• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Ask Snakeee Stuff... about Stuff" Thread

Sanzi

Smash Apprentice
Snakeee do you set your c stick to special for wavebouncing, or is it not worth it with zss? Referring to her side b.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Ooh, I got a question. i might need to get a vid up for you. But I was revolving around aerials when playing ZSS now. My ground game isn't near as good as my aerial one. But, do you think it's bad to be more aerial bound while using ZSS?

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Ooh, I got a question. i might need to get a vid up for you. But I was revolving around aerials when playing ZSS now. My ground game isn't near as good as my aerial one. But, do you think it's bad to be more aerial bound while using ZSS?
ZSS has a huge aerial game. Your ground game should be focused on getting your opponent into the air most of the time.

Sunstar

Smash Apprentice
Hi
The day before yesterday I fought lots of brawls against a very good Wolf (mostly on Final Destination). His spacing was great an his edgeguarding was kind of evil.

Most of the time the battles between us were quite balanced...
But one thing of his gameplay was really really ANNOYING!
He just stands there near the edge (facing to the middle of the map) and uses his normal spezial move - the laser.
I really don't know what to do against that... I tried to airdodge the lasers, tried to powershild, spotdoge, f-spezial and d-spezial
But I had no chance... when I get near wolf, either his weapon or one of his tilts or smashes knocks me back and the whole issue begins again
The only reason for me having a chance against that was our code of honor play.......

do you have some hints for me?

Adapt

Smash Lord
^^ I was gonna make a topic about that

pity the data is not statistically significant yet... less than 50 tourney iirc. I expect her to drop to around 14th (which is still better than she was doing for the fall season.)

Congrats all who contributed to her highest placing yet! :)

Adapt

Smash Lord
I love how ZSS being A rank is basically from 2 or 3 people.
While all the most points came from Dazwa, Snakeee, (and maybe Claw). There was still some diversity of ZSS users: (I think I got everyone but I may have missed 1 or 2)

5 MSAS (Zero Suit Samus)
2 Snakeee (Zero Suit Samus)
1 Dazwa (Zero Suit Samus/Kirby/Meta Knight)
3 Snakeee (Zero Suit Samus)
7 KOF (Zero Suit Samus/ZeldaSheik)
3 FadedImage (Zero Suit Samus)
2 Dazwa (Zero Suit Samus/Meta Knight/Diddy Kong/Marth/Kirby)
1 Snakeee (Zero Suit Samus/ZeldaSheik)
3 Claw (Zero Suit Samus
3 Minus (Falco/Zero Suit Samus)
7 Nick Riddle (Zero Suit Samus)
5 Lee-sama (Falco/Zero Suit Samus)

Dazwa also shares his ZSS points with a bunch of other characters...

Snakeee

Smash Master
Hi
The day before yesterday I fought lots of brawls against a very good Wolf (mostly on Final Destination). His spacing was great an his edgeguarding was kind of evil.

Most of the time the battles between us were quite balanced...
But one thing of his gameplay was really really ANNOYING!
He just stands there near the edge (facing to the middle of the map) and uses his normal spezial move - the laser.
I really don't know what to do against that... I tried to airdodge the lasers, tried to powershild, spotdoge, f-spezial and d-spezial
But I had no chance... when I get near wolf, either his weapon or one of his tilts or smashes knocks me back and the whole issue begins again
The only reason for me having a chance against that was our code of honor play.......

do you have some hints for me?
Oh yeah that's what I call "Wifi Wolf" because every Wolf player on wifi does that and it's much harder to punish there. Just ledge hop and airdodge at the right time for the laser and as you land shield the f-smash if he goes fo that. I think you can up tilt him out of shield after the f-smash, but if not you at least have the time to jab him. (only use one jab then go for d-tilt or down B away from him)

Hey Snakeee

My question is...

*pound*?
*Que noisemakers* Break out the champagne :chuckle:

^^ I was gonna make a topic about that

pity the data is not statistically significant yet... less than 50 tourney iirc. I expect her to drop to around 14th (which is still better than she was doing for the fall season.)

Congrats all who contributed to her highest placing yet! :)
Thanks, but I think she will hold the spot

knightzy

Smash Journeyman
haha,well i came cause i decided to go zss agian,so now i have olimar,zss,ic and marth,anything found that i should know about while i was'nt here?

~PsykoTek~

Smash Cadet
Yeah, but I really can only seem to be good with the female characters: Sheik, Zelda, Peach, and... Marth
Ewwww Marth, shim has a nasty ******, and no one answered my question D:

Ok Mr. "ask me anything about anything"

WHAT COLOR IS MY UNDERWEAR!?!?!?! D:<

Nah but srsly how can I better utilite ZSS's NAIR? :/
BTW could you reply to that PM i sent you Snakeee?

kuenzel

Smash Ace
Let me try and explain the question I want to ask through this example:

When I play Smash against my brother 1v1 (which isn't much cause he doesn't live with me), My first match with him I play as ZSS. I play afew rounds, and when I feel like switching, I go to Ike, the closest thing I have to a secondary. After that, when I've still been smoking him, I go to ROB, then Snake... etc.

They are preferred characters to play, my skill with each only being a small factor. Well, one night I went to the trouble of ranking every single character in this way. At the bottom of my list was Wario, Yoshi, Sonic and PT.

Which would you say are at the top of your "list"? Which are at the bottom?
Do you think those that main ZSS will have a similar preference?

Edit: Anyone is free to answer these questions, really.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Edit: Anyone is free to answer these questions, really.
Oh, well in that case...

Dazwa's Dazwa Tier List

Fiendlord Tier:
Zero Suit Samus
Meta Knight

SleepyK Tier:
Marth
Kirby
Game and Watch
King Dedede

Pistolshrimp Tier:
Snake
Diddy Kong
Bowser

Bad Dairy Tier:
Everyone else

Adapt

Smash Lord
Do you think those that main ZSS will have a similar preference?
Top: ZSS, ROB, Sheik/Zelda
Occasional picks: MK, Marth, Diddy, Jiggs, Falco, (Ganon for lulz)
Bottom: Wario, Yoshi, ICs, Lucario, Mario, Luigi, TL, Ness

ZSS mains seem to enjoy using Sheik/Zelda, Peach, Marth, and TL for whatever reason

Snakeee

Smash Master
haha,well i came cause i decided to go zss agian,so now i have olimar,zss,ic and marth,anything found that i should know about while i was'nt here?
I wanted to tell everyone something new, and this post should be good for me to say it. I've made a drastic change in my general playstyle recently. I do NOT consistently space Side B's and Down Smashes anymore against most of the cast against a good player that really knows the match up. Those moves are actually punishable if the player is able to powershield them.

Lately, while I was playing friendlies against my brother I was losing a lot, mainly because he powershields both of these almost every single time and ends up punishing me for it. I was able to find new ways to play as ZSS, and it involves putting a lot of pressure on with her aerials, tilts, and jab. I've been doing a lot more falling up airs now, and a nice little combo that works well a lot is doing the up air right before you hit the ground with your back to the opponent, and then b-airing them.

Ewwww Marth, shim has a nasty ******, and no one answered my question D:

BTW could you reply to that PM i sent you Snakeee?
Hmm, I actually thought I answered all my recent PMs, when did you send it? I'll check...I'm getting a lot of those lately :dizzy:

Let me try and explain the question I want to ask through this example:

When I play Smash against my brother 1v1 (which isn't much cause he doesn't live with me), My first match with him I play as ZSS. I play afew rounds, and when I feel like switching, I go to Ike, the closest thing I have to a secondary. After that, when I've still been smoking him, I go to ROB, then Snake... etc.

They are preferred characters to play, my skill with each only being a small factor. Well, one night I went to the trouble of ranking every single character in this way. At the bottom of my list was Wario, Yoshi, Sonic and PT.

Edit: Do you think those that main ZSS will have a similar preference?
Well, besides which characters they play as the most, it's more likely that they'll do better with characters that have somewhat similar gameplay to ZSS. My best are the characters I mentioned already, and my worst is probably Yoshi too lol. He's hard to use if you don't know what you're doing, which is why IC's would be one of my worst as well. I'm also horrendous with Snake and my brother can 3 stock him with utter ease. >_>

EDIT: oh and it seems that a lot of ZSS players actually secondary Sheik

clowsui

Smash Legend
a lot meaning snakee?

also snakee when you're at SWR i think you should CP sheik vs. MK and just DACUS the hell out of them =) Be sure to record it too~

you should be pretty good at spacing since you're zss

kuenzel

Smash Ace
I might as well post my tier list too, so we can say "Look! The statistics show ZSS mains naturally hate Sonic!" (jk jk don't flame me)

"Almost Always" Tier:
ZSS

"After that" Tier"
Ike
ROB
Snake
Marth
TL

"Meh" Teir
Falco
MK
C Falcon
G&W
Jigglypuff

"I'm insulting you" Tier
Everyone else, but especially:

Samus
Pikachu
DK
Sonic
PT
and tied for last
Wario & Yoshi

Edit: I also feel an affinity for the female characters. Except Samus.

Adapt

Smash Lord
I wanted to tell everyone something new, and this post should be good for me to say it. I've made a drastic change in my general playstyle recently. I do NOT consistently space Side B's and Down Smashes anymore against most of the cast against a good player that really knows the match up. Those moves are actually punishable if the player is able to powershield them.

Lately, while I was playing friendlies against my brother I was losing a lot, mainly because he powershields both of these almost every single time and ends up punishing me for it. I was able to find new ways to play as ZSS, and it involves putting a lot of pressure on with her aerials, tilts, and jab. I've been doing a lot more falling up airs now, and a nice little combo that works well a lot is doing the up air right before you hit the ground with your back to the opponent, and then b-airing them.
Are you sure D-smash is punishable? Side-B I can see, but not D-smash.

Interestingly I think I know what style you are talking about, I have to use it against my friend's mario because he is way too good at avoiding my side-B and paralyzer and disrupting my spacing game with fireballs.

also: Vids?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Snakeee. How long did it take you to learn all the match ups for ZSS? Cause your incomplete match up chart isn't helping me much. lol Well, it's not mattering alot. In 3-4 games I'm learning them. Probably better from experience anyway too.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Are you sure D-smash is punishable? Side-B I can see, but not D-smash.

Interestingly I think I know what style you are talking about, I have to use it against my friend's mario because he is way too good at avoiding my side-B and paralyzer and disrupting my spacing game with fireballs.

also: Vids?
Oh I forgot to mention the paralyzer there, that is punishable too unless it's the charged version from a pretty far distance. And, that's good that you had the same idea. No, I don't have any vids yet with me using this playstyle, but I'm going to a tourney on Saturday so maybe if someone records matches I will.

Snakeee. How long did it take you to learn all the match ups for ZSS? Cause your incomplete match up chart isn't helping me much. lol Well, it's not mattering alot. In 3-4 games I'm learning them. Probably better from experience anyway too.
Sorry, that topic was just too much to maintain X_X. I find out new things in each match up pretty frequently as well as realizing that certain things that I thought worked actually don't. It takes experience against a good player that uses the character for you to really learn the match up well, because you have to know everything that character is capable of and go against it first hand. Also, it's much better if that person knows how to play against ZSS well as well.

EDIT: oh, and Adapt D-smash is punishable against certain characters, metaknight and DDD are included there. Make sure you space D-smash really well regardless, it's especially important against Snake who can't really punish a perfectly spaced D-smash

Chaco

Never Logs In
Sorry, that topic was just too much to maintain X_X. I find out new things in each match up pretty frequently as well as realizing that certain things that I thought worked actually don't. It takes experience against a good player that uses the character for you to really learn the match up well, because you have to know everything that character is capable of and go against it first hand. Also, it's much better if that person knows how to play against ZSS well as well.
Yeah, I've learned that from other characters too. Well, the person I mostly play has played you. Wifi of course though. So I think she knows how to play ZSS pretty well. XD (She lost though)

Chaco

Never Logs In
Snakeee, I'm curious of your new style. Can you give us any leaks? :3

CVaJJ

Smash Rookie
Is there any way to set up a Meteor Smash over a void with her flip kick? I tried D-Throwing right next to the edge (of Final Destination) and they bounce up about 30-70% (they bounce up regardless but it usually connects at those percentages) and catch them as the go up with the Flip Kick but I'm guessing the CPU doesn't really know how to DI out of it.

But are there sure ways of setting it up?

CBK

Smash Journeyman
Might I ask what do you think about Claw and how he plays as a Zamus? Do you think he's as good/worse/better than you? This is just something I"m wondering.

OverLade

Smash Hero
I Have A Question Snakeee, Can You Give Me Some Tips On How To 3 Stock You?
What an *** lol.

It was good **** the first match. But it's ally so nobody should hate on Snakeee.

Im just wondering, was it him adapting to any way you could possibly kill him? Or just being untouchable in general?

Chaco

Never Logs In
You gotta remember Ally also 3 stocked Boss, and another dude....who at the moment I can't remember.

Snakeee had a pretty good tourney, no offense but I was pulling for Atomsk.

Adapt

Smash Lord
right when the feed got cut off before I went to bed, Snakeee was beating up on Atomsk in a MM
When did he 2 stock M2K anyway? I didn't catch the feed until the match where NL was sent to losers

Top Bottom