• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
TAI, it's looking less and less like i'm going to attend El Paso. My wife is kind of putting a moratorium on spending right now so we can get plane tickets to go home and see her family. There's kind of a family emergency going on that we need to get there and help with. We're trying to put together enough cash to buy tickets.

If I can find a way to make it work, I'll come along to El Paso, but I'm really not optimistic at this point, unfortunately.

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
TAI, it's looking less and less like i'm going to attend El Paso. My wife is kind of putting a moratorium on spending right now so we can get plane tickets to go home and see her family. There's kind of a family emergency going on that we need to get there and help with. We're trying to put together enough cash to buy tickets.

If I can find a way to make it work, I'll come along to El Paso, but I'm really not optimistic at this point, unfortunately.
:(
im sorry about the family emergency, its best you take care of that first before smash. hope everything goes well. do you know when you will be able or not to attend el paso?

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
but origonal is where its at
What?! Who plays non-brood war SC?

I don't have my SC cd's anymore, but I've had half a mind to pick it up again. I loved that game. (My handle comes from those days)

But I'm positive I'd get owned so hard, and I have no intention of trying to play it competitively, so... yea...

JustinKamikaze

Smash Ace
Justin, could you tell us more about the tourney? Like the time and where it's at? It's getting pretty close...
Atomic comics in mesa

1120 S. Country Club Dr.#105 Mesa, 85210

Show up around 1 to sign up and we'll start as soon as possible

if anybody needs any more info just pm me

i will also be making a thread soon

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
What Guilty Gear game is played competitively?

I have BitTorrent and a modded PS2, so I decided, hey, why not?

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Hey, does anyone know the pros/cons of Guilty Gear and Melty Blood?

These are the two 2-d fighers that stood out most to me. Don't include the fact that Melty Blood is incredibly amazingly badass. I already know that.

TAG$

Smash Apprentice
What?! Who plays non-brood war SC?

I don't have my SC cd's anymore, but I've had half a mind to pick it up again. I loved that game. (My handle comes from those days)

But I'm positive I'd get owned so hard, and I have no intention of trying to play it competitively, so... yea...
thats so awesome! i dont know very many people who play but i did overhere azenith talk about it alittle lol. and you should totallly start playing i know a couple good places online where i can find key generators :]

TAG$

Smash Apprentice
Planet Puzzle League on DS. WE NEEDS TO PLAY!!!!
Planet puzzle league on DS!
this is a defenite yes my friend! i have ppl on my wii and im very proud lol

ps.sorry about the double post thingy,my comp doesnt let me multipost for some strange reason :[

i know i know....no johns :]

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Wait a minute... don't you guys still hate Zman?

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Guilty Gear is very balanced. Bottom tiers can still defeat top tiers with ease if played correctly.

The game is also, in a sense, more technical than Melee in that buttons have to be pressed in a shorter time frame. For instance, the FRC (False Roman Cancel) require you to press three buttons in one frame.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
You have to press them at a certain moment to cancel out the lag of your attacks. If you screw it up, 50% of your meter gets taken away and you perform the RC.

::Kills Flynn Scifo::

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
I like to think that I play a good Melee Yoshi as well. He is my other low tier aside from Roy. Maybe you and I should play sometime again.

AZenith

Smash Apprentice
i used to be pretty good at StarCraft back in the day, I'm probably super rusty now :[ too bad I can't play with you guys since I'm here in Switzerland, but if you are interested in learning and maybe getting competitive in StarCraft I recommend playing on WGTour.com. You have to sign up and make an account and download some stuff to play on their hacker free system. You can also download tons of replays there from some of the best people in the world. Be warned though it's not a place where people play BGH and other scrub money maps. Money maps lol, that is like playing melee with items on very high :p

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
BGH just about ruined StarCraft for me, long ago.

God... I'm never going to get the time, but I'd really love to play some SC again. Maybe over winter.

-TroLL-

Smash Rookie
i used to be pretty good at StarCraft back in the day, I'm probably super rusty now :[ too bad I can't play with you guys since I'm here in Switzerland, but if you are interested in learning and maybe getting competitive in StarCraft I recommend playing on WGTour.com. You have to sign up and make an account and download some stuff to play on their hacker free system. You can also download tons of replays there from some of the best people in the world. Be warned though it's not a place where people play BGH and other scrub money maps. Money maps lol, that is like playing melee with items on very high :p
I play iccup every once in a while. those guys are too good, so i never got past D rank
i never got into bgh/fastest maps, always been a low income player.
but anyway, if anyone wants to play, send me a message

back to smash, who's going to the mesa AC tournament tomorrow?

COOPER

Smash Apprentice
I play iccup every once in a while. those guys are too good, so i never got past D rank
i never got into bgh/fastest maps, always been a low income player.
but anyway, if anyone wants to play, send me a message

back to smash, who's going to the mesa AC tournament tomorrow?
im coming up from tucson and have room for more if they wanna come text me ar 520-331-9362 all im asking is 10 dollars for gas so let me know

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Cooper, just so you know, the Mesa AC tourney is Brawl.

I remember you mentioning Melee before, so I don't want you driving all the way up here for a game you don't want to play.

COOPER

Smash Apprentice
really? it doesnt say anything one way or the other but the rules and stages are melee was it changed?

Top Bottom