• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Teach your cat to infract me!

Simile of the Day:

Jigglypuff and Falco are like a gold digger and a rich, educated guy.

Falco does all the work, and Jigglypuff just sleeps with him.

Zardus

Smash Apprentice
I'm hosting a smashfest tomorrow over here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=207184

Well, it's not actually being hosted on the thread :-), I live at University & the 101 in Tempe. We've been known to play a bit of Melee, too. Not sure who's still in town and available for the holidays, but it'd be cool to play before I have to start losing to my brother over christmas break.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Well, guys. I'm about to leave to go for the bus to Cali.

Wish me luck, and hope that I can rep AZ sufficiently, and hope I don't get some dumb *** bracket like TANG first round and Mango round 2.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Final Announcement for Friday's LAN:

Equipment:

Myself:
-2 TV's
-1 Xbox + game
-3 Ethernet cords
-8 port switch

Coty:
-1 TV
-1 XBox + game
-1 Ethernet cord

Dark:
-1 XBox + game

G-Mo:
-1 TV
-1 XBox + Game

TOTAL:
4 TV's
4 XBoxen + games
4 Ethernet cords
8port switch

This meets our minimum of 4 total setups. Which is awesome. But we're all playing split screen unless others come up with setups.

The time is still 5 PM Friday the 19th (tomorrow). PM me for address and/or directions.

EDIT: If anyone on the equipment list is unable to bring what I have you listed as, let me know asap so I can scrounge together a substitute.

fark

Smash Apprentice
ill need a controller still
gmo said hes got an extra for so im just reminding

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Right. And if he doesn't have one, I do have an extra wireless one. Except in your case, this is a BYOC event, of course.

Oh, and we'll buy pizza and soda. Woo! End of the semester!

Zardus

Smash Apprentice
Alt,

Do you know if Halo is lannable when played on the 360? A friend and I might be able to come (if it's not too late to sign up), and we can bring our own setup (360+TV+controllers).

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
When you say "Halo", are you referring to Halo 1? I would have to assume that it is LANable, but I haven't actually played Halo 1 or 2, only 3 I'm afraid. So I can't say from experience.

STB:

I nearly forgot. No big deal here. Just another rule: Host for the LAN will alternate every match. You guys can have host first match, then we alternate every time after. The team gets to choose who on your team gets the host, too.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
No. This is Halo 3. :)

Perhaps I wasn't specific enough. But yea, it's Halo 3. I didn't even know people still played Halo 1 around here!

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
ill need a controller still
gmo said hes got an extra for so im just reminding
We'll have a controller for you tomorrow, Pokey. That won't change.

When you say "Halo", are you referring to Halo 1? I would have to assume that it is LANable, but I haven't actually played Halo 1 or 2, only 3 I'm afraid. So I can't say from experience.

STB:

I nearly forgot. No big deal here. Just another rule: Host for the LAN will alternate every match. You guys can have host first match, then we alternate every time after. The team gets to choose who on your team gets the host, too.
That's a pretty legit rule.

Also, would you PM me your address?

Zardus

Smash Apprentice
So much for reading comprehension :-). I didn't knwo you could LAN Halo 3 at all.

Do you guys want two more people? We *should* be able to come and bring setup with four controllers. I'll know for sure in a few hours.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
G-Mo

Yea, it's pretty standard. Who has host isn't actually a big deal in Halo 3. There are only a handful of very situational things that depend on host. And the lag is negligible, so yea. But you, know. It's done anyway just to prevent any shenanigans. :)

Zardus

You bet Halo 3 can be LANed, lol. What do you think MLG is? :) You could come, sure. Especially if you bring a setup. An Ethernet cord would be awesome, too. Just be there at 5, and we'll get all set up. I'll PM you my address.

We're going to be doing our planned STB vs Awesome crew battle, but after that we'll mix and match teams, or just do whatever. I even said before that I'll probably want to step out for some games, so you shouldn't have to worry about not playing. But at least at first it's going to be our set against STB.

Everyone who's bringing an XBoX

Go here:

http://www.bungie.net/stats/Halo3/FileShare.aspx?gamertag=MLG Gametypes

And download the MLG gametypes. If you don't have them, we're going to have to do it when you get here, and it'll waste some time. Not the end of the world, but... you know. You will need your MSN account tied to your XBL account, also.

ABIDE

Smash Apprentice
I can bring an Xbox tomorrow too if needed. I don't have a copy of halo 3 though

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Naw, don't worry about it Abide. We'd just have a box sitting around w/o a TV anyway. Unless you can find someone else to bring a game disk, TV, and ethernet cord.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Hello.

I retired about two months after Brawl came out, but I've decided to get back into Melee and Brawl.

I live in Tucson. Is there anyone in this area that would be willing to smash with me? I'm very out of training, and the people I played with before all retired, too. I'm currently stuck playing against players worse than me, which is causing me to develop bad habit, and in turn not improve any.

If you're interested, post here, or PM me. My aim and msn addys are:

Aim: Ruby Suigyoku
Msn: rubysuigyoku@hotmail.com

I'm looking forward to hopefully meet new people to smash with. Plus it's always good to meet new people, regardless, right? =D

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's okay, it wasn't even a real double post!

There's a couple of people in Tucson that smash, but not many. Most notably the semi-retired Forward.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
They're westside, Oracle and Glenn area. jetforward, James Woods, and Switzerland are on the east side. West side smash is more regular of an event, east side is spontaneous based on our random schedules. What are your major cross streets?

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Bah, I knew it was you. There would be no way Connor would know the name KG-Gay.
---
Iris, do try to play Melee, please.

Zardus

Smash Apprentice
Dan, can't make it to Halo-ing afterall. Sorry :-(. I would have posted earlier but kept getting "authentication token missing" errors. Had to log in and log out.

Tucson guys, do you know of any regular Brawl-playing around there? I have a few friends in Tucson who are Wii-less but were good in their day.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
They're westside, Oracle and Glenn area. jetforward, James Woods, and Switzerland are on the east side. West side smash is more regular of an event, east side is spontaneous based on our random schedules. What are your major cross streets?
I live on Wilmot and Fairmont, right across the street from el dorado hospital. I live roughly a mile and a half from the Park Place Mall. It's like a 10 minute bike ride, and like a 5 minute car ride.

Top Bottom