• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Myself and two other Smashers live in Northern Tucson.

I havn't heard from Woods in a while, and I havn't heard from 2D in a looooong time.

Captain Snake is pretty intense.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
My next two weeks are pretty good for me to smash with some Tucson people. I just need to find out my work hours for the next weeks. I know next week I available all days except Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday (of course.) Myspace is definitely great to reach me, check the sig, it's even clickable.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
GG moved to a house without internet access. I'm with him in Sierra Vista right now playing melee with all these melee lovers <3

2D stopped going to smashboards at the time of the intense brawl flaming, but I'm really the only person he ever plays since there are no brawl events in Tucson anymore.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I have loads of free time these next few weeks but no transportation.

I'm very much interested in playing smash with people, though. Maybe we can arrange something?

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
rubyiris you should hit up i think tomorrow night were smashing and were picking up people from that side of town

Sizzle

I paint controllers
I will be in Arizona until the 20th or so of January. I would love to see the old faces again, and meet some new ones. I should be able to travel wherever, so anyone playing Melee should tell me when and where to meet them.

I would also love to hold a smashfest, although the heart of the AZ scene lives at least 40 minutes from my house. From what I have gathered in this thread over the last couple weeks, people are craving Melee events. As far as a tournament goes, I have no experience at running one whatsoever, so I don't know how I could attract people to drive up to northwest Peoria, besides just wanting to come play. Maybe a carpool from the Mesa/Tempe/Chandler area could be created for something like this? As much as I don't mind driving to events, it would be nice to have people come up this way for a change. Would there be any interest in such a thing? I could probably even have people stay the night, if they do not want to drive home late.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
ha tai is right behind the camera
http://www.getyourtournament.com/EDIT well he was
Yeah, that was my friend's laptop.

I was partially responsible for getting video feed for most of the day, and later since Waffles is a jew, we had to move the laptop later, and they were being jerks about it. If I had front row seats, I would have held it for sure.

But lol at the black dude talking **** to the camera.

Zardus

Smash Apprentice

jonkil

Smash Apprentice
I'm free goop if ya wanna smash! I challenge you yto a duel! Also is there an tournys coming up I wanna get back into the scene.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Hi im new i just want to know if anyone knows where a smash tourny is around the mesa area. Or if someone that plays brawl and lives around in mesa or gilbert please reply here.

rugoodat

Smash Journeyman

Zardus

Smash Apprentice
Rugoodat, that could be pretty cool. The meets could be in Casa Grande or Toltec so the drive's not too bad for everyone :-)

Only problem is that from what I gather, Phoenix are seems to be the only place people play Brawl in significant numbers....

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=212493

Phoenix and surrounding cities vs Tuscon and Sierra Vista?

Sounds cool.
No, we'd get torn the **** up. Wobbles can take Forward I guess, but there's no Phoenicians who are as good as Axe and Vectorman. I MIGHT be able to take Timmy now, but I still highly doubt it. Unless maybe Taj joins in on the fun too, then this crew battle will be unfair.

I think regional crew battles for AZ would be a good idea though, although, it should be Phoenix v Tucson v SV. Idk, it's a developing idea, we'll work out the kinks if it happens.

J.TwisT

Smash Apprentice
Dude, no offense, I'm not good but tucson and SV would **** Pheonix. Come on, 5 on 5 crews? really? sounds fun, too bad I suck to much to compete. Tai, I think in a crew battle you might be able to take like 1-2 stocks off of timmy.

What would it be like...
Taj and Wobbles and whoelse vs Axe, VMan and Forward? Plus maybe 2 other decent tucon players...

Everyone should still come to SV's Tournament.

That crew battle idea is awesome though. Melee Pwns.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Doesn't the Goop house still play melee? That would mean bloodofthebrokenhymen and THoT could play. I'll play too if you guys don't mind. Of course, I'd have to train with Tony, on the art of ****.

Top Bottom