• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Ask Snakeee Stuff... about Stuff" Thread

Garde

Smash Ace
Well, I'm back from my weekend trip, and I must say that it was purely the lag from WiFi that was making it hard for me to get past projectile spamming. I had no trouble getting past any projectile spamage and thoroughly dug his grave for him.

He almost took a single round against me on Shadow Moses Island due to me being stupid. I had forgotten that the items don't do any damage to the walls, but bounce off at high speeds, so I ended up giving him all of my items at the start of the match instead of destroying the wall. I was still able to recover the match, which I think pissed him off a lot. :laugh:

I'm still not really sure how a projectile spammer can camp on Luigi's Mansion, though. I felt that that stage in particular sort of destroys most projectile game until the mansion gets destroyed.

cba

Smash Master
HolyNightmare's powershielding is superb. even in wifi.
i suggest that everyone who uses ZSS to learn how to powershield and DI properly.
you will be teh sex.

Snakeee

Smash Master
When do you use your up-tilt? Specific situations would be great
The typical times to use it are out of your shield and after you spot dodge. You can't be predictable with it though because it lags a lot afterwards. It combos after a dash attack, but only at certain low percentages and only against certain characters.

jibbyjaont

Smash Journeyman
Do you space more in doubles because I usually get tangled up between me and my partner. I can't really use my side+b because I hit him too. Any advice?

P.S. : Did you watch Superbowl XLIII? Who were you rooting for?

xxDKxx

Smash Rookie
What're the next tournies you are planning on going to?
Do you use d-air a lot and in what situations?

Garde

Smash Ace
You should almost never use d-air. The only time it actually works is if you completely catch your opponent by surprise (meaning you use it very infrequently, less than once per match), but there is almost always a better option than d-air.

cba

Smash Master
i use Dair alot when snakes try to gay me w/ a Usmash while im recovering(after they Utilt me of course) i nearly always hit them and destroy his Usmash. ^.^

canthandletheSpeculosity

Smash Journeyman
Dair is also useful when someone like mk has you in the air and is using constant uairs and stuff on you to keep you from touching the ground. dair gets you there ASAP. make sure not to hit him though when using it or you will knock him down with you and he will be able to punish your landing.

Garde

Smash Ace
I definitely agree with using it to destroy Snake's up-smash.

I don't have much experience against particularly skilled MKs, but it makes sense since he is pretty floaty. I'd be careful about using it too close to MK, since the landing lag on that move is horrid. Spec, do you know how close you can be and still have it be safe (like how high up/far away MK has to be so that he can't FF, Whorenado, or side+B into you)?

Snakeee

Smash Master
I use D-air randomly when my opponent is looking too eager for me to land. It has pretty decent priority and at least clashes with a lot of attacks.

Spacing is really important in teams.You should use side B just slightly less, and try to avoid hitting your teammate as much as possible.

and I don't care much about the Super Bowl anymore...which is ironic because I was born on one lol.
I'd much rather play a sport than watch one.

canthandletheSpeculosity

Smash Journeyman
I definitely agree with using it to destroy Snake's up-smash.

I don't have much experience against particularly skilled MKs, but it makes sense since he is pretty floaty. I'd be careful about using it too close to MK, since the landing lag on that move is horrid. Spec, do you know how close you can be and still have it be safe (like how high up/far away MK has to be so that he can't FF, Whorenado, or side+B into you)?
I use it like anytime they're under me or beside me in the air while im up high, most of the time near the top ceiling magnifying glass. but as long as you know you're high enough that if executed, you know they couldnt get to you in time when you hit the ground then you're good. it works with all chars that can chase you high in the air. like DDD and them.

cba

Smash Master
I'd much rather play a sport than watch one.
That. you feel me.
i dont really enjoy looking @ ppl playing sports.
its better to be there playing rather than looking and giving out opinions like "WHY'd you do that" "That was a bad move" or w/e, cause at the end of the day, they cant hear you.
I feel the same way about basketball sometimes.
baseball is the only one interesting for me, because since i cant play it, i'd rather watch it.

jibbyjaont

Smash Journeyman
Lol totally opposite. Why can't you play it?

On topic: Do you think the matchup between ZSS and The Bird would be easier if you crawl under the lasers? Or would that actually backfire?

cba

Smash Master
Lol totally opposite. Why can't you play it?

On topic: Do you think the matchup between ZSS and The Bird would be easier if you crawl under the lasers? Or would that actually backfire?
lol i dont have good aim. ect. i cant throw a ball and all the crap.

you can crawl, i suggest it. but he will approach ASAP when he sees that his ghey lasers arent helping. so you should have a trick up your sleeve.

Snakeee

Smash Master
You can crawl but it's still risky because once he gets close you don't have any good options out of crawling besides a down B....actually down B sounds nice from crawling hmm.
A d-tilt isn't safe to use against falco really, and you're likely to get d-aired or grabbed while you are crawling.

cba

Smash Master
*cba apologizes to snakeee for trying to answer a Q in his Q&A thread...*

Snakeee

Smash Master
*cba apologizes to snakeee for trying to answer a Q in his Q&A thread...*
Lol it's alright just try not to answer if you're not sure. Regardless I will correct you if you are wrong, and if you feel I'm wrong about something you can say it. I've gone back on quite a few things I used to think worked and then later realized that they didn't.

cba

Smash Master
*slaps back*
jay kay...
i will try to help w/ the Q&A....you got this bagged.

and btw snakeee, i was playing this MK and i found wavebouncing i.e. Bsticking good against him when he was doing his ghey Shuttle loop randomly.
do you suggest it or no?

Snakeee

Smash Master
*slaps back*
jay kay...
i will try to help w/ the Q&A....you got this bagged.

and btw snakeee, i was playing this MK and i found wavebouncing i.e. Bsticking good against him when he was doing his ghey Shuttle loop randomly.
do you suggest it or no?
I don't bother with that mainly because I need to be able to have an instant D-smash. It hasn'treally been when tried but, it could be useful though. Once in a while I'll wave-bounce manually, but I don't do it often.

cba

Smash Master
I don't bother with that mainly because I need to be able to have an instant D-smash. It hasn'treally been when tried but, it could be useful though. Once in a while I'll wave-bounce manually, but I don't do it often.
yes, thats what i mean, mannually.
i cant imagine NOT haveing Dsmash when using the Cstick.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Since no one wants to continue with the matchup thread, do you have any input on fighting good Olimars?

Well, here's the gist of it.
Pressure the hell out of him while outspacing him with forward B. If his shield is weakened even a little (since it kind of sucks), you can run in and dash attack-up tilt him. Then make getting him in the air a priority. He can be comboed really well with up airs and Up B, and then a lot of times finish with a B-air.

You can usually KO him at pretty low percents with up airs or B-air, and you can edgeguard him well if you make the right predictions. A neat thing is that if you want to try and gimp him you can hold the ledge and let go then down B back onto it. You'll regain your invincibility as you grab the ledge, but if worst comes to worst you're invincible during his Up B so it won't hit you.

jibbyjaont

Smash Journeyman
A d-tilt isn't safe to use against falco really, and you're likely to get d-aired or grabbed while you are crawling.
But wouldn't you see a dair coming once he gets off the ground? And as for The Bird going for a grab, I think you would have the option of getting back up since the lasers stopped shooting. Maybe a SH fair or a spaced side+b would work. Any thoughts?

Snakeee

Smash Master
But wouldn't you see a dair coming once he gets off the ground? And as for The Bird going for a grab, I think you would have the option of getting back up since the lasers stopped shooting. Maybe a SH fair or a spaced side+b would work. Any thoughts?
Well you can still shield since you can do that out of a crawl, but you're still in a bad position as he can grab a lot faster than you can.
And I almost never side B against Falco. I don't know if most Falco players know this (they probably don't), but when I used to try it against D1 he would jump at me and reflector which would hit before the side B even came out X_X

Evolution1988

Smash Rookie
Hey, didn't read through all 29 pages so forgive me if this has been asked.

What are your thoughts on b-sticking in general with ZSS? The auto-RAR is nice but I can do that without switching up controls. Curious about your thoughts. :) Also, do you find that recoil specials with the side special work well? I'm honestly not used to b-sticking and am wondering if its worth learning to do it better if it means generally better spacing.

Thanks.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Hey, didn't read through all 29 pages so forgive me if this has been asked.

What are your thoughts on b-sticking in general with ZSS? The auto-RAR is nice but I can do that without switching up controls. Curious about your thoughts. :) Also, do you find that recoil specials with the side special work well? I'm honestly not used to b-sticking and am wondering if its worth learning to do it better if it means generally better spacing.

Thanks.
Your game will end up suffering from b-sticking; quick d-smashes are key at some points in the game, and you won't be able to fire them off as fast from using the control stick. Learn to wave-bounce without the use of the c-stick and implement it.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Like I've said on AiB, I can't explain the exact mechanics. It's like this muscle memory that's burned in and just activates at crucial times. If I had a Wii I would play around and try to explain it.

cba

Smash Master
kk i Bstick accidentally my PW, but my Neutral b i got it on deck.
to B-stick your Neutral B you have to be in the air facing the OPPOSITE direction to where you wanna do it. Now all you gotta do is press 'B' and immediately tap the control stick to the direction you wanna throw it i.e. backwards.

so just practice it like this:
- Run
- Jump (long jump for practice)
- press 'B'
- immediately tap the Control Stick opposite to where you were Running.
Result: a wavebounce that makes ZSS look even cooler.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
You can do it without facing the opposite direction though; I've thrown out wave-bounced Plasma Whips and Paralyzer shots without a turnaround.

cba

Smash Master
Really? ive done the Plasma whips but not the Paralyzers....

i think the animation makes ZSS go back then a bit forward during her Paralyzer.

canthandletheSpeculosity

Smash Journeyman
Yea I already know how to do it with the laser. It's the side b that got me. Like I would just jump, do it, and all of the sudden my character just moves just jerks back and does it. It really sounds like it could be useful if mastered.

Evolution1988

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the help with that. I actually have another question then. :)

I was playing around in training mode today and "discovered" or rather realized that you can do the backflip while hanging onto or tethered to the ledge. On final destination i'd drop down and backflip into the stage, then wall jump up and grab the ledge. Or while i was grabbing onto the ledge i'd do down+B which would jump me over the person who was trying to edge guard me and land me behind them with a really low-to-the-stage backflip. At lower percentages, down+B would put me high enough i could do the kick out of the backflip and I KO'd my buddy's Falco a couple of times with a sweet-spotted kick.

I was wondering if anyone knows the practicality of this in tournement settings, is it useful for mindgames? Has anyone tried this before? It seemed to me that it's great for edge guarding or protecting against edge guarding. What do you think?

Top Bottom