• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Ask Snakeee Stuff... about Stuff" Thread

kuenzel

Smash Ace
Snakeee, ZSS has a "silent blaster shot" similar to falco's when you land during the animation on the right frame.. im curious, does this put her at the same frame advantage as it does with falco's silent laser?
I've played around with it before, and other than the silence, there doesn't seem to be an advantages from using it- Unlike Falco's, it shoots at the same height as if you did it standing. There might be slightly less ending lag on the move if done silenced, or it could just be my imagination. Anywho, if there is, I don't think its very signifigant.
The silence works with a charged and uncharged shot.

A landing plasma wire also gets silenced when landed correctly. Its strange though, because if you land it a little off (just a little) it wont get entirely silenced: it will make a sound similar to that of a missed up-air.
Weird.

Buuman

Smash Ace
During hitstun, when u get knocked off the stage, the best thing to do is your fastest aerial (in this case, up air)->fastfall(if above) + second jump if knocked off horizontally, for most characters. Now under momentum canceling, they say that you can do an aerial or airdodge before you can perform any B attacks, however the down B cancels momentum. So my question is, when you get knocked off you up air, fastfall, then I'm not sure if u should down B when at high percents because the up air comes out fast enough to allow you to do specials. So instead of down Bing immediately, would u want to use the Up air first the slow momentum down, cancel hit stun, and then down B? I'm just curious on this, cause I realize that down b reverses momentum. But I also know that u can do any aerial or air dodge way before you can down B. I just need some clarification on this lol ^_^

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I thought doing a special in that timing caused a weird BOUNCE that can often kill you. Except for the three special, specials(Bucket, Spinning Kong and Yoshi's weird Egg Roll move).

Snakeee

Smash Master
I've played around with it before, and other than the silence, there doesn't seem to be an advantages from using it- Unlike Falco's, it shoots at the same height as if you did it standing. There might be slightly less ending lag on the move if done silenced, or it could just be my imagination. Anywho, if there is, I don't think its very signifigant.
The silence works with a charged and uncharged shot.

A landing plasma wire also gets silenced when landed correctly. Its strange though, because if you land it a little off (just a little) it wont get entirely silenced: it will make a sound similar to that of a missed up-air.
Weird.
Oh, I always short hop my paralyzer shots, and you can make it so that you land with less lag.

During hitstun, when u get knocked off the stage, the best thing to do is your fastest aerial (in this case, up air)->fastfall(if above) + second jump if knocked off horizontally, for most characters. Now under momentum canceling, they say that you can do an aerial or airdodge before you can perform any B attacks, however the down B cancels momentum. So my question is, when you get knocked off you up air, fastfall, then I'm not sure if u should down B when at high percents because the up air comes out fast enough to allow you to do specials. So instead of down Bing immediately, would u want to use the Up air first the slow momentum down, cancel hit stun, and then down B? I'm just curious on this, cause I realize that down b reverses momentum. But I also know that u can do any aerial or air dodge way before you can down B. I just need some clarification on this lol ^_^
I up air- down B like you said, but only if I really need the down B because otherwise it is best saved for last. It feels like it works the same way as G&W's, but even if it doesn't the fact that it has momentum in the direction you want might cancel out the "bounce" effect anyway. Someone should test it out though.

Are you going to that SWR thing on january 3rd? :)
Hmm, I didn't really know about it but maybe. Can you link me to that?

Is it Snake EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE or just Snake and holding the last syllable?
Was supposed to be Snake, but I'd rather it be "Snakey" at this point to be distinctive since Snake the character is in this game. (I answered this already btw -_-)

ADHD

Smash Hero
Oh, I always short hop my paralyzer shots, and you can make it so that you land with less lag.

I up air- down B like you said, but only if I really need the down B because otherwise it is best saved for last. It feels like it works the same way as G&W's, but even if it doesn't the fact that it has momentum in the direction you want might cancel out the "bounce" effect anyway. Someone should test it out though.

Hmm, I didn't really know about it but maybe. Can you link me to that?

Was supposed to be Snake, but I'd rather it be "Snakey" at this point to be distinctive since Snake the character is in this game. (I answered this already btw -_-)
It's in passaic half hour away from the city lemme get a link. http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=3880 idk about spamerer, but supposibly atomsk, inui and antizzle are going. Antizzle thinks he'll place first. LMFAO!!!

Chaco

Never Logs In
Should I get out of the habit of SHing my lazor shots?
No, it causes less landing lag.

And SH is good. I know no one else uses it, that I know of, but I like to use SH'd Nairs, only letting the front hit come out, and ground cancelling the rest. Makes for a good spacer.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Can I have a little insight on the Kirby vs ZSS match up. I played a touch Kirby player, and she caught on and crouch punished me loads.

Saki Zatoichi

Smash Ace
How often do you get pissed when people ask you if you main Snake? (I'm going to say you don't get pissed off at all, from what I can tell, you're a very relaxed guy)

If you could have the chance to take ZSS out on a date, where would you take her?

kuenzel

Smash Ace
If you could have the chance to take ZSS out on a date, where would you take her?
Hmmm... what do you think ZSS would want to go? A restaurant? She's pretty athletic... maybe the arena? Or the science museum, so she can scan everything with her info-visor?

No, I think I'd get her to spend a night playing Brawl with me. I mean, who'd be the best ZSS main other than herself?

Pachi

Smash Rookie
I was wondering do you use your grab? If so when do you use it. I try to use it after i shot a fully charged paralyze shot to try to catch them off guard since the start up grab is bad :/ and sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't

Snakeee

Smash Master
I've heard stuff about her SH being awful, would like to know your input about it; and do you ever use F smash?
The short hop itself is bad compared to others because of the height...but that doesn't mean it's not useful to short hop her aerials. B-airs in this fashion are especially useful as long as you space them so that you don't get shield grabbed. I also have been doing auto-cancelled up airs a lot lately, and they seem to be especially useful against metaknight.

Can I have a little insight on the Kirby vs ZSS match up. I played a touch Kirby player, and she caught on and crouch punished me loads.
ZSS definitely has an advantage against Kirby, but you need to learn the match up. Camp him with forward B/paralyzer/d-smash until he gets somewhat close then react to whatever he does accordingly. Be aggressive once you have him in the air, more so if you're very good at spacing. Because if you're under him you need to be very precise to consistently beat his d-air with your up air. ZSS' aerials all have more range than his.

How often do you get pissed when people ask you if you main Snake? (I'm going to say you don't get pissed off at all, from what I can tell, you're a very relaxed guy)

To the first one, no I pretty much expect people to ask that :laugh:
And to the second...lol. Well, she doesn't seem like the typical girl so...you know what I'd let her decide that's the beauty of girls that don't require chivalry.

Gayest =/= best
I love that stage too. I assume you know of/use down B from one ledge to get to a higher ledge? :bee:

Chaco

Never Logs In
Lol, I started to learn the match up pretty quickly after posting this. Thanks though man.

Hmm, I might start using ZSS as a main. I'm going to start hosting a bi-weekly in like Feb. So we'll see how I do.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I love that stage too. I assume you know of/use down B from one ledge to get to a higher ledge? :bee:
All I know about that stage is, if a D3 player stays D3 there, you can camp and win no matter what...:laugh: Oh, and that d-smash inside of the safe-room is broken...But, yes, I do.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
All I know about that stage is, if a D3 player stays D3 there, you can camp and win no matter what...:laugh: Oh, and that d-smash inside of the safe-room is broken...But, yes, I do.
Some of my opponents still go into the "safe" room on that stage. I have no clue why.

And to the second...lol. Well, she doesn't seem like the typical girl so...you know what I'd let her decide that's the beauty of girls that don't require chivalry.
Ahh, but what if she decides to make you choose?

Kogarashi

Smash Cadet
Ok, I have to ask when up against a Sheik player who's decent I have a bit of trouble staying out of the close range when it gets to a mid-range battle.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't like being up close against a Sheik, and could use some advice on how to play against her.

Now long ranger going into Mid-range isn't as much of a problem for me the only thing that gets annoying are her darts. While it makes you stutter if it hits You can still get a counter up before Sheik gets to you.

Usually I check the Video archive, but there's only 1 Video and it's been removed T_T

Bouse

Smash Ace
How viable do you think murdering your opponent is mid-match?

It's an AT that some say is "OP", and shouldn't be allowed in tournaments, but I disagree.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Ok, I have to ask when up against a Sheik player who's decent I have a bit of trouble staying out of the close range when it gets to a mid-range battle.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't like being up close against a Sheik, and could use some advice on how to play against her.

Now long ranger going into Mid-range isn't as much of a problem for me the only thing that gets annoying are her darts. While it makes you stutter if it hits You can still get a counter up before Sheik gets to you.

Usually I check the Video archive, but there's only 1 Video and it's been removed T_T
Darts? They're needles lol. For one thing, realize that you can Down B out of her f-tilt. She really beats you at just about any range on the ground, and because of that I don't enjoy this match up very much. All I can really say right now is try to keep the battle in the air/off the stage as much as possible (although it's like that in a lot of match ups)

How viable do you think murdering your opponent is mid-match?

It's an AT that some say is "OP", and shouldn't be allowed in tournaments, but I disagree.
Well, it holds more water than the "metaknight ban" debate...

Ah, he's a XII person. It's a great game.
It was VII not XII...and that was in the quote so I don't get how you got that mixed up lol...btw sorry but I didn't like XII much at all :(

Chaco

Never Logs In
It was VII not XII...and that was in the quote so I don't get how you got that mixed up lol...btw sorry but I didn't like XII much at all :(
Sorry I'm playing FFX right now. So I just typed X there instead of V.

Top Bottom