• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Ask Snakeee Stuff... about Stuff" Thread

Yankee

Smash Apprentice
I wanted to see that CH4.5. But Atomsk beat NL so Snakeee fought Atomsk instead. Destroyed him on Rainbow Cruise. That match was awesome. :p
You just gave me a question :laugh:
Snakeee your love for lylat cruise made me give it a try and make it one of my favorite stages. So i want to know what makes you like rainbow cruise so much and are there any specific match ups that you feel are better on that stage?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Uh, I use L lol
You're weird.

Haha what do you want pics of? My hands??? o_O
That'd be sexy.

Okay, this has always bothered me:

1) Is your name really pronounced "Snake-EY" Or is your name just Snake with two extra E's and everyone just calls you Snake-Ey.
I always pronounced it Snake- Eyyyyyy. Like the Fonz. I even do two thumbs up when I say it.

---------------------------------------------
Snakeee never answered my question.

Snakeee

Smash Master
You just gave me a question :laugh:
Snakeee your love for lylat cruise made me give it a try and make it one of my favorite stages. So i want to know what makes you like rainbow cruise so much and are there any specific match ups that you feel are better on that stage?
That's good about Lylat :). Rainbow keeps the game in the air a lot which is where ZSS shines. Also,there are a lot of parts where the opponent is going to have to move in order to keep up with the moving stage. Because of that you can pressure them/camp them with your range. Another thing is that ZSS' high jumps especially with up B boosting lets her reach just about any platform at any time.

Snakeee why don't you use more Zelda/Sheik as well?
I AM starting to use them more lol. My last tournament results actually listed me as using them as well.

Ph00tbag I'm not sure what question you're talking about :dizzy:

jibbyjaont

Smash Journeyman
Do you use your down B for situations other than for recovery? I usually do to get away but do you use it offensively?

Snakeee

Smash Master
Do you use your down B for situations other than for recovery? I usually do to get away but do you use it offensively?
Yeah, I use it to attack, to get out of combos, and to foostool characters/items on the stage.

For attacking, I make sure not to use it unless I can't really be punished. If your opponent charges a smash you almost always have enough time to hit them with it. For one example if they do that as an edge guard I will point her feet away from the stage while using it to send them off the stage and often KO.

I also use it at the end of an aerial combo. It stays out long so it's sometimes impossible to airdodge. You can even spike people from the very top of the stage like this. :chuckle:

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
What's the most awkward thing about Zss to get used to for a newbie to her in your opinion?

Favorite aspect of her or aspect that should be abused the most?

kinda wanna make her one of my seconds since I'm trying to find a few decent ones. Wanna get really good w/ her though since I've played some good ones and I main Peach (y'kno, that one thread we have down there, lol).

OverLade

Smash Hero

Munas

Smash Cadet
To me the nair seems shorter ranged and slower than most of her other aerials yet I noticed you using it a fair bit in certain matches. What is the nair useful for?

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
To me the nair seems shorter ranged and slower than most of her other aerials yet I noticed you using it a fair bit in certain matches. What is the nair useful for?
N-air is a good refresher as well as being able to pop your enemy up into the air.

Adapt

Smash Lord
Cake... Nair doesn't enter the stale moves queue

Nair is the second fastest aerial and it never decays. I find it clanks/beats more moves because it is slightly disjointed.

I use it as a "getawayfromme" move when a character is too close in the air

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Snakeeeeeeeee

I was trying to use ZSS the other day to study her playstyle- because I have difficulty playing against her. I noticed that ZSS and Olimar are very similar. They both have excellent range, their recoveries are somewhat similar, (though ZSS' is much better of course) and they both have a diagonal weak spot. This was only from a day of using her though.

To make a long story short, I'm wondering if this (diagonals) is really a weakness ZSS and Olimar share. I think I'm seeing the similarities between the two characters and I'm subconsciously trying to get past this weakness the way I do with Olimar. The difference though is that I've got a handle on masking it with Olimar, but I haven't been using ZSS very long at all. It's confusing me and I don't know what to do...

Snakeee

Smash Master
What's the most awkward thing about Zss to get used to for a newbie to her in your opinion?

Favorite aspect of her or aspect that should be abused the most?

kinda wanna make her one of my seconds since I'm trying to find a few decent ones. Wanna get really good w/ her though since I've played some good ones and I main Peach (y'kno, that one thread we have down there, lol).
She controls very differently from other characters. Just getting past that awkwardness is the first step.

Snakeeeeeeeee!

Come give you 2cents on TL vs ZSS match up http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=212164

Also good job not taking me lightly at CH4.5......in friendlies lol....you know "that" combo was a fluke >_>
Ok, that match up is weird though I don't know how I would rank it. What do you think? I think TL outcamps her yet I have to put pressure on you anyway, which somehow works out lol. And yeah, those were fun friendlies, I just really wanted to stay on the TV :laugh:

I recently picked up Zamus. I have a few videos if you could check those out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sicamsj8etI&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAar6dRG8sk&feature=channel_page

But now to more direct questions.

What are Zamus' best stages? I think FD, PS1 and Lylat are pretty good for her, but what stages do you like, and dislike.

edit:
And I noticed you dont grab or reverse grab alot. That's because it's punishable I'm assuming?
I'll check them out when I have the time.
Best stages - Battlefield, Lylat, Rainbow Cruise, Norfair, Pokemon Stadium 1
Worst - Frigate, Delphino...after that probably Halberd and Smashville (platform messes up edgeguarding and sometimes recovery) but those aren't a big deal at all. She really doesn't do terribly on any stages.

What is the most memorable moment of you using ZSS.
For now, probably defeating Chu Dat the first time :)

Snakeeeeeeeee

I was trying to use ZSS the other day to study her playstyle- because I have difficulty playing against her. I noticed that ZSS and Olimar are very similar. They both have excellent range, their recoveries are somewhat similar, (though ZSS' is much better of course) and they both have a diagonal weak spot. This was only from a day of using her though.

To make a long story short, I'm wondering if this (diagonals) is really a weakness ZSS and Olimar share. I think I'm seeing the similarities between the two characters and I'm subconsciously trying to get past this weakness the way I do with Olimar. The difference though is that I've got a handle on masking it with Olimar, but I haven't been using ZSS very long at all. It's confusing me and I don't know what to do...
It is a weakness, but it's not too hard to get around with her manueverability. Save your down B and use that to get away from aerial attacks as you anticipate them.

Have you teamed with anyone else besides your brother?
Yeah I've teamed with Bum, NinjaLink, Nacker, Inui, Yes!, Andy G, Blackanese, Ron....and a couple more.
Soon to be on that list I believe- M2K

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
here's a burning question i face every time i use zss...

Why does the middle section of side-b sometimes completely bypasses the opponent and will not hit them at all? Keep in mind that no side stepping was used at all.
Deadzone between the hitbox on the barrel of the gun and the tip.

ryanf325

Smash Rookie
you forgot to answer my question, or just didn't see it :(

my original post was on page 8, around 3/4 way down

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I asked how to romance a lady. I totally have no idea, and was wondering if you could help. :(
Who needs to romance her? Just use the 100% guaranteed pick-up-line.
"Hey, does this smell like chloroform to you?"
Works every time.:laugh:

Snakeee

Smash Master
I asked how to romance a lady. I totally have no idea, and was wondering if you could help. :(
I play it really campy, and wait for them to approach me. Then I counter their approach with an up tilt. After that, I pressure their shield with down smash until I am able to poke through their shield with my forward B.

...oh and Merry Christmas to all :)

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Snakeee, If Impact was in this game would you play him and give up ZSS?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Snakeeee why are you so sexy?

And a serious ZSS questions. I know she is very limited on the edge, so what would you say are the best options while on the ledge?

Snakeee

Smash Master
Snakeeee why are you so sexy?

And a serious ZSS questions. I know she is very limited on the edge, so what would you say are the best options while on the ledge?

I don't know but thank you lol.
And WHATTTT how is she limited on the ledge. She is almost as annoying as Meta there, and I'm known to "plank" the ledge myself :laugh:
Let's see the best options are...

1. Ledge hop paralyzer shot - you can shoot it on the way up, and automatically grab the ledge again.
2. ............ forward B - can both use to pressure them away, and you can land on the stage with it
3. ............ up air
4. ............ b-air
5. get up attack while over 100%- has invincibility, about the same range as Marth's f-smash, and even if it's shielded the hitstun is usually enough for you to be able to shield/dodge/down B before your opponent can hit you.
6. Down B - I let go of the ledge and down B back onto it a lot to stall. While using it to get on the stage, usually I special footstool.

Kogarashi

Smash Cadet
Snakeee, I'm just curious are short jumps with ZSS are Short Jumps "required" to be able to get people with Forward Air A when people are at higher percents?

I always have trouble knocking other people off the stage until they're at 120%+.

Whenever I do it in the air with regular jumps it seems easy to avoid unless you just catch the other player off guard, or I just am bad at timing them T_T

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
dude i was using zss and was wooping my friends metaknights *** and I was running around the stage like a little ***** playing cat and mouse and he was getting pissed sinced he ran into the whip alot lol

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Snakeee, I'm just curious are short jumps with ZSS are Short Jumps "required" to be able to get people with Forward Air A when people are at higher percents?

I always have trouble knocking other people off the stage until they're at 120%+.

Whenever I do it in the air with regular jumps it seems easy to avoid unless you just catch the other player off guard, or I just am bad at timing them T_T
SHFF your F-airs.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
I don't go to many tournaments, so I want to know- how often do you get people off the edge with d-smash? I land it on CPUs like nothing, and If you get it off its pretty much a free kill.
Playing against people, however, is alot different. Against GOOD players, how often can you get them stunned off the edge w/ down smash?
Should this be a reliable stradedgy in tournaments or is it easily avoidable?

ryanf325

Smash Rookie
Snakeee, ZSS has a "silent blaster shot" similar to falco's when you land during the animation on the right frame.. im curious, does this put her at the same frame advantage as it does with falco's silent laser?

Chaco

Never Logs In
I don't know but thank you lol.
And WHATTTT how is she limited on the ledge. She is almost as annoying as Meta there, and I'm known to "plank" the ledge myself :laugh:
Let's see the best options are...

1. Ledge hop paralyzer shot - you can shoot it on the way up, and automatically grab the ledge again.
2. ............ forward B - can both use to pressure them away, and you can land on the stage with it
3. ............ up air
4. ............ b-air
5. get up attack while over 100%- has invincibility, about the same range as Marth's f-smash, and even if it's shielded the hitstun is usually enough for you to be able to shield/dodge/down B before your opponent can hit you.
6. Down B - I let go of the ledge and down B back onto it a lot to stall. While using it to get on the stage, usually I special footstool.
Such modestly. lol

But yeah, when I came and asked that. It was after playing a wolf, that was SHing Laser spam, and throwing out Fsmashes as soon as I got up. I'd dodge it, But he'd knock me back off with jab. That helps though. Thanks.

Snakeee

Smash Master
I don't go to many tournaments, so I want to know- how often do you get people off the edge with d-smash? I land it on CPUs like nothing, and If you get it off its pretty much a free kill.
Playing against people, however, is alot different. Against GOOD players, how often can you get them stunned off the edge w/ down smash?
Should this be a reliable stradedgy in tournaments or is it easily avoidable?
Well, against top players I don't land it too often. It tends to work a lot against your average tournament player though. Even for top players, it limits them to recover in a certain way, and you can react accordingly knowing they will make sure to avoid d-smash range.

Snakeee, ZSS has a "silent blaster shot" similar to falco's when you land during the animation on the right frame.. im curious, does this put her at the same frame advantage as it does with falco's silent laser?
I'm honestly not sure, but someone should check that out.

Such modestly. lol

But yeah, when I came and asked that. It was after playing a wolf, that was SHing Laser spam, and throwing out Fsmashes as soon as I got up. I'd dodge it, But he'd knock me back off with jab. That helps though. Thanks.
Np, make sure you move backwards a bit when you let go of the ledge for neutral B and side B so you can't get hit.

Top Bottom