• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
History would cease to exist, causing the time continuum to consist of only the present and possibly the future. A lot of cities, songs, bands, and Norsemen would vanish as well ...

[COLLAPSE="Nit-Picky"]
and every building in tucson will only have one-floor
No, they still wouldn't be able to have a ground floor, because that would make them "one-story buildings." Depending on how Jackie defines a "story," they could have basements, though. I've never heard of a "two-story building with a basement" being called a "three-story building." 8D[/COLLAPSE]

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
For those who haven't noticed, I've been putting an active effort into bettering myself. Not countong obvious things like school, working out, and dieting, I have also been trying to improve my attitude.

Let's skip the formalities. I know just about everyone here has some sort of beef with me, and it would really improve everyone's lives if they could just outright say what it is about me thet dislike and would like to see change.

:phone:

Ch3s

Smash Journeyman
For those who haven't noticed, I've been putting an active effort into bettering myself. Not countong obvious things like school, working out, and dieting, I have also been trying to improve my attitude.

Let's skip the formalities. I know just about everyone here has some sort of beef with me, and it would really improve everyone's lives if they could just outright say what it is about me thet dislike and would like to see change.

Not gonna lie, from seeing your posts I thought you would be a lot more emotional about losing or when people teased you. The thing is, I could tell you genuinely have fun playing melee and you didn't really john or get upset even if you lost. I think everyone cares a lot more about whether you are fun to play/be around and as long as you love the game and don't bring any unnecessary negativity people will like you, I know I certainly will. Also don't worry so much other people noticing whether or not you've changed, if you notice and believe you have changed, eventually other people will notice too. Except the haters, cause haters gonna hate.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
A few years ago, or even months ago it would have bothered me. Sometimes I do still get upset, especially when I cause my own losses.

I want to become a more likable person for several reasons. I don't have a social life, or any friends in Tucson who want to hang outside of smash, and I'd really like it if the Tucson players actually enjoyed playing with me rather than dreading the ear **** of constant tech skill Johns.

iFrostyy

Smash Cadet
Zander- Although I don't got on the boards enough to actually know how bad you were (outside of this thread anyways). I have noticed a change in attitude however. You seem much more positive and less of a troll. I mean there is always some room for improvement, but do know that everyone can tell that you are changing as a person, and that we are all proud of you for trying to better yourself.

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
Idk, you've always cheered for me (or rather, my Link) and have never johned about tech skill against me. Granted, I've only been to three tourneys in Tuscon, but I don't have any beef with you.

We should extend the PR to 15.
^That, or else start kicking people off the PR for not playing in AZ tourneys. I understand some really good players have legitimate johns, and I definitely would not feel too comfortable removing people like Wobbles and Axe from the top of the PR where they belong, but the players who actively play deserve some recognition too, imo.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Tony and Chris should probably be taken off after the next....two tournaments? I was going to say the next one but it wouldn't seem to do an update after only the next one.

All I know is that if we take people off and stuff Coty is going to SKYROCKET in rank haha good **** man.

Falcoty

Smash Apprentice
@Xander - We've noticed, and we appreciate it very much. You've come a long way in a relatively short time, and it shows.

I agree with frosty on having top 15 if we're going to keep inactive players on the PR. There are several other players that deserve recognition (Angel, Frosty, Corey, and Girku imo). At the very least we should have some kind of objective clause that states something like "have to have attended at least one tournament in the last three months", which I think is a pretty reasonable minimum for those who can't come often or are really far away.

Falcoty

Smash Apprentice
Accidental double post is accidental.

I'd like to take this opportunity to say something I've been pondering for w few days now. In truth, I really enjoyed not having the elite four in the last two tournies murdering our brackets. I like being able to look at the bracket and not see ridiculously dominant players. You might say that that's silly because a) they're still better and b) their absence hurts our getting better by not getting the experience against them, and you would be right. But I don't think I'm alone in thinking that, while it's amazing to watch them play, and a true learning experience (not to mention that they're all awesome human beings that are equally amazing to be around), there's a certain amount of despair that comes with it. A small part of me would rather I forfeit a match against Rob or Tony than be decimated. I never have done this and never will, this is just so you'll understand how awful it can feel (I've never even quit out of a match when really behind, because I think it's important to take the loss in stride as much as possible.)

I have no actionable takeaway in mind as I write this, unless it is that the top players will gain some empathy for those below them. But for many of them that isn't necessary, as I can still remember it when I was able to four stock some of the players above me, so they will of course remember what that feels like. And I hope that up and coming players who are still not quite there (Tai, Kyle, Okami, and Xander), will remember and have some compassion for those who still have a ways to go.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
It'd be cool to have Jeff Tony and Robbles all at one tourney so that I don't place 9th after 7 months of not playing ;D :p

AXE 09

Smash Master
You know that actually sounds pretty cool to me too :)

*Reminiscing '07 - '08 when I only dreamed of becoming a top AZ player*

*Just got done watching a ton of old vids from 2 - 3 years ago*

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I would highly consider putting Chris on that list. Dude deserves it.

Also I've really enjoyed not having the elite four as well. It gives me more of a chance to fight new players which is always fun. I don't like fighting axe/Chris second round of bracket EVERY ****ING TIME!

Good stuff to Cori, and Coty. Keep holding it down.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
I would highly consider putting Chris on that list. Dude deserves it.

Also I've really enjoyed not having the elite four as well. It gives me more of a chance to fight new players which is always fun. I don't like fighting axe/Chris second round of bracket EVERY ****ING TIME!

Good stuff to Cori, and Coty. Keep holding it down.
He arguably isn't far ahead enough of Tai to be there really. If he's there then Tai should be there too but I know if I said it as Tai that people wouldn't like that so why should they want it as Chris either?

Anyways the legends thing is kinda cool but maybe just put that for Sean and Tony because I don't know how Tai would feel about being #1 on the next update(in consideration to Chris not going to stuff but who knows how it'd go if he did). Besides having Jeff and Rob makes it something of a goal to shoot for in the future.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Why not do the PR like the tier list?
Have S, A, B, and C rank. People of respective rank are on the same "level" and are organized in a heigherarchy within those ranks. For example, the "legends" would be S rank, Tai/whoever could be A, GG7/Kyle could be B, Okami/Ruby/Coty coulb be C. This way you still have a ranking from top to bottom, but it is more easy to understand the gap in ability due to rank levels.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
@Panelist, i've already spoken to Tai, do you guys want me to update the PR? If so, PM me your thoughts or perhaps, we can have q quick chat session to put new rankings in order.. :)

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
To me it'd be like(these are no particular order btw)

S: Taj,Wobbles,Axe,Forward
A: Chris and Tai
B: Kyle,Xander,Coty,Okami,Angel
C: Elvis,Girku,Frosty,Corey

Something like that at least.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Eef is better than Frosty, too. The brothers are hella legit.
Also b tier would look like Kyle, Coty, me, okami, angel. Coty's proven himself vs me. I have a mild record lead vs Okami to justify being above.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Eef is better than Frosty, too. The brothers are hella legit.
Also b tier would look like Kyle, Coty, me, okami, angel. Coty's proven himself vs me. I have a mild record lead vs Okami to justify being above.

So apparently you missed the part where I said they were in "no particular order" -.-

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
AZ legends idea = not happening... I'm sure Taj/Forward/Axe/Wobbles all are honored by it... but the idea in general is stupid...

To be blunt, they are 4 players that are better than most of us... not 4 players that you can never surpass.. the idea is pure "nonsense" that's my opinion on it...

I can add many more reasons if need be, if this "honestly" needs to be debated..

@Jeff - also shhhhh, I've already told you what they secretly want, that doesn't mean you need to do it... If they care about getting better, then your presence will not make a difference.. just a stepping stool for them to get past..

Also "legends" concept should be great players we've had anyway... those aren't the only 4 players AZ's had... but it's ok.. most of you forget anyway, so not like it'd matter..

Light? Omar? Trevyn? Eggm? Hanki? B-Will?

Jackie, GG7, Tai, SK, Ruby, Coty, etc will be breaking that barrier soon, and becoming the new breed...

I myself have been up there.. I was better than Tai, GG7, Jackie, Axe, for the longest time as well i'm talking years... the idea is stupid...

ANYONE with the right motive can get there...

Jane

Smash Hero
what about the ~5 players that most people agree deserve recognition, and attend tournies more regularly than the legendaries, generally speaking?

if the legends idea gets rejected, at least extend it to a top 15

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
what about the ~5 players that most people agree deserve recognition, and attend tournies more regularly than the legendaries, generally speaking?

if the legends idea gets rejected, at least extend it to a top 15
Taj, GG7, will be removed from the rankings anyway, I will extend the "honorable mentions section" to prolly 3 or 4, so in a sense.. more will be added... but w/that idea...

Nearly everyone in AZ will be on it, (which im sure would make everyone "feel" good), but it's a "Power Rankings" if everyone's on it... why even have it?

Top Bottom