• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Tai I live about 15 minutes from ASU and will offer you housing for the low payment of doing all my math homework and tutoring me before tests.

AXE 09

Smash Master
WAIT A SEC!

Joey, you got to play Hax!?!?!? Ah you're so lucky wtf Joey!! Well what happened? Tell us your story!

forward

Smash Champion
I just thought of something. If Axe is placed higher than me because he's placed higher at OOS tourneys than I have then how can I ever raise above him? Would the only way to place above him be to go to the same OOS tourney and place higher than him?

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
You can win locally, and beat more high-level players. If you never travel, it is simply less evidence and less points toward your individual ranking.
It would be like playing on a ladder and going 10-1 against Axe and a few other good players, but Axe goes 125-20 against everyone and 10 of those losses came from you.

Ultimately, if more evidence shows that you win 70% more against Axe, but Axe consistently beats everyone else on the planet but you don't beat quite as many top players, Axe would receive more points toward his ranking. If that makes sense. It's like that one brief time where you decided to place me at 1st in AZ because I won AZOne and beat Ken and Chu Dat at Ken's biweekly, even though you would still beat me. At the time, even if it were a short while, I just won more events.

You could beat the crap out of Axe in two more local tourneys after that, and eventually you would be #1 again until Axe goes and beat everyone in the country at another national tournament or something until you either do the same, or you beat out of staters that Axe couldn't beat, or something to that effect.

I hope that makes sense.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
nah, cheyne graduated

now he's the second best player at U of A (i think)

speaking of graduating

I'm going to college about a year from now, and I'm very probably going to ASU Main. Idk if I'm gonna live at home or near/on-campus, but if I move out from home, I would really like to live with a smasher. Would anyone want to move in with me if I do? (roughly one year from now)
if you move out?

seems like commuting from north phoenix would be a huge pain.

tw1n

Smash Champion
I just thought of something. If Axe is placed higher than me because he's placed higher at OOS tourneys than I have then how can I ever raise above him? Would the only way to place above him be to go to the same OOS tourney and place higher than him?
Go to Apex. Do great. And then that may help. Although i know financially, going to Apex is not easy :(

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Unless your parents pay for everything, you'd save yourself a lot of work and stress by staying with them. I moved out because my mom was nosy as **** and a cockblock, so working full-time with school is worth it for me jaja.

Pandaxen

Smash Cadet
Just forget about the whole, stupid, controversial power rankings. It doesn't really make us sound like a good community, but more like savage wolves fighting over the position of the alpha male and telling everybody else that they aren't as good as you. Why don't we just play some smash like normal americans, and have a good time without having to worry about whether or not you'll be number 1 in the next rankings. Isn't that what Smash is all about? I mean if you were going to get into smash just to be the best player in arizona, then that makes it no fun, right? D:

tw1n

Smash Champion
The problem is, AZ is one of the head melee states. Easily in the top 5 of the US in terms of over all power and awesomeness.

So being on top of that is an accomplishment. It is something to push for and try to achieve.

Then again, I also agree that just having fun and playing melee is also very satisfying haha

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
The problem is, AZ is one of the head melee states. Easily in the top 5 of the US in terms of over all power and awesomeness.
As much as I feel like I should disagree with you...

That's.... actually..... true.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
socal and norcal are in the same state.

uhhh...
1. California
2/3. Florida, Tri-state
4/5. (pick 2) Arizona, MD/VA, Texas (?)

going off of STATES and not groups of states that ACT like a state....
1. California
2. Florida
3. New York
4/5. Arizona, Texas (?)

TX has DoH, Robbles (even though he's AZ at heart), Darkrain, Xelic (if he still plays), FastLikeTree, Caveman, and SOS. I think ARC moved away from there, though.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
ok

Texas has DoH, Robbles (even though he's AZ at heart), Darkrain, Xelic (if he still plays), FastLikeTree, Caveman, and SOS. I think ARC moved away from there, though.

North Carolina has Dr. PeePee and LoZR

Ohio has some people... Drephen... Vidjo.... mostly just old people who are pretty rusty and some new "good" people like 4% APR.

Tri-state has Eggm, HBK, Hax, Hazz, Jman, DJ Nintendo, Lambchops, SwiftBass, Teczero, Vanz....

MD/VA has Plank, Boss, Chu, Chillin, Redd, Tope, Doll, Cyrain... idk who else

AXE 09

Smash Master
I'm not sure if you guys would be interested in this or not... But I guess just if you're curious or something lol

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=282416

You definitely don't have to read any of that, but those are just my opinions on stuff and what I've experienced throughout the smash community up until this point. I know that there's a bunchload of text though, so if it's really boring to you, you don't have to bother.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
nah, cheyne graduated

now he's the second best player at U of A (i think)

speaking of graduating

I'm going to college about a year from now, and I'm very probably going to ASU Main. Idk if I'm gonna live at home or near/on-campus, but if I move out from home, I would really like to live with a smasher. Would anyone want to move in with me if I do? (roughly one year from now)
Tucson .

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Just forget about the whole, stupid, controversial power rankings. It doesn't really make us sound like a good community, but more like savage wolves fighting over the position of the alpha male and telling everybody else that they aren't as good as you. Why don't we just play some smash like normal americans, and have a good time without having to worry about whether or not you'll be number 1 in the next rankings. Isn't that what Smash is all about? I mean if you were going to get into smash just to be the best player in arizona, then that makes it no fun, right? D:
i don't know bro. all this talk about power rankings makes me and my friends want to play again.

i guess, i have a capitalist mentality when it comes to smash.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
hey tai i have to disagree AZ is actually alot better than new york. the only really good players there are hax and jman. hax said this himself.
oh, really?

idk, i guess all regions look worse from inside :laugh:

does anyone really fear AZ like they fear NY and stuff? i don't really see it.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Visiting AZ and desperate for some Melee!

Hey there. I'm going to be in Prescott valley, and I'll be available for a few days maybe, and I want to try and smash some with AZ melee players.

I can't really travel, so you would have to come to me haha D:

PM me if you're interested! =)

PS. I play Melee only, sorry. ):

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
oh, really?

idk, i guess all regions look worse from inside :laugh:

does anyone really fear AZ like they fear NY and stuff? i don't really see it.
hmmmmmm i dont know tai. well they fear forward, taj, jeff, and wobbly lol some fear tim. ummmmm theres a upcoming player named nando here hes alright he uses falcon. he was getting ***** by hazz. i dont really know how good hazz is i didnt play him. yeah new york does have pretty bad players. its different here like the nubbish people here lack intelligence but have all the tech skill. like they dont know stuff like you can up throw marth at high percent with falcon and get a knee.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
hmmmmmm i dont know tai. well they fear forward, taj, jeff, and wobbly lol some fear tim. ummmmm theres a upcoming player named nando here hes alright he uses falcon. he was getting ***** by hazz. i dont really know how good hazz is i didnt play him. yeah new york does have pretty bad players. its different here like the nubbish people here lack intelligence but have all the tech skill. like they dont know stuff like you can up throw marth at high percent with falcon and get a knee.
well, like, i always thought that a bunch of the other NY players are scary good too

like, Tag$, DJ, and stuff. I thought they were super good cuz I saw them on YouTube lol

Like, I meant, do people really fear our non-proven players like a lot of people do for them.

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
well, like, i always thought that a bunch of the other NY players are scary good too

like, Tag$, DJ, and stuff. I thought they were super good cuz I saw them on YouTube lol

Like, I meant, do people really fear our non-proven players like a lot of people do for them.
hmmmmm well they dont really know any of us except you and me now lol uhhhh not trying to sound cocky for once but seriously some people fear me now cause when i played jman i did pretty **** stuff and hax says im better than G$ maybe. and tag$ isnt good lol i dont think eggm is good at all he almost lost to a random player in long island in a MM that shouldnt happen lol and apparently dj is not that good according to hax. hax says that the only real pros there are him and jman but he takes the word "pro" very strictly so i dont know and if im already considered to be 6th best here when i was 7th in AZ theres a problem lol

Top Bottom