• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

COOPER

Smash Apprentice
saturdays cool too or at least it should be but i wont know until wednesday for my work schedule but for anyone else we'll still be messing around wednesday with kind of an open door policy or whatever

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I'm really only free weekends. I'm still in high school, so the only weekdays I'm available are things like Winter/Spring breaks.

I'm definitely talking Melee, it's my favorite. But I do play Brawl too, on occasion.

If you have myspace, it's one of the better ways to contact me, check my sig for it.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
My first Melee tourney was at a Mesa Weekly in 2006.

I remember losing to Taj a lot.
---
Tai, I can attend West Coast Smash League. Apparently, it's the weekend after my 1st semester finals.

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
oh boy... my first smash tourny.... haha

it was a free for all match, 1v1v1v1, i won my first ffa which got me into the "quarter finals" but got second in that cause everyone ganged up against my samus :( some stupid roy player won on pokefloats... haha such stupid rules.

forward

Smash Champion
I can't remember my first tournament. I think it was the one where I lost to Levi in the grand finals because of very high item appearnce.

Hey guys I was playing Falco yesterday and I was trying out some new tricks. They work pretty well against my little bro but I need to try them on other people. When's the next tourney?

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
My first tourney was at AZOne. I MMd Tony and B-Will, and lost to both. Greg introduced me to Sean, and I met SV.

I didn't make it out of singles pools, as Brad and Trevyn were in it (no johns, though), but Toro and I took 7th in doubles. That was definitely one of the best tourneys I've ever been to, to date.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I remember my first tournament. I went and played marth, got 3rd, and only fsmashed. It was amazing.

COOPER

Smash Apprentice
just a reminder if anyone wants to do some (melee only) friendlies tomorrow just text me 520-331-3962
i'm in tucson around ft lowell and oracle and i can pick people up if you don't have transportation

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
My first Melee tourney was at a Mesa Weekly in 2006.

I remember losing to Taj a lot.
---
Tai, I can attend West Coast Smash League. Apparently, it's the weekend after my 1st semester finals.
Hm...

About that...

I'm not sure if I'm going to WCSL. I'm going to Socal almost for sure, but I might just play Melee with the Socal people that aren't going to WCSL, since WCSL is in Norcal. The bus fare from AZ to Socal is quite a bit already for me, and since the trip from Socal to Norcal is quite a long journey itself, I don't know if I want to waste the little time I'll have.

Also, if I just stay in Socal, I'll either be staying with C0nn0r or Mango, and although I'm sure C0nn0r would willingly take both of us in, I'm not sure about Mango.

Also, keep in mind that the bus isn't particularly large, and since it's the week before Christmas, getting the bus isn't going to be particularly easy. So, since I was the one who proposed the idea, and am securing the bus, I think I should get the ticket in the unlikely case that only one of us can go.

ALSO...

I may or may not ask to get off for Winter break a day early so I get another day in Socal (because WHEN you take finals doesn't really matter), so you have to tell your dad that that's a possibility he needs to be ready for.

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
My first tournament was a Brawl tournament. :p I can't remember if it was an Atomic Comics or Random Dot tournament. I think I got 3rd at both? Meh I dunno.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
anyone not quite so good? me and my friends are all pretty even and two of them got wrecked by forward to take 2nd and 4th place at the play n trade tourney.
just because they got 2nd and 4th at PnT doesn't show anything really

but i'm sure we'd all be happy to play you guys in melee and see where you are.

*Raises Hand*

I placed 3rd at my first Melee tournament. :( Forward was actually my first match as well. I won but he beat me in loser's finals.
Taco Bell is the super food says the Forward.

I remember my first tournament. I went and played marth, got 3rd, and only fsmashed. It was amazing.
made me lol

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Hm, Dastrn.

IF I want to go to El Paso, I still have my seat, right?

Since I was the fifth person to reserve, but I've been a bit iffy since then since I want to go to SV... but, I can't go to SV either way, so I MIGHT still want to go to El Paso.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Are you using a proxy, get unbanned, or are you using someone else's connection ATM?

South_Paw

Smash Ace
I can't remember my first tournament. I think it was the one where I lost to Levi in the grand finals because of very high item appearnce.

Hey guys I was playing Falco yesterday and I was trying out some new tricks. They work pretty well against my little bro but I need to try them on other people. When's the next tourney?
ah, still at it eh?

my first tournament... walking up to this guy and handing him my cell phone (he didn't know who i was) and saying "its for you"

getting 4-stocked came afterwards

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
Hah my first tournament was at B-Wills house, he had a round robin, oh man i got thrashed hard, hah but maybe now i could hold my own a little better.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero

God **** it, Sean, let other people pioneer Falco for once LOL

But seriously....

November. If you want a all-out tourney (i.e. Doubles and Singles, possibly SV coming) then plan for January or February.

P

pomx8

Hah my first tournament was at B-Wills house, he had a round robin, oh man i got thrashed hard, hah but maybe now i could hold my own a little better.
I Doubt it Jade....lol ^_^ jk

But my first tournament was B-wills round robin.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
McCain was never intended to be the better president.

Obama for 2008!
---
Justin, will your Brawl tourney this weekend (which I will be bringing Melee to) have Meta Knight banned?

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
McCain was never intended to be the better president.

Obama for 2008!
---
Justin, will your Brawl tourney this weekend (which I will be bringing Melee to) have Meta Knight banned?
im pretty sure he won't be banning mk. :( but oh well ill be there so i gotsta get some practice in. i got myself a root canal tomorrow so ima be out till at least friday... hopefully it won't hurt too bad :(

anyone wanna get together at my place friday for some warmup matches for saturday's tourny?

Sizzle

I paint controllers
My first Melee tournament was one held by Goop at Atomic Comics. The rules were wack, but I didn't do too bad, and even took 2 stocks off of the guy with the super saiyan hair (his name is slipping my mind) who was the best player there. Man to think that was 3 years ago...

derek.haines

Smash Ace
What up, Arizona thread? AltF4Warrior directed me here...

I actually wasn't much aware there was an Arizona Smash scene. Huh. Good to know.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
O brilliant blade of coldest steel...Rend the infinite darkness...And crush my enemies to nothing!

Savage Wolf Fury!

22 Hits!

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Hm, Dastrn.

IF I want to go to El Paso, I still have my seat, right?

Since I was the fifth person to reserve, but I've been a bit iffy since then since I want to go to SV... but, I can't go to SV either way, so I MIGHT still want to go to El Paso.
Quoted so Dastrn sees it.

fark

Smash Apprentice
wack attack
i cant make the tourney this saturday
but...i would really like to play sunday
ill even have people over if you guys dont mind driving to 83rd ave and van buren
im sure i can fit around 6 to 7 people here
i only have one set up though so if people came over wed need one or two more

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Justin, could you tell us more about the tourney? Like the time and where it's at? It's getting pretty close...

Top Bottom