• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
www.gamestop.com/smash

I heard they are 1 minute matches and you can only use the starting roster and the wiimote only....GAY

hm, good thing i main Pit. i guess i'll start practicing with that Wii Mote. checking out official rules now...

doesnt say anything about items but i will be going to it lol. i hink its dumb that as a 17 year old who will be driving myself, i need my parents to sign a form or something. dumb

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
Fox was only spiked by the dair because 1) he reacted slow and 2) SD'd with the fair. Its not much stronger than it was in melee as a spike, and is easy to recover from.

The shine spike is easier to recover from as well, especially if a character has a remaining jump. And trust me, the hitbox on the shine is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy smaller than in melee, but it is still possible to interrupt recoveries with it if they don't hit the edge.

(I have the game lol)

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
So other Tucson people, which Gamestop tournaments are you going to go to? I don't want to have to play someone from smashboards in the first round.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I played Brawl at GDC. **** it. I'm just not going to play unless MetaKnight is banned or some other crappy stuff is instated.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
metaknight isn't that bad. he's certainly no worse than fox in melee. you just have to know how to fight characters different than in melee where you could basically fight any character with a certain style.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
haha. man you did really good for your first time playing

AXE WON HIS FIRST BRAWL MATCH! how many times did you get the smash ball? like 3? Your pikachu is coming back for brawl, with a more broken dsmash LOL

forward

Smash Champion
LOL that picture is way too good.

Gamer you need to calm down you sound way too cocky about brawl I think I need to give you a reality check.

Cutmet and Phillipe: How about this wednesday for some smash?

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
give me a reality check by coming over and beating me on it lol.

That picture of Light and Dark was so funny lol.

edit/ Where have light and dark been on here? I know light never posted a lot but i thought Dark did...

Vat- Zero

Smash Journeyman
GOOOP!!!!1 That PIC is too good!!!!!!! I give you praise, my friend. I see theres a little Vat- Zero in Goop. I am pleased.

AZenith

Smash Apprentice
umm, i can play anytime after 3pm on wednesday if that works. Cutmet, you said you live right next to Old Spanish Trail? Are you allowed to have people over to your house? Because Gamer and I wanted to play Brawl sometime this next weekend before the gamestop stuff and were trying to find someplace in between our houses to go and you live near Old Spanish Trail which would be perfecT!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
Yeah, I'd be bringing it over to your house if you're not too far because I live on camino loma alta pretty close to spanish trail, we can get some decent training in before that (crappy) gamestop tourney

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
Hey Forward I might be able to come based on the time and place.

And AZenith about using my house I'm not really sure, my parent's are pretty strict about having people come over. Let me check and I'll inform you on what happens. But there is a PnT tournament happening this weekend which I kind of want to go to.
Tourney link I just found out about it a little while ago. So maybe we could go to that first then go back to my house?

forward

Smash Champion
LOL Ruben don't be emo we can always play

Cutmet you are going to el con this sat? I am going to the foothills mall tourney, maybe I'll see you in the finals ;)

Gamer: I am at broadway and harrison probably untill tomorrow, perhaps we can play tomorrow.

For now the smashfest is set at my house this wednesday at 4pm. Bring TV's and cubes plz. Everyone is invited. That means Elvis and Joel and everyone else. If you guys can put the word out, plz do :)

AZenith

Smash Apprentice
yeah I already signed up for that tourney too Cutmet. Me and Gamer were thinking about playing probably on Sunday but Saturday could work too after the tourney, would have to check with Gamer.

Sean, i'm going to get into the finals and then beat you and win the WII, sorry :D

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
Forward can you please give me a full address to your place? Alright Sunday is really a maybe since I don't know if my parents would be home that day. And Saturday is a maybe too, so I could ask for Sunday if you guys want. We can talk about it more on Wednesday if I go.

Edit:And I heard the tourney was single elimination which makes me sad.
Edit2:It would be cool if I saw you in the finals Forward but with Phillipe (I think that's AZenith's name) going to El Con as well I probably won't make it. But if I place second I get a Nintendo plushie of my choice!

Top Bottom