• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

tw1n

Smash Champion
Why do you need a reason to try being a nicer person? Life throws crap at my brother and I all the time. We used to get the living **** beaten out of us constantly for years. Our family is dirt poor and we've had to work for everything. I've been dumped, cheated on and accused of hitting women so that the whole high school would hate me.
Does that make me bitter and hate everyone? No. It made me grow and learn to be nicer.
Every single post of yours at some point insults people. That is why you get zero respect.
You beat Axe once at a local. Good job. But so have many others. Be happy but don't brag as tho you are the only one that has ever done that.

Saying that all women are *****es until they prove you wrong is one of the most rude things I have ever seen! I still am upset because over that.

Maybe try being nicer all the time and people will reciprocate. But non-stop insulting is just going to make everyone hate you more.

:phone:

Corigames

Smash Hero
You are the first person to ridicule me on reading comprehension. I take your data point as an outlier; I disregard your interpretations of my responses, and will until I'm presented enough evidence to the contrary. Secondly, if you think you are the only one who faces daily insults and threats to your life, over just the way you look, you are mistaken. But right now, I'm doing what I shouldn't be doing, which is feeding someone looking for attention with attention.
Lastly:
"...you also fail to realize that it's not in the past, because it's still happening to this day."
I said, "There are plenty of people, even on this board, who are attacked..."
Emphasis:
"...who are attacked..."
Present tense, or, at least that's how I learned it in my high school/middle school/elementary school.
If I were trying to defame someone for their inability to read, I'd make sure that I have myself covered in that department before posting.

Edit:
I'm not stoked. It seems like the smash population of AZ is going to dip dramatically over the next week. Finding people to play with is hard enough as is...

tw1n

Smash Champion
I think I love you Coreygames. Just because of that post haha. It is rare these days to see someone using a larger vocabulary properly. Bravo to you.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Brad and Jeff: If being kind and courteous is all it took, my life would have been completely different, and I wouldn't have the level of infamy I do now. I've mentioned this several times, and it seems that the two of you just seem to ignore that fact. What guarantee do I have that if I try again, things will be different? From what I've seen from the world throughout my lifetime, I see absolutely no evidence supporting that.

All I want people to do is to not disregard the few personal accomplishments I have, and not treat the posts I make as some sort of joke, or troll attempt, and probably the biggest problems I have: Looking for some hidden meaning in my posts that just isn't there, or just completely misinterpreting the content of my posts.

@Corey: You prove to me time and time again that you lack reading skills. Furthermore, you also fail to realize that it's not in the past, because it's still happening to this day.

To the people who think my comment was ridiculous: I have more than enough evidence to prove that nothing I can do will change how people treat me.
Delusional.

Jackie

Smash Journeyman
Can we please just ignore these types of Rubyiris posts that derail the thread? He has too many threads of his own on his topic that you can publicly agree/bash him.

Since I finally finished college, I have time to enter tournaments again. I plan on being active until December at the 10 year mark, then retiring officially. In the mean time, I expect to go try-hard mode all out until then and zip up these rankings ;)

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Or we can keep it within the AZ thread, where it really matters, until it's resolved.

By the way, still waiting for that evidence that changing myself back to the way I was in the past will make any difference. Honestly I have more evidence that being an ******* would have made my life much better the more I think about it. Too bad I can't go back in time. :\

@Twin: Just stop responding to my posts, ok? It's obvious to me that at a core level, we are just incompatible. It is impossible for either of us to see eye to eye and it will make both of our lives easier if we just ignored each other. Something about you and your brother just IRRITATES me at a fundamental level, but I don't know how to really articulate what it is about the two of you that gets to me. Just accept that you have absolutely no understanding of me, my life, or why I am the way I am, stop trying to compare your lives and experiences to mine, and just don't even acknowledge I exist.

@Tony: According to you, I'm an idiot, and I agree with you. I don't think I have the capability to figure out what it is you want me to do, so take that as you will.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Only one thing I would like to comment on;

It is impossible for either of us to see eye to eye and it will make both of our lives easier if we just ignored each other
It seems to me like Twin (I really which I knew which one was which by their real names) is doing what he can to "see eye to eye with you", but you just rebuke all of his attempts and turn away.

Not going to spend time writing more, because if I've learned anything from reading the thread, it'll have absolutely no positive effect on the situation.

Jackie

Smash Journeyman
You derail so many threads with your neediness, get over it. Stop blaming people and learn fully that you bring the most change in your own life. Whining isn't helping. If I see another negative post I'll stop smashing with you, stop giving you advice, and basically just excommunicate you until you grow up, learn to take care of yourself, and stop blaming your past and other people for your current issues. I'm not going to waste any more free time and gas on someone so bitter and hateful. I will not respond to anything else and ignore further posts in regards to this Rubyiris banter to keep this thread on track.

As for the AZ scene, Rob has been the only on really keeping the scene active and he's really Cali. While I appreciate it, if you guys want the smash scene to survive beyond the academic school year, step it up.

Now that I'm coming near my end as is Chris, it's unlikely we'll care enough to bother.

Though there would be less turnout during the summer, that shouldn't stop you from hosting a tournament. The process isn't too different. Set a date and time in advance, bam. Some people will show up, some won't. Don't bother waiting for a magic date where everyone can make it because it won't happen. Just set something, biweekly perhaps, to keep the scene going.

I'm going to spend much less time on the boards, so if you want to contact or notify me something do it via phone or Facebook. Feel free to add me if you already haven't.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Coty, if you can still host that tournament at ASU early August that would be awesome. As much as I'd like to go to Missouri, I'll just have to settle for a local tourney this time around... Unless I win Genesis 2 or something.

If Coty can't host that tourney, then I'll host one either at my house or at Gamer's Inn. I'll work out the details after Genesis though.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I fully support any tournament going on in this state and will provide a full set-up or more if I have to to get it going. Anything. Just ask me... and give me a ride XD

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I give up. If the smash community doesn't want to associate with me anymore, that's cool.

Not like I'll be around much longer anyways.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Only one thing I would like to comment on;

It seems to me like Twin (I really which I knew which one was which by their real names) is doing what he can to "see eye to eye with you", but you just rebuke all of his attempts and turn away.

Not going to spend time writing more, because if I've learned anything from reading the thread, it'll have absolutely no positive effect on the situation.
Try rereading the post. I mentioned that something about the twins just irritates me at a fundamental level. I can't really articulate WHAT it is, but rather than being a **** about it, I figured I'd suggest we just ignore each other, instead of getting into fights.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Anyone in the AZ community that I may have insulted, or irritated: I'm sorry. I may not agree with everything you guys say, or suggest, but please understand that I'm not just arbitrarily disregarding anything you say, even if it SEEMS like it. There are things that people have already suggested, or I have already thought of, and I tend to dismiss things like that. Normally, I don't mean this in a malicious way whatsoever, but recently I have, and that was low of me.

Tony: I'm sorry for insulting Jeff, Kage, and Emily. I've decided to try what AZ has been saying (I say AZ, because much of what you suggested had been previously suggested by Jeff and Jackie) and do my best to change my attitude. I will say now that I often times don't agree with most of what you guys say, but I'm going to make an active effort to be less opinionated about things, and more importantly, not insult people for seeing things differently.

Jeff: I'm sorry for saying you weren't reading what I had to say. You definitely misinterpreted, or just didn't understand some things I had to say, but it was still wrong of me to make assumptions like that.

Tim and Elvis: I've already apologized to the two of you, but in reality, the fact that you guys are still friends is just... astounding. I was definitely the worst to the two of you, and you're the two who got my life back on track. To Tim; I'm really sorry that you were the one who had to deal with my nervous breakdown, and it was low of me to even take it out on you in the first place. I don't ever expect to get your respect back, but it should at least be known that I really appreciate everything you did for me. Without you, I don't think I'd still be alive.

To the Twins: I say **** it. Let's hang out at Genesis. Maybe I can figure out what it is about you two that irritates me, and work towards fixing that, and I'm sorry for insulting your girlfriend.

Cory: I want to say something nice to you, but I just can't. I don't know you, and all I've seen recently is you forming opinions based on little to know knowledge, and it irritates me. I don't want to make enemies, so at some point I'd really like to meet you in person and get to know you.

Falcoty

Smash Apprentice
Courage

Anyone in the AZ community that I may have insulted, or irritated: I'm sorry. I may not agree with everything you guys say, or suggest, but please understand that I'm not just arbitrarily disregarding anything you say, even if it SEEMS like it. There are things that people have already suggested, or I have already thought of, and I tend to dismiss things like that. Normally, I don't mean this in a malicious way whatsoever, but recently I have, and that was low of me.

Tony: I'm sorry for insulting Jeff, Kage, and Emily. I've decided to try what AZ has been saying (I say AZ, because much of what you suggested had been previously suggested by Jeff and Jackie) and do my best to change my attitude. I will say now that I often times don't agree with most of what you guys say, but I'm going to make an active effort to be less opinionated about things, and more importantly, not insult people for seeing things differently.

Jeff: I'm sorry for saying you weren't reading what I had to say. You definitely misinterpreted, or just didn't understand some things I had to say, but it was still wrong of me to make assumptions like that.

Tim and Elvis: I've already apologized to the two of you, but in reality, the fact that you guys are still friends is just... astounding. I was definitely the worst to the two of you, and you're the two who got my life back on track. To Tim; I'm really sorry that you were the one who had to deal with my nervous breakdown, and it was low of me to even take it out on you in the first place. I don't ever expect to get your respect back, but it should at least be known that I really appreciate everything you did for me. Without you, I don't think I'd still be alive.

To the Twins: I say **** it. Let's hang out at Genesis. Maybe I can figure out what it is about you two that irritates me, and work towards fixing that, and I'm sorry for insulting your girlfriend.

Cory: I want to say something nice to you, but I just can't. I don't know you, and all I've seen recently is you forming opinions based on little to know knowledge, and it irritates me. I don't want to make enemies, so at some point I'd really like to meet you in person and get to know you.
This post has it

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer

Finally on the right track towards forgiveness. You better make sure you apologize to Jeff, Kage, Emily, and the Twins directly.

Coty's a pretty chill guy. Too bad a lot of Tucson doesn't like you.
Oh god dammit.

So it also seems to be a judgement problem. We can work on that.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
at least he didn't insult coty directly that time

good stuff, xander
glad to see you working to make a positive change

i'm looking
sean
forward
b
to seeing how this all pans out

Cherished Doll

Smash Master

Thank you sooooo much Ruby.! Means alot dude

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
btw, xander, if you haven't done so yet, i'd recommend making some sort of apology post to the whole smash community, or at least something saying that you're trying to change. even if you may not like them or how they treat you as a whole, but it would be a good idea, especially before genesis.

a lot of drama has been created around you in the midst of all the genesis discussion, so people may treat you badly, avoid you, etc., but if you apologize and tell everyone that you're trying to make a positive change, i'm sure people will be a lot more respectful and socially receptive towards you, and that, imo, will make genesis a LOT more enjoyable as a whole.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Twin (I really which I knew which one was which by their real names)
Lol if you want to call me David then go for it. My brothers name is Kyle.
But hey Twin or Hey you! works just as easily :D

Alright man. Apology accepted from my end and I am fairly sure my brother will say the same. I am up for hanging out a bit at Genesis (although my bro and I tend to be all over the place lol)

Coty's a pretty chill guy. Too bad a lot of Tucson doesn't like you. :(
People don't like Coty.... impossible!

kid tipper

Smash Cadet
Coty's a pretty chill guy. Too bad a lot of Tucson doesn't like you. :(
I actually laughed out loud reading this after reading the other post you just made Xander.

i hope you guys all have a ton of fun at genesis that sounds pretty awesome.

Top Bottom