• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

forward

Smash Champion
I agree Taj.

The thing is I used to be the same way. I used to think that playing for a title, and just playing against people that I could try my hardest and get better. I used to think that's the way it is, and for you it may feel like that. But I think it will only take you so far, eventually, you will need an extra motivator.

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
I agree Taj.

The thing is I used to be the same way. I used to think that playing for a title, and just playing against people that I could try my hardest and get better. I used to think that's the way it is, and for you it may feel like that. But I think it will only take you so far, eventually, you will need an extra motivator.
Delicious food is quite the motivator for me ^_^

Vat"O"

Smash Journeyman
Taj, you don't give yourself enough credit, bro. Thanks for clearing things up. Sean, I love your company, especially in T5. I know this topic has been a waste of time, but we gots to talk about something.

Goop

Smash Journeyman
I am going to be out on Friday so no Smashing at my place this week, unless Sam wants to host you guys, which I already know is going to be an lol from him.

Lith17

Smash Rookie
I want to join a smash tournament and I live in the Phoenix area, but the thing is, I just can't find anyone else. Hmm. Hopefully, someone can help me find challenges.

Oh, well. (x.x) woe is me.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
You can't find any challenges? I find that hard to believe. Arizona is filled with competition.

Here's a thread where you can see the competition around you. You should also post your cross streets so other people around you know about you.

The Official Arizona "Where the **** do You Live?" Thread

Another easy way to find competition all in one place is through the Glendale Weeklies hosted by the Sex Train Banditos. This week's is cancelled, but we are on virtually every week. Check us out. We're training for OC3 and can use all the competition we can get.

STB Hosts: Glendale Weeklies

Vat"O"

Smash Journeyman
The STB Training program lets players unleash their potential in a casual John free environment . Its conveniently located in Glendale. Smashers from every part of town stop by to show their talents.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I'm trying to train a guy for OC3 on Marth, but I always end up acting like an *******. I'm trying to teach him everything I know, but he just doesn't absorb it. It is so frustrating. It would be helpful if he caught on so I can do more training by fighting him, but it is still too easy right now, along with basically everyone else who frequents smash at school.

What I'm getting to is, this guy has only played against me and trent as people who are clearly better than him. I NEED to bring him to a "smash social event" sometime between now and August. So, I need to know what is going on. Who's house when, where, and how. Tournament or fest? And if we need to bring stuff.

Please and thanks.

puma

Smash Rookie
hey

Hey i just moved to Mesa, AZ from the Nor Cal region...where are there tournaments or biweeklys that i can find??? someone let me know!!! cuz i've been pretty bored out here for the last week and literally have no friends :(

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol, you guys are too funny.

We can't hang out at Goop's tonight because he's got a "date". A Daaaaaaaaaaaate. Like with a giiiiiiiiirl.... I would assume.... eww....

UDATE: Manny has informed me that if (and by if I mean when) he gets stood up we can smash at his place. So keep in touch. I could use a bit of warm up before the Tucson RR tomorrow.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
lol goop on a date, too funny!! but i doubt i will go to the smash thing cause if i wanna make the tuscon RR i have to go to bed early so i dont have to be tired after work

puma

Smash Rookie
heh i've heard of you taj, my asian friend back home said something about you...lol i've heard the arizona players are pretty good.

puma

Smash Rookie
oh yeah plus its not like i have met any of u guys at tournies so it'd be awkward...cuz it'll be "who the hell is this guy" for like whoever's going to answer the door. hahah

puma

Smash Rookie
oh and one more thing....do you guys still have those tournies on Power rd, and Ray??

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
heh i've heard of you taj, my asian friend back home said something about you...lol i've heard the arizona players are pretty good.
Are you really going to trust your Asian friend? JK but really MM Taj and record the match.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Alicia and I are looking to move possibly into the Tempe area in the not too distant future. If we do that, I would totally hold a Biweekly. That would be sweet. Pizza and smash (probably brawl by then) every other week. Too good.

Haruka's DNA

Smash Cadet
Alicia and I are looking to move possibly into the Tempe area in the not too distant future. If we do that, I would totally hold a Biweekly. That would be sweet. Pizza and smash (probably brawl by then) every other week. Too good.
OMG, WHAT?! You're gonna hold them WHERE?! LOL! Hey Manny, looks like you're off the hook! Now Dan will just volunteer our place!

Hahaha! <3

puma

Smash Rookie
i dunno he's pretty good, i've known him since 6th grade...he calls himself full metal falcomist lol i dunno if u guys heard of him

puma

Smash Rookie
haha ya he lives over in norcal, i'm sure when u guys have region battles you could play him, he's up there. but ya cupcakes sound really good right now considering i have no food in my fridge....how sad.

CHUK

Smash Ace
I enjoy Pizza, Pancakes, Apple Pie, Donuts, Cookies, Cupcakes, and Hamburgers.
If your ever in my area I'll get you 50% off Domino's Pizza ;). We should have a PM (pizza match) you bring whatever, I know I will lose lol.

Captain Alaska

Smash Apprentice
Alaska is driving from FCD to OC3. Going through Arizona is one of the two possible routes for us to get there. (Us as in, myself, TheCatPhysician, and Lunaris) We would appreciate housing, if possible (this is the main decider of which route to take). If anyone can help us out please check out the thread, below.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=106747

alright combo video put together in a day included, and one in half a day

AXE 09

Smash Master
hey, would anyone want to go to a tourney in Sierra Vista on the 14th? we already started a thread for it. check out TAE (The Axe Effect) tournament. it's in the same section as this thread (southwest section)

please post there if anybody plans on going

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Am I the only one who dash dances in every game they play? I found myself doing it in Super Paper Mario and then started laughing uncontrollably at my attempts to mindgame a flying goomba.

Maybe, Axe... maybe... but SV is just so far away from Phx... Tucson was a long enough drive for an afternoon tourney, you know?

Top Bottom