• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

Statistics

Smash Cadet
True: your Marth is better, but your Roy added some spontaneity to your game. I've never fought a serious Roy, so yours came by surprise. I was impressed when you beat Dark the first time. That was a good showing. The fact that you abused Forward-B combos also struck me as unorthodox. You might look into aerial combos with Marth--I know from experience how devastating Marth's air game can be. Bryan will do that to you; he's one of our best.

Anyway, the STB might be able to Smash it up after Wednesday. I'll have to confer with the guys, however. I look forward to seeing you again. Maybe I'll bust out my DK? Hmm?
As far as Marth is concerned, I use his forward-B combos because the first 3 hits actually ARE combos up to a certain point (about 60%). Most players don't seem to expect me to point the 4th hit down for the extended range, and it deals a good 18 damage when it connects. Also, I can use delayed input as a simple mind game with a large reward (the 4th hit when straight or up, should kill around 70%). Granted, his shuffling game is a bit more safe and has more knockback. The only problem I have is with fast ground-based characters (Captain Falcon, Falco, Fox, Sheik) using their awesome, quick-recovering shuffles (or needles) and running attacks to keep me pinned, so I was looking for a ground attack to counter players who are shuffle happy. Since marth's d-tilt slides under all of them, I'm left with f-smash (unsafe as hell, whiff = death), f-tilt (too low priority versus Fox's n-air and Falco's d-air unless I time it perfectly), neutral-a on the ground, and forward-B. The other option is wavedashing back or simply running away, but that doesn't work all of the time once your opponent figures you out. The final option is to counter with a shuffle of my own, and that's something that unfortunately is not coming to me amidst the chaos. It's probably the best option overall, defensively speaking.

NEED... MORE... PRACTICE...

*Presses Down+B to defend against next post*

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
lol i thought i heard you quit ted. you never call me up to play, i try calling you quite a few times but i guess you dont get the message from your family or something...?

RipVanWinkle

Smash Cadet
Hey guys! This is a random post, I know. But just wanted to let everyone know that Me and a friend of mine (Dubbed "Kirby") Will be moving to tucson during this summer and was mentioning it because we will be more involved in activities!. =)

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
In all truth me and blu have been swamped (mostly blu) over the past week and now he is leaving to go back home for about 2 weeks...So sadly shadowclaw 2 will take longer than expected (sorry Tony)

AZenith

Smash Apprentice
anyone playing some SC now that SC2 was announced? im on quite a bit now and was looking for some people to play with. If you want to play my AIM name is Newrocker8D and my name is AZenith on USEast. latez

p.s. robbie sucks at starcraft

Oakie

Smash Apprentice
dang fillipe you're going all old school, i might think about starting up again then. i'll hit you up if i do

Corigames

Smash Hero
Eh... whatever.

Hey, why is no one posting here anymore? Have they moved on? HELLO?!

HELLO
hELLo
heLlo
hello

Light_

Smash Apprentice
Yes, quite a few of us. STB is going, me and my bro, B-Will, Alt4warrior (I think?), Butter (Maybe?) and of course Foward and Taj.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Arizona represents! It looks like we've got the second most participants for OC3. Second only to California and their tremendous population. *******s.

Goop

Smash Journeyman
lol this is the Arizona thread. :laugh:

Oh btw everyone Smashfest/Light's (Brad's) Birthday Party at my place this Friday.

There will be free food, drinks and cake.

Bring him a present!

It should be a lot of fun! :grin:

Goop

Smash Journeyman
Oh and slight update to that Smashfest on Friday, its also Haruka's DNA's (Alicia's) Birthday as well so there will be two cakes.

I am going to say that if you want free food, cake and drinks on Friday you have to at least bring a present for either of Brad or Alicia. Nothing too fancy though just something small.

Haruka's DNA

Smash Cadet
If by "nothing too fancy" you mean "bring enourmous gifts for Alicia because we love her" then yes... nothing too fancy.

There will be food, drink, and festivities galore. I hired Sam to dress up as a clown and make obscene baloon animals. There will be dancing and sharks with laser beams on their foreheads. Come one come all.

Goop's place this friday. Be there AND be square...

-AltF4

Me Myself and Jy

Smash Cadet
Hey. I'm new to the boards and sorta new to Smash. I think I'm decent for how long I've been playing but I know that I'm nothing compared to a handful of AZ players. Just wanted to stop by.. and I think a few AZ people know me, too. (I'm guessing that Brandon at least posts here.)

Me Myself and Jy

Smash Cadet
You're Tony right? If you are... then gah. I was supposed to play Smash with you guys on Monday but my ride was leaving for Tucson right before you guys played. I heard you ***** Peter. Haha.

Flare233

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone. I'm an aspiring Smash player who needs to find players to train with once I go back to college in Phoenix. (I go to Grand Canyon University, which oddly, is in Pheonix lol) Right now I'm kinda stuck in Cottonwood which is like 100 miles from most of you.

I've been playing for a long time, but only been playing seriously for a few months. I'm alright at L-cancelling, SHFFLCing, wavedash-ish (blah blah), but I need serious work when it comes to actually being good at the game. I look forward to a lot of fun over next fall. I can practice on the weekends and some of the weekdays when I'm not working.

Statistics, you seem like a great player to spar with. We are probably on the same level. Watch out for me!

My main:
Captain Falcon (Falcon PUUUNCH!)

Other faves:
Link
Falco
Ganon
Dr. Mario

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Am I the only one who is disappointed that GCU isn't located on the bottom of the Grand Canyon? lol

Whenever you're gonna be in town, Flare, put up a post. There's always people around to play.

Speaking of which, this is my last week before starting my internship. I'll be working 8-5 starting next week so if anyone wants to play lemme know.

Corigames

Smash Hero
If you go to the smash compendium, you can find where all the pros live. Trent told me that there is no excuse for there not being good competition in each state, so he looked up West Virginia (my home state). Completely void of any known smasher. LOL

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol. Dude, Corey. You're in Tempe? We should play. Like I said, I've got this week free. Maybe one of these days during the week. We gotta get something together.

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
Just a heads up for you guys about shadowclaw 2....its been slightly delayed due to technical issues....

We are sorry and will begin work on it again soon.

Top Bottom