• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

TAG$

Smash Apprentice
No worries kosuke i have only played a little bit but i am gosu at sc1 hehe

AZ BABY! TOASTY! AXE you need to visit because joey is staying with me over the summer :]

GENESIS 2 HYPE

moogle

Smash Ace
Hi! I'm a Melee/ssb64 player from Alabama, and I'm going on a business trip to Yuma, AZ, for about 3 weeks in March. I probably won't have too much free time (I hear we're working 14 hour days, 6 days a week), and I probably won't have my own car. That said, it's still possible that some Melee or ssb64 could be played. :) I have no idea if there are even smash players in/near Yuma, but I thought it'd be worth a shot!

p.s. I'm PikaChad's roommate, if that gives me any cred. :grin:

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Yuma doesn't really have a scene, and you're a few hours out from Tucson and Phoenix.

There's a few players, though, but they're not on SWF much. I'll give you the phone number of the main/best player there. Check your PMs.

Light_

Smash Apprentice
Good job at Pound 5 AZ people! And an amazing good job to Axe for placing 4th! Axe is too good!
Also I'm proud for Vectorman getting out of pools and into the bracket.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I still stand by that Axe could have gotten second if he had Tony there to support him.

Support aside, Axe was too aggressive against Hbox, and lost literally the same way every game. Both Axe and PP lost sets for the same reason: They landed a hit, and over pursued, and either lost a trade, or was outright beaten.

It's difficult to spot, especially in-game, but not all openings are true openings. Axe vs Hbox, axe would get a hit, attempt a follow-up, and get baired, or utilt-rested.

PP vs armada he would get in a nair or a dair utilt or something and get naired because peach is a silly goose and wasnt actually in hitstun, and is the entire reason why armada won the first set. nearly every set-up armada got was from countering a bad attempted follow-up.

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
Also I'm proud for Vectorman getting out of pools and into the bracket.
screw you jerk! *cries because of my lost to tim which would have made me get into bracket*

I still stand by that Axe could have gotten second if he had Tony there to support him.

Support aside, Axe was too aggressive against Hbox, and lost literally the same way every game. Both Axe and PP lost sets for the same reason: They landed a hit, and over pursued, and either lost a trade, or was outright beaten.

It's difficult to spot, especially in-game, but not all openings are true openings. Axe vs Hbox, axe would get a hit, attempt a follow-up, and get baired, or utilt-rested.

PP vs armada he would get in a nair or a dair utilt or something and get naired because peach is a silly goose and wasnt actually in hitstun, and is the entire reason why armada won the first set. nearly every set-up armada got was from countering a bad attempted follow-up.
oh thanks for that little tid bit i think haha ill keep that in mind next time i play hbox.

You're welcome. Thanks for the Falco practice and for reminding me why Marth is dumb.
lol forward tilt on ic's **** haha btw chivalruse i dont really mind but i was just wondering why do you post in our threads? lol arent you like far away from us?

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
yeah thats how much i suck against ic's hee hee ;) but yeah i lost to vectorman which was the deciding match to see who got out. it sucked though cause i trained him and all. LOL jay-kay other way around lol but yeah i lost :( only cause hes a ******! using stupid low tier characters and me not knowing the MU hmph!

AXE 09

Smash Master
Pound 5 was awesome ^-^

Looks like Vman is the first Yoshi to make it to the bracket at an international tournament. You did one heck of a job repping your character Tim. I'm really proud :)

I was sad watching Tim vs Joey in pools. That was the last match to be played, and it was the deciding factor of who got 3rd seed, and who got 4th. You did really good Joey. Soooooo freakin close to making it into the bracket! You can do it next time though =)

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY TOMMY!!!

LMAO!!! Wow this is freakin hilarious :laugh:

AXE you need to visit because joey is staying with me over the summer :]
Wait what!?!?

forward

Smash Champion
Congrats Jeff!

I really wish I could have seen PP vs Jeff. I kind of agree with Xander about the Hbox. Jeff would have the lead or go even and then get rested the last stock. I noticed Hbox would switch his style on the last stock though and play very conservatively by staying near the ledge and going for more bairs and up tilts.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol or you guys could plan on coming to NM memorial weekend and come camping with us :D

We can smash for a few days and then get away from technology for 4-5 days! Woooh!

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
You should try to bring two Tais.

One of the Andrew Vo variety, one of the Tai-lan Houston variety

;)

DualCats

Smash Ace
coming soon to an arizona near you...

CATS!!!!!!!
ALL TWO OF THEM.

I really want to play with Tucson this time, too. Logistically this might be difficult because, since I'm flying back, I won't have my car with me and I'll be borrowing my parents' car(s) for the time I'm back. :/

Top Bottom