• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Ask Snakeee Stuff... about Stuff" Thread

Snakeee

Smash Master
Heh, well its much safer in general and even if you dont spike with it the down b stays out for a while and at worst you trade hits. Usually zss gets sent towards the stage and meta goes further off if you direct her feet away from the stage. Also the dair is very weak plus if meta sees it coming and you miss...bye bye zss :(

Garde

Smash Ace
Oh brother my brother...
Way to quote cheesy Pokemon movie songs.

Another question!

In your money match against Atomsk, I noticed that the matches were replays longer than two minutes. Is it standard at tournies to have the no replay limit code enabled through homebrew channel or something?

Also, was the music used in those videos playing during the match via the Brawl Engine, or was the match silent (for music only, sound effects still on) and the music was added after? I have no clue how to get the SSE music on Battlefield, but I want it.

Adapt

Smash Lord
About dair: I tried to check some of the slower recoveries to see if you could trade hits and get the spike off, but dair will either beat them out or not trade at all. I tried Link, Ganon, Squirtle, and a few others, and I couldn't get it to work right. I pretty much gave up after that because it's really dangerous to try against quicker and stronger recovery moves.

Also I like hearing that my thread has gotten some use

Garde: Ninjalink has a hacked wii and uses the infinite replay code. Whenever his wii gets used in the tourney they have the option of saving. I can guess that he has the other code that allows you to play any song on any stage, but I dunno.

example: click on view full post
Music Modifier WiFi[Heinermann]
There is another code that changes the music of the stage permenantly but I can't find it atm

Chaco

Never Logs In
Way to quote cheesy Pokemon movie songs.
Actually that wasn't a quote from Pokemon, that was a change of words from family guy. When Brian teaches the remedial kids. ;D

Garde

Smash Ace
My mistake, Chaco. Though that is a quote from a Pokemon movie song, as well. :p

Thanks Adapt. I have a hacked Wii and the no replay time limit code enabled, I didn't know about the music codes, though. I think I shall have to play around with this. :)

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
My mistake, Chaco. Though that is a quote from a Pokemon movie song, as well. :p

Thanks Adapt. I have a hacked Wii and the no replay time limit code enabled, I didn't know about the music codes, though. I think I shall have to play around with this. :)
Brother...My Brother...Tell me what are we fighting for...Isn't life worth so much more?

Thecloudmon

Smash Cadet
Stage Control

So far in my idea Snake,Falco have there state control down with ZSS most people say spacing is better
What do you think?

From most of your matches is see more spacing. with people Nick Riddle i see stage control.

i know it also depends on match ups so for argument sake lets Wario, Falco, and Pit. (Not MK )

kuenzel

Smash Ace
Ninjalink has a hacked wii and uses the infinite replay code. Whenever his wii gets used in the tourney they have the option of saving. I can guess that he has the other code that allows you to play any song on any stage, but I dunno.
Is there a Code that stores names on the replay too? I find the fact that it removes them is annoying- You gotta know who's pwning who, right?

Adapt

Smash Lord
Is there a Code that stores names on the replay too? I find the fact that it removes them is annoying- You gotta know who's pwning who, right?
I don't remember ever seeing one, but if you find one let me know. I have a bunch of random replays on my wii from the recent tourney and I dunno who some of the people are. Having he name would really help.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I usually keep a piece of paper next to my setup so people can write down matchups that were saved. It's an alternative that works but it's pretty annoying =(

Adapt

Smash Lord
I usually keep a piece of paper next to my setup so people can write down matchups that were saved. It's an alternative that works but it's pretty annoying =(
I tried that, but most of the people didn't listen to me when I announced it. I have 25ish replays, and I think 5 people wrote something on my sheet (translates to 11 matches iirc)

kuenzel

Smash Ace
I'm thinking of bringing by own SD Card so i can save my own matches with others, regardless whose set up I use- I should be able to remember who I faced, right? Until that "name hack" is discovered (I'm staring at you Smash Lab!), I guess we'll have to settle with what we got.

Rawr_

Smash Apprentice
LOL wow after seeing all the talk about pokemon songs i started singing the pokemon theme without even realizing it
>_>

Garde

Smash Ace
Definitely wouldn't consider it a counter match, but does MK have any counter matches? This might be the closest he's got.

Garde

Smash Ace
This is a question to Snakeee, Faded, or ph00t, mostly. When dealing with projectile spamming characters in general, which stages do you prefer. I am mostly referring to characters with uni-directional, spammable projectiles (Wolf, Falco, Samus, etc.).

I had a particularly frustrating set of matches against a friend on WiFi this last week, and the lag was making it nigh impossible for reflexively powershielding, let alone shielding, spammed projectiles. However, I will be playing him in person this weekend and want to make sure I deliver him as much pain as possible to keep his ego in check from taking two rounds from me in WiFi (a small number of what we played, but he won't stop rubbing it in, pay back is a ***** :p).

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
My crew from school is hoping to show up. We will crush you all.
I saw as much. Be sure to come decked out in VT regalia. ;)

Garde: I really like any stage with platforms, but against, for instance, Falco, I really like Norfair. Luigi's Mansion may be another good choice, but it's fairly easy for them to turn it against you.

Against Samus, I really don't care. I just use dash attack.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
This is a question to Snakeee, Faded, or ph00t, mostly. When dealing with projectile spamming characters in general, which stages do you prefer. I am mostly referring to characters with uni-directional, spammable projectiles (Wolf, Falco, Samus, etc.).
Rainbow Cruise? That chaotic/moving/multi-level stage should make it harder for your bud to just camp and spam. Plus, its is good in general for ZSS's air-game.

sasook

Smash Champion
I love Norfair. Once you get the lava used to your advantage, combine that with it's low ceiling, and deceptively large room in the middle, it's just too good. Multi ledges are a nice feature too.

Garde

Smash Ace
I've been out of the metagame for a while, so forgive my ignorance. How would a Wolf or Falco turn Luigi's Mansion against a ZSS?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I've been out of the metagame for a while, so forgive my ignorance. How would a Wolf or Falco turn Luigi's Mansion against a ZSS?
It's a more general thing. The stage is a real double edged sword. Basically, anyone can camp that stage if they're fast enough/have a good enough projectile. ZSS can do it a bit better than Falco, but she has to be in a position to camp to begin with.

canthandletheSpeculosity

Smash Journeyman
I personally think Norfair is zss' best stage by far. I've never lost a match on there when I cp it in a set. You can pressure them with all the aerials you want and not get countered. And they cant touch you because you can move anywhere you want. You cant get edgeguarded because there's edges everywhere. Side b works wonders because there's no where they can go when on the small platforms. What's that? They can jump? As soon as they try an airdodge zss can punish it with her uair.

jibbyjaont

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't the multiple edges make your side+b grab the ledge when you are outside? Sorry if im dumb, I seldom play this stage.

jibbyjaont

Smash Journeyman
So how does ZSS do on flat stages like Link's stage and Flat Zone?

P.S. Where is Snakeeeee? Isn't this his thread? lol.

oze6000

Smash Apprentice
I have trouble with spikes and both edge guarding and hogging. I get people off of the stage pretty well but i need tips on killing them once their off. I'm never able to get low percentage kills really.

Top Bottom