• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Well, Dastrn...

The host said that he's considering moving the Melee date.

EDIT:

Hey, Dastrn.. I just checked the route to El Paso.

It passes right by SV. Do you think I could pay you for gas and all that, but just have you drop me by Sierra Vista instead? I'll get Jeff to pick me up or something. You can probably just take me to Benson, which is like, five-ten minutes off the road to El Paso, and it's like, 45 mins from SV.

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
5 people in my jeep includes me. so i could take 4 others.

I won't go if we can't get back by 2am monday morning. If that means we don't stay on sunday for all the melee action, then so be it. I'm only going to compete for brawl, and I'm not interested in driving 6 hours all after midnight in order to get back monday morning, cause I have to work all day on monday, and I'd HATE to skip sleep and try to work all day staring at spreadsheets when I'm that tired.

It might make better sense to take two cars: both going friday, one coming back sometime sunday evening, one coming back super early monday morning.
oh that sounds good. my dad would just kill me if he found out i skipped monday's classes to go to a video game tourny. so i take it that brawl is on fri/sat and melee is on sunday?

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
DO IT FOR SIERRA MISTA

At least do it for the free pizza if attendance exceeds 20

PIZZA!

South_Paw

Smash Ace
i agree, and i shall bump the thread later to emphasize...

but yes, pizza deliciousness this weekend... GOOD pizza.. no flaking =P

i may have to switch to sundays btw, for gay work reasons... which will be confirmed later

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
i agree, and i shall bump the thread later to emphasize...

but yes, pizza deliciousness this weekend... GOOD pizza.. no flaking =P

i may have to switch to sundays btw, for gay work reasons... which will be confirmed later
What if the turnout is like, 18?

Will you at least pay for a large fraction of the pizza cost?

South_Paw

Smash Ace
negative... at least 20

this is as much to get people to try to get others to come more than a celebration of people showing up when they say they will

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wait, what's going on this weekend?

I've been dying for a smashfest.

TAI, what's in sierra vista? it's kinda far out of the way.

I guess we could probably drop you off at benson, just off 10.

Of course, all of this assumes I can make it to the tournament. I still need to confirm that I'm free that weekend.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Wait, what's going on this weekend?

I've been dying for a smashfest.

TAI, what's in sierra vista? it's kinda far out of the way.

I guess we could probably drop you off at benson, just off 10.

Of course, all of this assumes I can make it to the tournament. I still need to confirm that I'm free that weekend.
Oh, I just like the Sierra Vista guys a lot, and I think I'd have more fun hanging/playing Melee with them than at a tourney.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
how in the hell is there a random tournament director thats been around longer than me that i dont know about?!?! O_o

anyways, yes, they are melee only... time to adjust the sig i guess...

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh, I kinda don't play Melee anymore. I don't want to put the energy into learning it again.

No problem with melee folks or anything. I love the game. I just don't have any interest in keeping myself up on it.

South_paw, I'm not from here. I just moved to Phx like 10 days ago. I was a big midwest host, and just an average smasher. But i moved to phx recently, and i'm anxious to see what ya'll got!

Brawlfest at my place next weekend? I'm downtown (van buren and 9th street), and i can host about 7-8 people, I guess.

Dastrn, did you find anything new about the Regional tourney thing you were gonna host?
I haven't really looked into a venue yet. Just trying to get to know the area first. I think I have a lead on a place out in Gilbert, but I don't know if I want to go that far out of town. I live like a long loogie spit from the airport; It seems like it'd be silly to go 25 miles away when I could find something downtown and make the whole "pick up MD/VA/MW/FLA kids at the airport" thing a lot harder.

ABIDE

Smash Apprentice
Oh, I kinda don't play Melee anymore. I don't want to put the energy into learning it again.

No problem with melee folks or anything. I love the game. I just don't have any interest in keeping myself up on it.

South_paw, I'm not from here. I just moved to Phx like 10 days ago. I was a big midwest host, and just an average smasher. But i moved to phx recently, and i'm anxious to see what ya'll got!

Brawlfest at my place next weekend? I'm downtown (van buren and 9th street), and i can host about 7-8 people, I guess.

I haven't really looked into a venue yet. Just trying to get to know the area first. I think I have a lead on a place out in Gilbert, but I don't know if I want to go that far out of town. I live like a long loogie spit from the airport; It seems like it'd be silly to go 25 miles away when I could find something downtown and make the whole "pick up MD/VA/MW/FLA kids at the airport" thing a lot harder.

I think me and **** can play next weekend.

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace

my house is over in gilbert. let me know if anything goes down on a weekend. i can prolly attend. :)

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
double post, sorry.

but yay! i just got my lan adapter for my wii so i can play online again(i live in a dorm type place with no wireless :/ ). add my brawl friend code now! lets play :) if i get off and you see me get on, add me to a match and ill just assume its someone from here (i can only be online with one machine at a time in my room, stupid single dsl modem *****).

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
double post, sorry.

but yay! i just got my lan adapter for my wii so i can play online again(i live in a dorm type place with no wireless :/ ). add my brawl friend code now! lets play :) if i get off and you see me get on, add me to a match and ill just assume its someone from here (i can only be online with one machine at a time in my room, stupid single dsl modem *****).
I will play you. AIM me sometime: dookdigity

Also Forward and I were talking, how does another big "out of state welcomed" tournament sound? I have the perfect venue: Sweet Cakes on Main st in Mesa. Forward said he can get Isai (or try) to come for the 64 events. There are already around 20 confirmed 64 Smashers that will go. Give about 4 months until the date. There will be 64, Melee, Brawl. Trust me it will be ran extremely well and the venue has food/bathroom (f*ck going across the street to pee every 10 minutes)/soda fountains/projector for certain tv's. It will be epic. Just checking if you are all down with something like that. It could be around Jan/Feb or later. Let me know what you guys think. I am going to go to the venue today to check the outlets and power capabilities.

Should be a fun tournament for all!

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
I want it to be done in 1 day. That is the goal because the owners are Mormon and I know for a fact they won't run it on a Sunday. Unless it is a Friday/Saturday tournament (maybe there is a holiday on a Friday that school/work could be off (I doubt it but I can check)) but if we get around 22 setups (it can fit 22, it is a lot but for 1 day) and I already have 3 people who know Tio to the key that can run that part of the tournament. I think we can pull it off in 1 day if we don't **** around for the first few hours and start it at 10 AM. I will keep looking into it. 2 days makes more sense but I really hate going to two day tournaments.

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace

Also Forward and I were talking, how does another big "out of state welcomed" tournament sound? I have the perfect venue: Sweet Cakes on Main st in Mesa. Forward said he can get Isai (or try) to come for the 64 events. There are already around 20 confirmed 64 Smashers that will go. Give about 4 months until the date. There will be 64, Melee, Brawl. Trust me it will be ran extremely well and the venue has food/bathroom (f*ck going across the street to pee every 10 minutes)/soda fountains/projector for certain tv's. It will be epic. Just checking if you are all down with something like that. It could be around Jan/Feb or later. Let me know what you guys think. I am going to go to the venue today to check the outlets and power capabilities.

im on now for any challenges :)

aim is darkshifter999

Wizards Bane

Smash Rookie

If this actually happens I love you.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey would anyone want to come to downtown for a brawlfest this sunday from like noon til 4 or 5? I'm really itching to get to know the Phx crowd and get some practice in before the el paso tournament. If we can get 4 or 5 people to commit, we'll do it.

fark

Smash Apprentice
Hey would anyone want to come to downtown for a brawlfest this sunday from like noon til 4 or 5? I'm really itching to get to know the Phx crowd and get some practice in before the el paso tournament. If we can get 4 or 5 people to commit, we'll do it.
im downsdvdaasaas

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
give me cross streets and ill see if i can.

also, im itching to get some matches right now, just send me a im over aim: darkshifter999

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
9th street and van buren are the cross streets. I'm like 2 blocks from the ball field.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord

Do this....as long as its not anywhere between Feb13-22nd, I'll be busy then. I'll bring hacked Brawl.

Top Bottom