's, I took him out when it really mattered. Which is why I justify being above him, and I also beat Okami 2-0 in the Swiss part.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
yeah i got you

i agree that you came out stronger at this tourney, but i asked because if he beat you last time, it's a little more debatable. but if you beat him last time AND this time, then i think it's harder to debate anything lol.

plus you've never lost to okami at a monthly, which has to count for something... anything

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Kyle and I are effectively tied IMO. We're both 2-2.

I'm 3-1 vs okami for the 2011 season.

Also for measure 9 and 10 should be nicknyte and Spencer respectively unless Jackie and Taj want to **** the rankings.

:phone:

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Yea, give me both 9 and 10.

Not like the full list is active anyway. /troll

Besides that, I am the n00bgate. No one below me is good/cares enough. And/Or.

BTW, October 8th is Nyte Lyte 1. I wanna know how it feels to run a tournament again. :p U of A, same place. Yadayada.

Also, I know this is the same week as Devastation, but since there is mainly a Brawl tournament up there, most melee folk prolly might go for the other fighting games, but, if anything, if enough people object to the tournament, I will bump the tournament a week after it

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=311043

AXE 09

Smash Master
1. Dark Shifter
8. Dark Shifter
9. Dark Shifter
10. Dark Shifter

questions?
I think this is the most accurate list tbh.

Lol but seriously =P

Wobbles should definitely be above me, and I would put Taj above me too if he would actually enter tournaments! Darn it Tony lol

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Whichever everyone agrees to on an updated PR, seems everyone agrees like on top 4. which is

1. Wobbles
2. Axe
3. GG7
4. Tai

I'll leave the rest up to you guys... finally w/rankings being actually "active" again.. I'll put more time and effort/ideas into all of this... Rankings were dead for a while... good to know everything's back

Also from what I understand

Myself, Jackie, Taj will NOT be included in these, rankings wise, My decision hasn't changed on them, and I'm sure Tony's Jackie's haven't either.. but i'll wait for their responses..

Corigames

Smash Hero
I will be mentioned on this list again.
Soon.
Sooner than you think.
Watch out people on the low end. Keep sharp people on the top.
I'm coming.
Every day I play I'm getting more energy tanks... more missile upgrades... faster speed boots...
The Hunter is planetside once again, and intend to beat every one of you boss battles.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Spencer is going to drop Melee so he can pursue his dream career of being a male model for American Eagle

Light_

Smash Apprentice
Haha, that's what kept popping up in my head whenever I saw "AE" because I never cared to look up what AE was.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer

I think this is the most accurate list tbh.

Lol but seriously =P

Wobbles should definitely be above me, and I would put Taj above me too if he would actually enter tournaments! Darn it Tony lol
You're both better than me, I just have a good understanding of how to deal with ICs.

I think I'm gonna **** up the rankings now. Put me on the list at third. I'm going to enter tournies again... on my own terms. I'm slowly sorting things out now.

I also demand Taj's better rule or Genesis 2 rules at AZ tourneys from now on.

#OKBYE

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Taj's Better Rule: Your stage ban can either be used against every counterpick stage or a single neutral stage.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
MOBILE C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER.

Anyway, I am 9th, forever. Whoever holds the 9th spot in this state is the N00bgate. I will assert this next tournament.

Falcoty

Smash Apprentice
So Tai and I just had a discussion with the owner (I think) of Gamer's Inn in Mesa. It looks like we have a green light for running tournaments with some conditions.

There will probably be a 3$ Venue Fee.
We may be time limited to 6 or so hours.

I'm pretty confident that I could get a singles tourney done in < 6 hours, but I think on non-busy day's this won't be an issue.

Phoenix, who's in?!

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
What the ****!!?? A venue fee?? We host Brawl tournaments there for free all the time without any time restrictions.

They hate the Melee community

Falcoty

Smash Apprentice
Yes well... they also expressed their dislike for the brawlers' free use of their facilities.

It's not that we got *****, it's more that they have understandable objections to lots of people coming into their store for free, using their space/electricity, and not generating any business. They had some legitimate complaints about the brawlers, so we completely understood why they'd want to charge.

Top Bottom