• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Hey would anyone want to come to downtown for a brawlfest this sunday from like noon til 4 or 5? I'm really itching to get to know the Phx crowd and get some practice in before the el paso tournament. If we can get 4 or 5 people to commit, we'll do it.
I'd definitely be up for this if I'm able to go Sunday. I really need to get some practice and some games in with people here.

Oof, still not sure if I can come or not though, so it's a maybe >_>

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
AZ WAS too good.

In the past tense.

Fo'wid, Toe knee Jay, and Wiggles the Pigeon have to be more active!

The chopper of wood is beginning to step it up, though

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, so this sunday at my place:

Dastrn
Swoops
Dark Shifter
Abide

Any one else? We'll have 2 setups (assuming one of you brings a wii for my small tv.)

I need a doubles partner to practice with for El paso, so we can definitely do some doubles stuff sunday too.

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace

Dastrn
Swoops
Dark Shifter
Abide

Any one else? We'll have 2 setups (assuming one of you brings a wii for my small tv.)

I need a doubles partner to practice with for El paso, so we can definitely do some doubles stuff sunday too.
im not 100% that i can make it, you live wayyyy the **** out from me from both my places, asu and gilbert. i will see what i can do though.

edit: did you find anything out about the venue?

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
hitch a ride with someone.

shoot, bring along some noobs. Lets kickstart some ASU action.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
I might be able to come on Sunday. It depends if I end up going to mass early in the morning or later.

This is also assuming it's fine that a 14 year old comes. >.>

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
you live i think just too far away from me to get a ride over by someone. i searched google maps and this is what it gave me.

"Driving directions to E 9th St & Van Buren Ave, Douglas, AZ 85607
253 mi – about 4 hours 7 mins"

i would be down for that if it was like the el paso 3day brawl weekend sort of thing but ya. im still looking into that for nov 14-16. ill let you know if i can come soon.

i have been tryin to start up some asu smashing but with very little success. i sent out an email to everyone in each of my classes for a lil smashing back at my place. a got a couple emails back but only 1 person showed up. ill email everybody again for the el paso tourny and maybe get a few friendlies over here.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
...I think you got the wrong 9th St and Van Buren. Try searching on mapquest with the city Phoenix.

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
...I think you got the wrong 9th St and Van Buren. Try searching on mapquest with the city Phoenix.
haha, oh ****. i did find the wrong 9th and van buren, who knew there was more than one in az:confused:

anywhoo... i searched it up again and i got this

"Driving directions to N 9th St & E Van Buren St, Phoenix, AZ
11.1 mi – about 18 mins (up to 30 mins in traffic)"

this is MUCH better. if i can get a ride from someone, that would be awesome! :) ill chip in for some gas if needed, i litterally live at asu's campus so that is where i would need to get picked up. also i can bring a setup if we needed it.

what time did you want to start?

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
So, Dastrn, are you cool with taking me to Benson, or would you rather have someone else go in my stead?

It's your Jeep, so it's 100% your decision who does and doesn't get to ride in it.

fark

Smash Apprentice

Dastrn
Swoops
Dark Shifter
Abide

ill try to get one more person to go
and ill double with you
falco and g&w sounds good

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
TAI are you wanting a ride out there, but not going to the tourney? I think I'm a little confused.

****, we could try falco/G&W, although I'm mostly playing pikachu now. G&W would get us more kills with that team that Pikachu would, probably.

At my last tournament, I went G&W in singles and all DK in doubles, and that was HOT. It was mad fun, and I routinely got 5 kills out of our teams 6. We'll mess with different stuff and see what works best.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I want a ride to Benson, and I'll hang out with the Sierra Vista guys while you go to El Paso, and you can pick me up on the way back.

I'll still pay for gas.

fark

Smash Apprentice
TAI are you wanting a ride out there, but not going to the tourney? I think I'm a little confused.

****, we could try falco/G&W, although I'm mostly playing pikachu now. G&W would get us more kills with that team that Pikachu would, probably.

At my last tournament, I went G&W in singles and all DK in doubles, and that was HOT. It was mad fun, and I routinely got 5 kills out of our teams 6. We'll mess with different stuff and see what works best.
donkey or diddy>?
im assuming you mean donkey but ya well see what works

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I meant Donkey, although I do play just a little diddy, but I haven't kept up with his new techs.

TAI, if we have an empty spot for something like that, I'd be glad to. Otherwise, I'll probably fill up with people going to el paso.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
To TAI, MAX, FORWARD, AND DOOK.

I miss you guys :(

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
This was my impression of what Goop would have said if Kosuke and I walked to his house last week and wanted to play Melee:

(9:57:35 PM) xroflmaowtfx: "Oh, hello, Tai and Kos-kay. I see you're wearing plaid shorts... like a GOLFER. *makes a dry play on words and another joke* HUGH HUGH HUGH HUGH. Get out of my house."

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Tee you wana go to a guys house instead of coming to El Paso?

You don't know what your missing.
...Kweh. (Arturo, Tai is basically afraid that the Melee attendance will be lacking (Same with me). I mean, the thread looks like it's so going to be mainly Brawl.

While this may not stop me from going, it is giving me wavering thought...)

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
...Kweh. (Arturo, Tai is basically afraid that the Melee attendance will be lacking (Same with me). I mean, the thread looks like it's so going to be mainly Brawl.

While this may not stop me from going, it is giving me wavering thought...)
yah it does look like the melee might be slacking but if we get sponsors I will put up half of the money for melee how does that sound? At least half of the money I'm getting which kind of seems like it could be a 1000$ still don't know for sure but if I do get that money you better come even if the minute men here try and recruit you to send us mexicans back.

edit: how do you do invisible text?

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Oh, you are so pringles.
No pringles..I'm chocolate all the way >_>. Man did they get a lawsuit? If not, I'm surprised they got away with it :p

Dastrn
Swoops
Dark Shifter
Abide

Dastrn you BJJ...ist, I said I might be able to go, not a definite yet. Although, I'll try to make damn sure I can make it.
On a completely unrelated note...Brahma's actually got an event fight coming up.

Top Bottom