• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

Duha

Smash Journeyman
congrats forward score one for the southwest great job against shiz but next time don't sandbag him.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lockdown, If you have a car, you should go to T5. (In Tucson) That's coming up in about 2 weeks.

Maybe after that we'll have something going on in Phoenix. But if you're just looking to play, just say when you're available. A bunch of us hang out over at Goop's place in Tempe often on Fridays, so that'd be a good place to get some experience. Taj is there often too, so if you want to see what real competition looks like, ask him for a match.

Hey everyone. There's a tournament down in Albuquerque, NM on July 7, a ways away. If anyone wants to come and is interested in seeing how good NM is, then just make a post in the thread we made titled July 7 NM tourney. Details will be posted up very soon in the first post. Hope to see some of you there, it'd be great to play some more of AZ.

lockdown7

Smash Cadet
Lockdown, If you have a car, you should go to T5. (In Tucson) That's coming up in about 2 weeks.

Maybe after that we'll have something going on in Phoenix. But if you're just looking to play, just say when you're available. A bunch of us hang out over at Goop's place in Tempe often on Fridays, so that'd be a good place to get some experience. Taj is there often too, so if you want to see what real competition looks like, ask him for a match.

I'm down for playing whenever. I have an apartment and could play there whenever. Ya I'd like to play with you guys sometime cuz I'm sure ill learn some ****. I'm no amateur but I'm sure all of you could own my *** as of now. I'm free at nights cuz I only work during the day so if you ever wanna play just let me know.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey All:

Smash at Goop's place in Tempe this Friday. 6:00 Pm. Might the infamous Sean "Forward" B be able to make it? Come to find out! Later.

Edit: Wtf with my sig not working...

Goop

Smash Journeyman
Hey All:

Smash at Goop's place in Tempe this Friday. 6:00 Pm. Might the infamous Sean "Forward" B be able to make it? Come to find out! Later.
I'm Goop and I approve of this message.

Edit: Dan can you record some our matches I want to become posted on teh YouTube.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sure, I can put them up on the "Internets". I hear they are quite cool with the youngsters these days.

So there's another incentive to come, get some video of you out! Plus if Taj comes you just might be in ShadowClaw 2!

forward

Smash Champion
Uhm we're leaving to San Diego this friday. So far it looks like Trevyn and Omar are going with us, but neither are confirmed 100%. No one else wants to go out of state to play smash?

K nvm Omar is definitly not going, so we have 1 open spot, or 2 if someone wants to sit in the middle. Step it up-p-p-p-p-ppppppppppp

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Seriously Sean, I'd love to. But it's Easter Weekend. I already have a bunch of stuff planned. If you give us a normal weekend with a little bit of notice, more could come.

Nm about that ShadowClaw 2 thing then :) Smash at Goop's on Friday still.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
hey Hanki and Butters, are you planning to go to OC3?? everone else seems to be going from AZ, its gonna be huge!!! u gotta come dude, i bet a lot of people want to play you guys and your Y-link

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
That's a sick sig, son. Hey, you gotta get MSN so we can chat. That would be awesome.

Man, all this talk about OC3, is gettin' me excited. I don't know what to do with all this extra energy--I'd run, but **** that.

Vat"O"

Smash Journeyman
Thankyou G-mo. yeah, running is for noobs and I, my firend, am...not a noob. Yeah, G-mo, go out and have one your sexy parties. That will satisfy your energy crisis. It helps me.

Statistics

Smash Cadet
A Challenger Appears

Hello. My name is Eric, but my handle is Statistics. I'm 18 years old and previously moved to Phoenix in July to go to DeVry University, where I'm studying how to make vidya gaems.

Anyway, I have been smashing since the day the game came out, and I would like to join the local competitive community.

You cannot know what level of skill I have from a simple post, nor would a smart person try to discern such. However, if it means anything, chain-grabbing Fox is a sinch (Marth's my main) and I can pull off his tipper f-air, d-air combo with high consistency.

I live on Dunlap Avenue, less than a mile west of DeVry University. I will make every effort to attend every smash tournament posted here from here on out. (I will not be able to come to Saturday's tourney because I have to ask for days off well in advance, but then again I might get lucky and someone could need more hours :p )

I have a steady girlfriend, which may affect scheduling. (Those of you who do should know what I mean!)

Now that the intro is out of the way, who's up for casuals? Thursday is good for me, as I'm working Wed, Fri, and Sat.

Pleased to meet you all!!

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
First and foremost, Welcome. We always enjoy newcomers to the community.

Mostly there really isnt many in the phoenix area itself, the closest comp would probably be around the glendale guys.

There is a fairly large tournament happening in Tucson on the 19th that I recommend you attend if at all possible, most of Az's best will be there

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Welcome, Stats! Well met. Sounds like you're a math guy, we have much in common already! I'm a Computer Scientist over at ASU. Video Games of course got me interested in Comp Sci, but since my goals have changed. I never count things out for certain though.

I live around 32nd St and Cactus. Where on Dunlap do you live. (You can say broad cross streets, you don't have to post your actual address).

You said you work on Friday, but when do you work? If it's just during the day you might be able to make it to a small smash session in Tempe in the evening.

Which reminds me: Smash at goop's place this Friday. Details to come.

Statistics

Smash Cadet
Welcome, Stats! Well met. Sounds like you're a math guy, we have much in common already! I'm a Computer Scientist over at ASU. Video Games of course got me interested in Comp Sci, but since my goals have changed. I never count things out for certain though.

I live around 32nd St and Cactus. Where on Dunlap do you live. (You can say broad cross streets, you don't have to post your actual address).

You said you work on Friday, but when do you work? If it's just during the day you might be able to make it to a small smash session in Tempe in the evening.

This Friday, I'm working from 330 PM until 1100.

I live very close to Dunlap and 23rd.

Also, my degree program (GSP) is basically a computer programming degree plus an extra class for videogame history and design.

Goop

Smash Journeyman

Dan Dan Dan....You dare to invite this OUTSIDER!!!1

jk jk <3

Hi Stats my name is Manny. Send me a message or something, and you can come over this Friday, since I guess Dan is coming over too, and anyone else who wants to come.

Everyone else is also invited and those who want to take part in the planning for our new Gaming League at ASU can come a little before 4pm so we can talk about planning. Oh which reminds me Dan why don't we meet up at 3ish pm to talk about the club.

For everyone else, you can come over at like around 5 pm for some Smashfesting.

Oh and one last thing for those who don't know where I live it's 4533 S. Mill Ave. Tempe, AZ and find parking outside the complex.

See ya thar.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Stats, you've got a lot of opportunities to Smash in AZ. Currently the Sex Train Banditos (the crew I belong to) are training for OC3 and WCC, and we could use any competition that we get. You'll find that that the STB are great competition, and you should definitely stop by on Saturday mornings to Smash with us.

This is the thread, feel free to stop by on Saturdays or PM me if you want to smash within the week. We'll work something out.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=89127

We don't live to far from you anyway, maybe ten minutes if you drive. Hope to see you soon.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
playing Thursday

Now that the intro is out of the way, who's up for casuals? Thursday is good for me, as I'm working Wed, Fri, and Sat.
hi, im Greg, gamertag is Dark. i would like to play you statistic, i always love new competiton to play against. im off on thursdays also. its nice to meet you.

Statistics

Smash Cadet
Stats, you've got a lot of opportunities to Smash in AZ. Currently the Sex Train Banditos (the crew I belong to) are training for OC3 and WCC, and we could use any competition that we get. You'll find that that the STB are great competition, and you should definitely stop by on Saturday mornings to Smash with us.

This is the thread, feel free to stop by on Saturdays or PM me if you want to smash within the week. We'll work something out.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=89127

We don't live to far from you anyway, maybe ten minutes if you drive. Hope to see you soon.
hi, im Greg, gamertag is Dark. i would like to play you statistic, i always love new competiton to play against. im off on thursdays also. its nice to meet you.
maXXX: Interestingly enough, Saturday morning is a perfect time for me (at least this week; My job schedules per week, so I know my next Sunday through Saturday schedule every Thursday)! My GF hates mornings, and I work at 330.

Bad news: I don't have a car. :(
Good news: I have a friend who wants to learn Smash, and he DOES have a car. If I'm lucky, I'll have a ride over there. PM me an address if you would, and I'll be able to tell you by tomorrow or so if I'll be coming. I also would not object if you need me to bring a Cube/Game/Memory.

Dark: My place or yours? And if you don't mind, can I ask you for your main?

To All: My mother lives in Vegas, and is planning to fly me down there for EVO World this year (August 24-26). If ANY of you were planning on driving there, PLEASE let me know, and we can plan something.

YAY!! I'VE FOUND OTHER SMASHERS!!!! :chuckle:

CHARGE YOUR UP+B IN DELIGHT!!!!!

Statistics

Smash Cadet
One more thing

Forgot something!!

Do any of you play Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike?

That's my other EVO game.

(And yes, I post on Shoryuken regularly. Just checking)

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Stats, did you check your PM's? The thread I gave you has an address. But my my number is 623.313.4364. You can text me now and we can discuss this if you'd like. So does this mean that you're busy Thursday?

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Would you mind if I suggested STB territory this Thursday, Greg? I just spoke to Statistics and he said he wouldn't mind, and since you're driving anyway... Also, I've been wanting to play Team Oblivion for a while. Just a thought.

Vat"O"

Smash Journeyman
Haro Stats. I see you met G-mo MaXXXpowers Vega. This is Vato. I am very excited to see your game and meet you. I'm a member of the STB. "Sex Train Banditos" yes, I know, your thinking," Wow thats an awesome name!" and I have to agree with you.

Top Bottom