• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Ask Snakeee Stuff... about Stuff" Thread

Hence

Smash Ace
Hmm, I haven't really tested it, but wouldn't dsmash > down B - even in the middle of a stage kill faster than Zero Suit's aerials?

Should Zero Suit be making any approaches without the opponent being stunned? How do you approach as Zero Suit? Furthermore, when U-Airing an opponent located on a higher platform, how do you know when to return to your safe zone? Is it in your best interest to land a hit and return, or try to follow something up with the risk of taking damage?

Out of shield options: (This is going to be general, so bear with me.)
I literally never attempt to attack out of shield. Because I shield a lot, (I play very aggressive opponents) I can often be shield broken. What are some good options against very aggressive opponents who are very fast? (Particularly online, but you can disregard that, because the same goes for a few offline friends.)

In my "Blog Thread" I talk about complications with Kirby. I know you play some awesome Kirby users, Snakeee...but you put the match-up in Kirby's favor. I'm going to list some of my complications. >.>
Dash Attack (Used at edges of stages or to break spacing.)
SH Dair +FSmash
Grabs, Grabs, Grabs!

I'm also looking forward to seeing your new style with Zero Suit Samus, Snakeee. SHFF U-Airs are great, but how would one hit a grounded opponent without being punished? I'm assuming this strategy will only work at very low or very high percentages.

CVaJJ

Smash Rookie
Oh hot ****. I love you Snakeeee, I just saw a video of Z1GMA(?), I think, posted in the other thread of what you mentioned of setting up a spiking Flip Kick with the D-Smash. ****ing beautiful.

One more thing, it's sort of like the "Zero Stepping" (B-Throw>Dash>F-Tilt>F-Tilt>Dash>F-Tilt), but at some percentages, I Dash, and right after that (before the opponent hits the floor) I use the Paralyzer, and follow up with another dash, seems really situational cause works on a small range of percentage, but are there better ways of racking up damage in that fashion?

I'm guessing the percentage is about 20-30% for that as well.

CVaJJ

Smash Rookie
Is there anything to help time the spike better?.... I get the down smash off but i always end up timing the down-b at the wrong time and it ends up sending them away rather than spiking, any tips?
Also can you take a look at my ZSS vids to help with things I'm doing wrong, I know there's alot of them.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=6381043#post6381043
Not sure if this always works, but I was pulling that off a more consistently when I did two d-smashes and did then the Flip Kick.

Snakeee

Smash Master
So many questions Hence X_X, so I'll answer them within the quote.

Hmm, I haven't really tested it, but wouldn't dsmash > down B - even in the middle of a stage kill faster than Zero Suit's aerials?

Technically yes, but I think you only have time for one d-smash then in which case it wouldn't be worth it.

Should Zero Suit be making any approaches without the opponent being stunned? How do you approach as Zero Suit? Furthermore, when U-Airing an opponent located on a higher platform, how do you know when to return to your safe zone? Is it in your best interest to land a hit and return, or try to follow something up with the risk of taking damage?

Approaching on the ground is hard for ZSS, and I wouldn't say it's her strongest point. On some character's I'd space side-Bs and d-smash for the most part. For other's (mostly faster chars) I would space b-airs and falling up airs. But others still, I would have them approach me first and try to punish their approach.
And for the platform thing I usually do 2-3 up airs while staying underneath it, then up-B on my way down or jump again and B-air.

Out of shield options: (This is going to be general, so bear with me.)
I literally never attempt to attack out of shield. Because I shield a lot, (I play very aggressive opponents) I can often be shield broken. What are some good options against very aggressive opponents who are very fast? (Particularly online, but you can disregard that, because the same goes for a few offline friends.)

As I've mentioned already, Up air, B-air, Up-tilt, d-tilt, jab, and f-tilt are really good out of shield options depending on where your opponent is after they attack, and the space between you.

In my "Blog Thread" I talk about complications with Kirby. I know you play some awesome Kirby users, Snakeee...but you put the match-up in Kirby's favor. I'm going to list some of my complications. >.>
Dash Attack (Used at edges of stages or to break spacing.)
SH Dair +FSmash
Grabs, Grabs, Grabs!

I'm also looking forward to seeing your new style with Zero Suit Samus, Snakeee. SHFF U-Airs are great, but how would one hit a grounded opponent without being punished? I'm assuming this strategy will only work at very low or very high percentages.
I do really well against Kirby now, and I've won more sets against Chu than he has against me. I think it's pretty strongly in ZSS' favor, that thread is just outdatted and I sort of gave up on it for now since it's too much work.
I'll mention a couple of key things.

1) Your up air beats his d-air if spaced well enough. Do a ton of aerial comboing, but be ready to react in time to airdodge a down B if he goes for that.
2) Down B will escape any grab combo of his at ZERO
3) Camp him hard until he approaches. When he is somewhat close get ready to punish whatever approach he makes. He is pretty vulnerable to jabs, and d-tilts out of shield work pretty well after most of his attacks.

Is there anything to help time the spike better?.... I get the down smash off but i always end up timing the down-b at the wrong time and it ends up sending them away rather than spiking, any tips?
Also can you take a look at my ZSS vids to help with things I'm doing wrong, I know there's alot of them.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=6381043#post6381043
I'll check the vids when I get a chance. That was my problem at first too with the down B. You have to wait a bit before you do the attack part or it won't spike. So do it at the latest point of the down B. Also, make sure you direct the kick where her toes will hit the opponent.

1) Are you a Mac or a PC?

2)Who are your secondaries and do you use them in tournies?
1) PC, but I'm thinking of getting Linux. Also, my laptop just crashed -__- .

2) Sheik/Zelda, Marth, and Peach. Right now I use Sheik/Zelda against spacies, and in a couple other match ups depending on the stage. And, I'm strongly considering going Marth in a couple of match ups too now.

jibbyjaont

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for being a nuisance with all my questions, but against falco with ZSS what are your tactics. Also, do you pick ZSS or a diff. char against falco? If not, which characters do you recommend not fighting as zero suit?

canthandletheSpeculosity

Smash Journeyman
...How do you fight Wario? Some of the time I cant touch the guy to save my life. He airdodges everything I throw at him (ground or air) even with mindgames. Everytime I try to fight him in the air his dair gets me. I just cant touch him in the air and that's where zss shines.

EDIT: All I know in this matchup is the grab release to dsmash (if you're not doing an infinite)

Snakeee

Smash Master
Sorry for being a nuisance with all my questions, but against falco with ZSS what are your tactics. Also, do you pick ZSS or a diff. char against falco? If not, which characters do you recommend not fighting as zero suit?
It's no problem, just don't expect me to always answer right away. I don't play that match up anymore, it's her hardest by far IMO as I've mentioned. I use Sheik/Zelda which is around even. That's probably the only match up that is strongly uphill, but I find Snake and DDD to be pretty tough too. Falco's the only one I really counterpick against though right now. (well I use Sheik against all spacies because she destroys them)

How did you fair against DSF?
It's on youtube. I did alright, it wasn't my best and I made some stupid mistakes. On his end, he really didn't know how to fight ZSS too well either. So, I wouldn't say it's the best match in the world, but it's pretty interesting I think lol.

...How do you fight Wario? Some of the time I cant touch the guy to save my life. He airdodges everything I throw at him (ground or air) even with mindgames. Everytime I try to fight him in the air his dair gets me. I just cant touch him in the air and that's where zss shines.

EDIT: All I know in this matchup is the grab release to dsmash (if you're not doing an infinite)
Do tons of up airs, and link them to B-airs. You will beat any of his aerials if you space them right. Try to play it defensively though. Space Side-Bs only from the furthest distance to get him to approach, and then try to punish.

Marth... how do you deal with the unfairest fair in the game? D:
It depends on what position he is in.
Do all of these out of shield-
If he does it a bit high, you can up air him.
If he lands with it, I believe you can grab him as he is landing.
If he is too low for an up air you can jab him if he closes in with it. If he does it retreating you can probably jump back and try to side B him.

K

koka

A neutron walks into a bar. "How much for a drink here, anyway?" To which the bartender responds, "For you, no charge."

I once visited a crematorium that gave a discount to burn victims.

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One cannibal turns to the others and asks, "Does this taste funny to you?"

Protons have mass? I wasn't even aware they were Catholic.

Bada bing bada boom! Courtesy of the Fallout 3 Robot Butler lol

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Any tips on the matchup against luigi? Being a diddy main i need another char to go against luigi. It's between peach and zss and i know im not going to pick peach lol.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Snakeee, maybe you can help me out here.

The ZSS board claims the following ratios:

vs G&W- 60:40 ZSS. G&W board claims 55:45 G&W.
vs Marth- 50:50 even. Marth board claims 60:40 Marth.
vs. ROB- 60:40 ZSS. ROB board hasn't discussed ZSS yet.

There are some MAJOR disagreements. I don't know what the hell to think.

jibbyjaont

Smash Journeyman
A neutron walks into a bar. "How much for a drink here, anyway?" To which the bartender responds, "For you, no charge."

I once visited a crematorium that gave a discount to burn victims.

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One cannibal turns to the others and asks, "Does this taste funny to you?"

Protons have mass? I wasn't even aware they were Catholic.

Bada bing bada boom! Courtesy of the Fallout 3 Robot Butler lol
Thank you so much lol. I wonder if Snakeeeee has any better.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
A bear and a rabbit are taking a **** in the forst. The bear goes to the rabbit, "Do you have a problem with **** sticking to your fur?" The rabbit says, "Me? Not at all." So the bear wipes his *** with the rabbit.

TheRockSays

Smash Journeyman
Snakeee, maybe you can help me out here.

The ZSS board claims the following ratios:

vs G&W- 60:40 ZSS. G&W board claims 55:45 G&W.
vs Marth- 50:50 even. Marth board claims 60:40 Marth.
vs. ROB- 60:40 ZSS. ROB board hasn't discussed ZSS yet.

There are some MAJOR disagreements. I don't know what the hell to think.
The thing is ZSS Is very unpredictable offline A little Delay can mess you up From which i also found out that if your playing in a HD tv Without a component Cable for the wii ZSS will be messing up because of button delays.

Now that we ruled out what can mess a ZSS player, Mr.G&W is a power House his most harshest moves against ZSS are back air, n air and down smash all it takes to beat a ZSS, but the weakness of Mr.G&W are his moves are slow you can down tilt before he down smashes, You can roll in front of game and watch while he back airs,N-Air just crawl O_o.

Screw marth i can't handle him yet.

R.O.B side b approach and space Counter pick Platform Stages against R.O.B i have played my cousin's R.O.B so much i can shield the first down smash and shield and spot dodge the second one.

Thats all i got to say about that.

K

koka

A bear and a rabbit are taking a **** in the forst. The bear goes to the rabbit, "Do you have a problem with **** sticking to your fur?" The rabbit says, "Me? Not at all." So the bear wipes his *** with the rabbit.
LMFAO!!! Good one lol.

jibbyjaont

Smash Journeyman
Wow. Nice one. I never hear any funny animal jokes. Nice.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Snake how does Zss do against kirby?

I briefly check the match up thread and I didn't see what it was listed so I would like your personal input on the matter.

Right now with my Sheik and faintly Zelda on the side combo I feel I can take on anyone but Kirby.

If Zss goes as much as even I might just pick her back up for good.

Chaco

Never Logs In
This was discussed several times in various threads, as well as this one a few pages back. :]

Snakeee

Smash Master
Yeah Tristan I believe ZSS actually counters Kirby so that's convienient for you. Dejana I think I'm going to a tourney in Canada in March so maybe I'll see you and other ZSS mains there. I would have sent you a PM about it but my computer crashed X_X. I'm using my cell now and it's annoying so sorry if I cant answer too many questions for a bit.

Jugz

Smash Apprentice
snakeee i have a couple of questions, the down b under what conditions need to be met for it to spike? And if you play teams what character is your partner usually? I've been teaming with a g&w and zss / g&w work very well together i think.

Adapt

Smash Lord
snakeee i have a couple of questions, the down b under what conditions need to be met for it to spike? And if you play teams what character is your partner usually? I've been teaming with a g&w and zss / g&w work very well together i think.
Down-B will spike in the first couple frames after you initiate the attack

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
What you really need is a character that can KO at low percentages; my normal teams parter plays both Snake and Ganondorf and they complement ZSS extremely well.

canthandletheSpeculosity

Smash Journeyman
Ganon is a good teammate for zss? I wanna try it...

And yes GW is a good partner for zss because of his strength. dont forget that he can absorb your dsmash with his bucket so use that for team attacks.

believe it or not i think rob is a good partner for zss. robs aerial game is mediocre at most (at least for zss.). zss' aerial game is awesome. compliment?

Jugz

Smash Apprentice
Ganon is a good teammate for zss? I wanna try it...

And yes GW is a good partner for zss because of his strength. dont forget that he can absorb your dsmash with his bucket so use that for team attacks.

believe it or not i think rob is a good partner for zss. robs aerial game is mediocre at most (at least for zss.). zss' aerial game is awesome. compliment?
yah we know, its actually a ohko with the bucket wiht 3 down smashes lands.

TheNix

Smash Journeyman
Actually setting up for a 0hko is too hard for it to be practical in an actual match.
It wont happen every game (and it's a bad idea to constantly go for it), but it's really not that hard to set it up every now and then. Just need to know the situations in which it's safe to charge it. Once its charged, it's super easy to hit with; ZSS can just stun someone.

Even without bucket kills, G&W makes an incredible teammate.

lil cj

Smash Lord
Hi Snake
I just picked up ZSS
and Ive noticed she is very hard to get used to for some reason
Theres matches where I win and some that I lose badly
My question(s) are what are the main moves I should be using??
Is it necessary to learn Samus??
And what are some of the combos you use that are hightly effective???

Edit: Hi ZSS mains:)

Snakeee

Smash Master
The bucket is pretty amazing if you have good coordination with your teammate. The best ways seem to be having G&W stand behind you or have him go under the stage. And cj thats too general of a question. I think you should check out the other Q&A thread.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Because I use green, and we all know Snakeee loves my sig so much that he wants to use Green like me. :]
If snakeee answer is related to Rock Lee I'll start calling him brother.

Zero suit Samus user, uses sheik, and has a ff8 avatar which is by fav game of all time.

Anyways snakeee I've recently been collecting data about Zss, looking at combos %, combos that don't work, how to recover, and basically everything but when I reach the dair section on "Tips, Tricks, and General Advice for Using ZSS" I notice a great lacking about a use of the dair.

Before I stop using Zss I was testing how Zss dair could do if it trade with recoveries. Thus stopping her from killing her self but at the same time killing her opponent. I already know for a fact it trades with Marth up B but does this have a use on other characters as well?

Can a dair trade with say a meta knight or even a game and watch up B?

Snakeee

Smash Master
Wow lmao Tristan. I always liked the green color but Slikvik gave me the nickname "Rock Lee" so I started using it more. Anyway the d-air does trade with those I believe but there are better options. For meta you can spike or at least trade hits with down b. For most chars if I expect an up b I'd rather DI away and then b-air them if I can. Besides if we're talking off the stage the move will kill herself unless its really high up. D-air is best as a mindgame when the opponent expects you to land normally or with down b (first part). It does have other uses though

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Besides if we're talking off the stage the move will kill herself unless its really high up. D-air is best as a mindgame when the opponent expects you to land normally or with down b (first part). It does have other uses though
Interesting Brother...but isn't setting up a down B spike a bit more difficult to do then say the dair? Also wouldn't the dair be a guaranteed spike while the down B only being at the foot plus it's only remain capable of spiking for a very short time after coming out?

I think just as long as you hit your target and do in fact trade hits with their up B or whatever Zss should no longer be free falling to her death and should be able to recover back onto the stage safely.

I'm not trying to argue here, just brain storming about this on the spot without any means to test....

Top Bottom