• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

Goop

Smash Journeyman
I am pretty sure Chuckie, Trevyn, Omar and I all stand a fair chance at whatever Sierra Vista or Tucson can throw at us. We all still play pretty regularly.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Asides from Sean, the best Tucson players left are probably Phillipe (back from Switzerland), Chris, and me.

Phoenix and S.V. have a few players that are way better, but Tucson has a better distribution of skill I'd guess.

Only one way to find out ;)

Edit: Oh, didn't know those people still played. Phoenix probably takes the cake haha.

J.TwisT

Smash Apprentice
Light would beat Vectorman.

Taj and Wobbles can both beat Axe.

Forward sucks (jk)
WELL.... True enough, but in a 5 on 5 match, I really don't agree you'd win :psycho:

I am pretty sure Chuckie, Trevyn, Omar and I all stand a fair chance at whatever Sierra Vista or Tucson can throw at us. We all still play pretty regularly.
Fair enough since Trevyn used to be my favorite falcon player, Axe almost beat Omars sheik with a yoshi. I don't know how good you are, and who the hell is chuckie?

Asides from Sean, the best Tucson players left are probably Phillipe (back from Switzerland), Chris, and me.

Phoenix and S.V. have a few players that are way better, but Tucson has a better distribution of skill I'd guess.

Only one way to find out ;)

Edit: Oh, didn't know those people still played. Phoenix probably takes the cake haha.
Alright lol well uh idk what to say to that, but it sounds like it would even be fun to watch, til I get good enough to compete...

Actually i'd love it if this started at my tournament, I'd feel honored.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
ATTN: Arizona MELEE

Lol sup.

When I went to Socal, one thing I noticed about their community (other than the fact that their people weren't a bunch of lazy and apathetic or employed jerks) was that they were more organized than us. What does that mean? They have tournaments every week, and they have generally scheduled Smashfests. One important thing is that the people there actually still care about the game (unlike a lot of you :() and are willing to drive more than fifteen minutes out of their way to play.

What happened to the community? I personally think it's because our top 3 became less active, and that gave AZ less to be proud of and less to look up to, but that's just my idea.

Talk about upcoming events (or in our case, upcoming event. Without the letter S), plan Melee Smashfests (the Tempe, AZ Smash Thread is completely Brawl-dominated), plan 1v1 playing sessions, or whatever you want.

C'mon, I really want Arizona to pick it up and come closer to what it used to be. I know something that would really help is a regular Smashfest or tournament. Monthly tournaments are good enough for now, but what about Smashfests? With the disappearance of STB and the employment of Goop, there are no Smashfests anymore.

I would be willing to host a Smashfest, but I know people won't go. If people are willing to open their homes to fests or if enough people HONESTLY say that they'll actually go to my fests on a regular basis, that would be super amazing.

p.s.

I wish I lived in Socal :/

EDIT: Dan, could you please just merge this post thread with the Arizona thread?

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
What days are you guys free? I usually text Chuckie randomly, but that isn't very effective. I don't have any of your numbers right now since I don't have my regular phone

Sizzle

I paint controllers
Taj, Wobbles, Light, Trevyn, and Omar vs. Sean, Axe, Vectorman, Phillipe, and jetfour (?) would be a great matchup. I don't think there has been a Tucson vs Phoenix rivalry/crew battle since I came onto the scene. This is a really good idea imo.

Goop

Smash Journeyman
Fair enough since Trevyn used to be my favorite falcon player, Axe almost beat Omars sheik with a yoshi. I don't know how good you are, and who the hell is chuckie?
Chuckie is Enix, he played Ganon back in the day.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Hm, this is interesting.

We'll see how January pans out.

Remember to try to come to ACMM3

J.TwisT

Smash Apprentice
I guess so, wait chuckie is enixmoogle??? I heard he was really good and whose philipe?

I like how we're talking about this but none of them are even thinking about it.

Even though I know Axe and Vman would be down for it.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Jetfour wouldn't be in the lineup for 5v5. Also, 6v6 might be a viable idea.

It'd be like...

Taj, Wobbles, Light, Omar, Trevyn/Chuckie (idk who) vs. Sean, Axe, Vman, Azenith, and.... someone else. Perhaps James (No, not James Woods. James James.)

But, the thing is...

There's not a very good chance of Taj, Omar, Trevyn, and Chuckie GOING...

Leaving 3 empty slots on Phoenix, and 1 on South side.

Phoenix would be like... Coty, Kosuke, and me.

Anyone that wants to debate these three, feel free.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
But it's more epic this way

also

Psychomidget's GF is as technical as me when she's playing with her feet and on the computer.

Good ****, Jenny

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
id be down to partake in these crew battles but i think i may let the south side down, ill just have to go grind with brian and sean haha

TAG$

Smash Apprentice
haha jade your awesome. but tcs is on top of there game!
but we still gotta keep practicing. yay for christmas smash!

J.TwisT

Smash Apprentice
That would be really cool to do weekly things, and all of SV would love it, but sadly most of us are either employed, working on school or doing other various activities and don't have time to drive 3 hours a week to visit and play smash.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
The smash 64 tournament is in Phoenix on Saturday. Does anybody want house me tomorrow night? I would love to get some 64 practice in of course but I'd still have fun playing smash in any other form :)

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
MELEE.. I WANNA PLAY MELEE.. and good idea Duff... I personally rather have the SV vs Tucson vs Phoenix rather than everyone against phoenix.... but whatever everybody wants is fine.. I just like it this way since more people can compete this way rather than have to fight for one of the 5 spots you know.. Just my thing...

BTW Phoenix isn't THAT GOOD.. just been the best for the longest!.. lol j/k phoenix.. you guys are awesome.. just me doing my occasional trash talk! XD

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I really want to play Melee, especially with people that are actually really good at it. Like you guys. I've been playing the same three people at my school and I'm pretty sure I easy them all the time, so I'm not really improving my game much anymore. I need to play new people, new blood you know? Ganon and I would like to play with other people....

So how many tourneys are coming up soon? 1, 2? I only remember the SV tourney.

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
tommy is there anyway you could get a ride to tucson tonight? cuz were our weeklie friendlie, or at least a ride closer?

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
No not tonight, I don't drive, and my mom works nights. And since I don't really live close to Tucson (I live 25 miles north of Ironwood Ridge High School) getting rides back and forth anywhere is kind of a struggle. I know Sundays are really good for me since she doesn't work, and Mondays are good if there isn't any school. I can do Saturdays too I guess.

Sorry, but if you guys ever plan anything on a Sunday...I'm good to go.

Top Bottom