• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Oh snap, this thread just broke 1000 replies. Nice.

More to the point though, is Statistics going to the Tucson tourney? Because the joy I would experience at trading knowledge with him would be chronicled for its legendary proportions.

I'll only be in town for the weekend, Statistics. This is your chance. Teach me about 3rd strike, and I'll... teach you useless IC stuff :(

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
Oh snap, this thread just broke 1000 replies. Nice.

More to the point though, is Statistics going to the Tucson tourney? Because the joy I would experience at trading knowledge with him would be chronicled for its legendary proportions.

I'll only be in town for the weekend, Statistics. This is your chance. Teach me about 3rd strike, and I'll... teach you useless IC stuff :(
First off

ITS OVER ONE THOUSAND!

Secondly

Wobbles is my hero

That is all

Oakie

Smash Apprentice
wow that's gona be really hard...but i guess we can try. oh zenith everytime i look at your avatar, i get hungry. that smorez looks delicious...

Statistics

Smash Cadet
lol alright, since u havent played us for a few weeks. its fine with me going to your place
Hey Dark, how about you pick me up on the way if possible? Then I can play more of you guys at once!

Call me (631 - 882 - 2734) so we can set this up. I'm dying to play you guys tomorrow.
(my cell phone was activated in New York)

And Wobbles: If you do mean the entire weekend, then Sunday should be fine for me. However, Saturday will not work, because of ...work.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Hey Dark, how about you pick me up on the way if possible? Then I can play more of you guys at once!

Call me (631 - 882 - 2734) so we can set this up. I'm dying to play you guys tomorrow.
(my cell phone was activated in New York)

And Wobbles: If you do mean the entire weekend, then Sunday should be fine for me. However, Saturday will not work, because of ...work.
This sounds like good stuff--just one thing, though, we probably need to start as early as possible, so please arrive at Vato's house around 1:35 to 1:55. That would be best because that's the earliest the STB get out of school. Can't wait to play Eric as well as Team Oblivion.

Edit:

Stats: If you could PLEASE bring your GC along with your game and mem. card, that would be grand. I don't want the congestion to limit our playing times. There will be around seven people there, so a shortage of cubes will really hurt us. Thanks a lot, thug nasty.

Also, if we're not there when you arrive, we'll more than likely be there shortly because we're two obese people walking from school. So call us, or something.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Yep, I'll be there Sunday. I might be hanging out with another friend, but we'll see how things work out.

Statistics

Smash Cadet
This sounds like good stuff--just one thing, though, we probably need to start as early as possible, so please arrive at Vato's house around 1:35 to 1:55. That would be best because that's the earliest the STB get out of school. Can't wait to play Eric as well as Team Oblivion.

Edit:

Stats: If you could PLEASE bring your GC along with your game and mem. card, that would be grand. I don't want the congestion to limit our playing times. There will be around seven people there, so a shortage of cubes will really hurt us. Thanks a lot, thug nasty.

Also, if we're not there when you arrive, we'll more than likely be there shortly because we're two obese people walking from school. So call us, or something.
Yep, I'll be there Sunday. I might be hanging out with another friend, but we'll see how things work out.
Bringing a Cube should be no problem. I have only one controller though, so please BYOC, everyone.

Wobbles: If Sunday's good for you, then give me a time and we'll set it up. Also, with regards to 3rd Strike, are you asking me to teach you or to play you? I'm up for either.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Yeah, BYOC would be a good idea. I was going to add that, but I thought it was usually understood, so I didn't. Anyway, when (if) you guys call me, you have my phone number.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
You sound like you're raring to go. I like that. The STB are almost always up for some Smash. Do you have any secondaries?

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
well if you want Light to come, you gotta wait till he gets off school, and he doesnt get back until 3pm, then there will be some heavy traffic around that time going to your place, so we are looking at 4pm until i get to your place

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
well if you want Light to come, you gotta wait till he gets off school, and he doesnt get back until 3pm, then there will be some heavy traffic around that time going to your place, so we are looking at 4pm until i get to your place
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111!eleven

That's terrible, I guess just tell him that we miss him. Cuz we do.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Guess I better bring my TV. We're gonna need it.

Wobbles!!! When're you coming into town? We gotta play. My power has doubled since last you saw me! Mwua hahaha!

Corigames

Smash Hero
CT, Blu, Perish, etc., where were you? You didn't come to the tourney so I could kick your butts in front of everyone instead of me holding back when no one is watching. Yeah, it's called mind games.

Statistics

Smash Cadet
Is anyone available to smash on Monday? I'm free until 8:30.

About Thursday
Thanks for kicking my ***, everyone. Funny thing about mind games though; I've learned that if you don't apply them in your very first game, it's very difficult to use them later on. Specifically, I noticed that Dark didn't need to adjust his play style, which meant that I wasn't doing a good enough job of making him think. If an opponent is able to switch to auto-pilot, you're screwed. I'll be working on that.

I found my copy of Smash, by the way. At my friend's house :dizzy:

Question for those who were there: Was I actually doing better with Roy than with Marth?

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
nah Statistics, your marth is better then roy. plus marth is higher teir. and i cant play today, im going to be playing some Halo3 beta, its awesome so far, only though its just a few levels of online vs. each other.
and its good that u found your copy, dont wanna have to buy one if u didnt need to

Vat"O"

Smash Journeyman
That beta is awesome. Your Marth and Roy seem pretty equal, but I suggest listening to to Greg on this one. Marth is in the higher teir, unless you want recognition for an awesome Roy.

Statistics

Smash Cadet
That beta is awesome. Your Marth and Roy seem pretty equal, but I suggest listening to to Greg on this one. Marth is in the higher teir, unless you want recognition for an awesome Roy.
OMG

my Marth = my Roy :chuckle: :cool:

that was counter-productive. You're right though, for serious matches I'm better off with Marth, though in casuals Roy is a lot more fun to win with.

I'm available all day today and tomorrow, (then work each day until saturday) so please contact me if anyone's up for smash

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
True: your Marth is better, but your Roy added some spontaneity to your game. I've never fought a serious Roy, so yours came by surprise. I was impressed when you beat Dark the first time. That was a good showing. The fact that you abused Forward-B combos also struck me as unorthodox. You might look into aerial combos with Marth--I know from experience how devastating Marth's air game can be. Bryan will do that to you; he's one of our best.

Anyway, the STB might be able to Smash it up after Wednesday. I'll have to confer with the guys, however. I look forward to seeing you again. Maybe I'll bust out my DK? Hmm?

Top Bottom