• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

In2D

Smash Apprentice
Alright, maybe no talking to a little too excessive but my rules were looking skim and I wanted another one haha. Oh, 3 Stock no items of course!

In2D

Smash Apprentice
Jy was the victim and Ryan was the perp, but I dont remember what his tag was, its like tree or something

Corigames

Smash Hero
No, TREE was my friend Derek and he got knocked out at the same time as I did and we left before the incident happened.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Treeko?

That's the only tree related name I've seen on this thread. If it is him, then old school mindgames involve old school *** kickings.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
Tuscon gets together a lot..... Lucky.....
It wasn't really like that for melee, at least not for me. from august to now, i only played melee with other people besides friends at the tournament i hosted in october. now that i'm 18, drive, and have money for gas, i drive up to u of a to play people since its not too far from my girlfriends work whic i have to drive her to.

-Pausing to look for a C4 is no more tournament legal than unplugging
Agreed, i remember when it happened and i'm sure the match would have turned out differently had nicknyte not paused.

GG we really need to get in some matches.
Yeah lol, all we got was like 1.5 3 person FFA's, which was funny as hell cause of what happened when elvis KO'd me lol. But yeah, we'll play 1on1 next time i go, which will probably be sometime in the next week or two

2. He is used to your way of playing because you play him so much. I lean towards this Theory.
This one is viable when it comes to why he beats valor and 2d, but i wouldn't use it as basis for your argument for why you think you're better than him.

The real reason is, he shaved his head and looks like a monk now. With the hair went the smash powers. I beat him in 3 marth dittos yesterday, which shuoldn't have happened, since he two stocked me last time we played. I don't consider myself better than him becuase of that. i would say we're close, and he was probably having an off day.

See all you U of A guys soon i hope

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Um, Learn when I'm joking around. I'm not really all that pompus. It's just a game. I don't even Have Brawl so I think I'm **** good for not having the game.

In2D

Smash Apprentice
Hey hey, i'm just trying a new strategy, talk as much **** as possible so that people will know who I am, isn't that the way that it is supposed to go? Haha, I'll let jetfour step in from now and let him deal with this stuff.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
If you meet me on AIM, I will tell you the secret to playing better at this game. (No, not camping. I'm being serious.)

PXG

Smash Journeyman
I suck at this game ;_;

Also, Adam can beat me with his game and watch. I think I need a counter.
G&W is BULL****! I can beat you with no effort at all with him. And this is why I am starting to dislike Brawl a little. Its still a whole lot better than Melee, but what turns me off is how easy it is to pick up a character nowadays. Sure, this game is more about match ups, counters, and stage layout (also, it was never intended to be competitive) but its disheartening when I can play pretty much any character and be able to hold my own against someone else's main. I am not going to give myself too much credit. Yes, I am good at Brawl, but its "pick up and play" ability makes counter picking, spamming, camping and plain ole cheap bull**** take priority over pure skill. That's not cool.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
That's not cool.
That's no good. Thanks for the Advice KGA but seriously, I'm fine, my Luigi is **** good and I can beat most guy that swing my way, BUT stupid G&W beats me easily.

Then again, I suck at the game (this is an inside joke, don't take this seriously)

No seriously, I suck at this game.

Statistics

Smash Cadet
G&W is BULL****! I can beat you with no effort at all with him. And this is why I am starting to dislike Brawl a little. Its still a whole lot better than Melee, but what turns me off is how easy it is to pick up a character nowadays. Sure, this game is more about match ups, counters, and stage layout (also, it was never intended to be competitive) but its disheartening when I can play pretty much any character and be able to hold my own against someone else's main. I am not going to give myself too much credit. Yes, I am good at Brawl, but its "pick up and play" ability makes counter picking, spamming, camping and plain ole cheap bull**** take priority over pure skill. That's not cool.
Might I suggest Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike? There are absolutely NO repeatable and abusable strategies in that game (Except Yun's Genei-Jin and Chun Li's normals), mastery of a character counts for much more, and parries will make you opponent think twice about doing that anti-air attack every time you jump.

Northbound is into it, and he's cool. DON'T YOU WANT TO BE COOL?

What am I saying... This is smashboards. Nobody here plays Street Fighter. :(

PXG

Smash Journeyman
Taking a break from Mario Kart and messing around in Brawl....G&W kills Toon Link at 75% with a regular up smash. Fully charged kills him at 43%. Wow......

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
<_< ... 私はなぜこの白痴的なフォーラムにたむろしますか?

Yep, G and W is one of the lightest characters.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
This just in:

Lucas and Ness are bottom tier. A new infinite chain grab has been found on them that is doable by every character. All you do is grab -> grab attack -> wait for them to break out -> regrab -> repeat

Try it.

Northbound

Smash Rookie
Smashfest @ McClintock Hall 12:00 pm tomorrow

Weekly smashfest will take place tomorrow at the ASU McClintock Hall 12:00 BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER.

Duff0

Smash Ace
Well, you missed the weeklies at ASU, the weeklies at Vatzero's place and you missed.... umm, that's it.

CHUK

Smash Ace
This just in:

Lucas and Ness are bottom tier. A new infinite chain grab has been found on them that is doable by every character. All you do is grab -> grab attack -> wait for them to break out -> regrab -> repeat

Try it.
DK can do this in smash 64.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
That is escapable CHUK. By a slight, mere margin, it is escapable. But yes, that is ****.

PS, thanks for the pro tip Dan. Any new findings is great for me. I'll go test it out right now.

EDIT: ... It is escapable. When you escape from a grab, apparently you can *jump* away from it in the air or *DI* away. Yeah, it's weird. But, you learn new stuff everyday.

Top Bottom