• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

Shashin

Smash Apprentice
Ahh, I see.

Well, kudos. I'm a senior in highschool right now, and I go to Tempe High. **** that place with all the fires in hell!

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
It's been ages since I've seen you. Must be....over 10 months or something. There were some good times...

Shashin

Smash Apprentice
Well, if you didn't live so far away, I could definitely play you more. I don't drive yet, otherwise I would drive to wherever you lived to play you. Your fox vs. my ness were some pretty fun matches. ^_^

Chaser_Racer

Smash Rookie
Hey AZ Smashers.

Old school smahser here, new to the boards. I'm startin to smash again before brawl comes out. I'll be on the lookout for tourneys, like SAST2 I'm hittin up. I placed 10th outta 200 in Chicago in '04, hopefully I haven't gone rusty.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Hey, I'm #1 in state, but the dumb power rankers fail to acknowledge it. So, in order to play against me, you are going to have to 1 v1 MM those below me including Taj, Wobbles, and Forward.

CHUK

Smash Ace
Goop next time you are having a Smashfest PM me or call me.

EDIT: Is anyone up for smash on Sunday? I am free ALL day and I need the practice. I can get a ride to your place most likely.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
Hey AZ Smashers.

Old school smahser here, new to the boards. I'm startin to smash again before brawl comes out. I'll be on the lookout for tourneys, like SAST2 I'm hittin up. I placed 10th outta 200 in Chicago in '04, hopefully I haven't gone rusty.
lol coming to my tourney and you don't even post in my thread so i can add you to attendance? scrubtacular o.o jjjjjkkkk but srsly post in the thread so i can keep track of ****.

Anyone know the next tourney in AZ after the Tucson tourney?
just come to the tucson one lol, a bunch of socal already is. i don't think there's any AZ tournies planned after mine except the brawl one in december and STB's weeklies

Lesheik

Smash Lord
lol coming to my tourney and you don't even post in my thread so i can add you to attendance? scrubtacular o.o jjjjjkkkk but srsly post in the thread so i can keep track of ****.

just come to the tucson one lol, a bunch of socal already is. i don't think there's any AZ tournies planned after mine except the brawl one in december and STB's weeklies
I don't have a ride from them, they don't have enough room. -______-;

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
lol just sit on mango's lap or something. i'm just kidding, but i dunno :( gather more socal to carpool and go together i guess...

P

pomx8

just come to the Tucson one lol, a bunch of social already is. i don't think there's any AZ tournies planned after mine except the brawl one in December and STB's weeklies
Wait December brawl tourney?
I haven't heard of this, Where? When? Whos?

Light_

Smash Apprentice
Isai was, he was playing Ganondorf and didn't seem to care that he lost or the outcomes of the battle. I think I beat Chillen fair though.

pntchandler

Smash Rookie
Smash 64 at Play N Trade Chandler, AZ

Smash 64 (Teams)

Tournament Rules

•Double Elimination
•All matches are best of 3, with finals best of 5.
•5 stock, 10 min Time limit
•Team Attack ON
•No excessively STALLING a match! If caught doing so, you will be asked to stopped with a warning. If you continue to do so, you will forfeit the match. Not sure if Wobbling exists in 64 but that's a big NO as well.
•Ties broken by lives/percentage
•Items OFF

•Stages/Characters:
••Stages available: Peach's Castle, Hyrule Temple, Saffron City, Dreamland and Congo Jungle.
••If a player plays Ness, he may demand a repick if Saffron City is selected as a random stage, however if the opponent is the loser he has the right it counter-pick Saffron City.
••All other stages banned
••First round stage is random unless players can agree upon a stage
•Val's Stupid Rule - No stage may be played twice within a set.
•Advanced Slob Picks - Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go to random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters
•Double Blind may be called in the first match

--You are responsible to BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER.
--No 3rd party controllers with programmed buttons or turbo. First party only..

*Both sets of rules are subject to change at ANYTIME

A message from Sensei:

We've done Meee previously. I've decided to try 64 for this month and so far we've had great feedback on this one. Currently, I have 4 systems and 3 copies of the game.
Please try to help us out and bring setups! N64 system , SSB64 This will help our tournament run a lot smoother. Thanks!

Tournament starts at noon (sharp!) Sign up times 11am-11:45am
Pre-registation: $10 per person (In store only)
At the door: $15 per person

You can also pay your way with TRADES!!! Trade in game(s) equal to or greater than $10 value. Also, trades go toward store credit which can be used for future tourneys. We can take that credit out over the phone as pre-registration. We will not process trades on DAY OF the tournament. It's too chaotic, as some of you already know.

Grand prize: $100 Store credit (per team)
2nd place: $50 store credit (per team)
3rd place: $25 store credit (per team)

As always, tournament participants receive 20% off used games and accessories. Bring your hard-earned savings and TRADE for store credit.

Also, check the site for upcoming tourneys for October and drop us an email if you want to be notified of future events and specials. We send a monthly mailing.

www.playntrade.com/chandler
480-726-PLAY

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
Isai was, he was playing Ganondorf and didn't seem to care that he lost or the outcomes of the battle. I think I beat Chillen fair though.
***** you can't even spell "chillin" right lol

but HOLY **** i'm impressed that you beat him. no wonder you ***** my fox that one time lol

Chaser_Racer

Smash Rookie
Appologizes GG7. I'm gonna play someone around here that's going and see if they recommend me to participate. Until then, mind if I do some spectating? I see you're in need of TV's I could probably help.

AXE 09

Smash Master
hey maxxxpower, those were some great games man! same with coty and... crap, i forgot his name. but whoever that other guy was that let us stay at his house lol. thanks for meeting up with me, all three of you guys:)

Eggz

Smash Hero
Light looks like Silent Wolf.
But is modest.
I think he could be bizzaro Silent Wolf

Cuz he plays an untechnical character.
And is modest.
But looks similar.
He should change his name to Silent Light. Or Otto Bisno.
>_> <_< >_>

HEY ARIZONA!

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Light is way too modest. He's quiet and I think that makes him a bit intimidating, but we know he's a pussycat. Great times.

Ronnie

Smash Apprentice
Arizona/Omar, come to a big Houston Tourney Oct 20th, you could stay the 19th-21st if wanted at a nice house for free. Yes, we're that nice.

Goop

Smash Journeyman
Hey... Hey... HEY LISTEN!!

Smashfest at my place this Friday for the Tucson tourney.

Be here no earlier than 6 pm.

I live at 4533 S. Mill Ave. and PARK OUTSIDE the complex

Corigames

Smash Hero
Maybe I can do my stand up comedy act and then make a run for goops before my project lead finds out I'm missing!

CHUK

Smash Ace
Maybe I can do my stand up comedy act and then make a run for goops before my project lead finds out I'm missing!
Do a knock knock joke but when he saids who's there you knock him out with a hammer. If you sweetspot it he will have a concussion and will meteor spike his memory into the trash. GL

Corigames

Smash Hero
Screw that, I'll just do a magic comedy act where I choke while swallowing the sword. Then I'll projectile vomit it onto someone for a tipper and Marth Dair their face out of existance.

On a side note, I'm not going to be able to make it :(

Ty1222

Smash Rookie
I'm from NW Tucson :) Just went to SAST2 and it was my first major tourney. I plan to be much more active in the tourneys and on the boards. :)

Top Bottom